Scalzo

The Good Beer Thread

I drink shitty cheap beer cause I have no standards so someone ended up getting me one of those beer of the month kits. I don't know shit about good beer but this is what came.

Sudwerk double bock ultimator

Sudwerk California dry hop lager

Heavy seas loose cannon ipa

Heavy seas winter storm

Fuck if I know how to rate them but i just tried the double bock and it's pretty damn good

• Upvote (+1) 1

... <3 and?

twelve cans of Lights On, two cans of Old Man, two 750mL growlers of Julius, & two 2L growers of Alter Ego. no Green or Haze available today, but that just gives me a reason to take a second trip for another time

about to jump into the Julius in t-minus 30 seconds

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holler at me when you do ;)

sounds awesome, haze is definetley worth the trip back. 

very jelly 

I've only ever had them each once (from the can, no less), but Alter Ego and Haze impressed me more than Julius.

I was just in Des Moines yesterday. Stocked up on Sue and other goodies.

Just drank the best Lager ive ever had, open fermented w traditional german brewing equipment/technique/ multiple decoctions. 

Pilsner was equally as good and all the lagers they did were phenomenal. Dovetail in chicago 11/10

It was brewed in Chicago, making it domestic. if you ever leave your hole in the woods and find yourself in Ravenswood, check it out

I've only ever had them each once (from the can, no less), but Alter Ego and Haze impressed me more than Julius.

I was just in Des Moines yesterday. Stocked up on Sue and other goodies.

Alter Ego definitely has that lil extra pizzaz to it. A front-to-back juicy crushable delight. Lights On was great too. Old Man was solid, but definitely not my favorite style.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Best beer I've ever had was a beer called devul. It's some German shit I bought. Flavor was fantastic and the alcohol content was high AF, except you can't taste it. Sneaky fucking Germans.

You guys should try it.

Best beer I've ever had was a beer called devul. It's some German shit I bought. Flavor was fantastic and the alcohol content was high AF, except you can't taste it. Sneaky fucking Germans.

You guys should try it.

Belgian Golden Ale bruh, BELGIAN

They make great tulips too

• Upvote (+1) 1

Belgian Golden Ale bruh, BELGIAN

They make great tulips too

Lol I don't even look up where stuff is from I just buy randomly. All I know is it was pretty damn good.

stop drinking your piss water and go back to arguing in the politics thread assholes!

cereal water is a better dig br0 

u r polish, rite? in poland they pour water over cereal, because milk too expensive and cow not produce

also drink potato

maybe you are w0t u eat afterall @@Cypress @@Rick @McKeever 

cereal water is a better dig br0

u r polish, rite? in poland they pour water over cereal, because milk too expensive and cow not produce

also drink potato

maybe you are w0t u eat afterall @@Cypress @@Rick @@Mckeever

no in soviet Poland you get milk str8 out of the fookin cow, a tiny amount of filtering but it's actually crazy how different milk tastes there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Deschutes Brewery's Freshly Squeezed IPA is top notch.  I finally was able to try it over the weekend.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would just like to reiterate my displeasure that Yuengling isn't sold in Michigan (or anywhere that I've found).

Probably the best cheap beer ever made. You can get a 24oz for $2 at Winn Dixie.

It's also Obama's favorite beer.

Yuengling is the great unifier of beers, loved by beer snobs and beer noobs alike.

Illinois either :(

Its a real shame

We have it in Florida. Sucks to be you, enjoy living in a low tier state.

How many interesting news articles read "Illinois man" on it? Not as many as "Florida man". Maybe someday you can move back and be cool enough to be Florida man, yourself. Until then, enjoy your ONE shitty NFL franchise, we have THREE baby!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Deschutes Brewery's Freshly Squeezed IPA is top notch.  I finally was able to try it over the weekend.

Definitely a solid IPA you can get practically anywhere in the PNW.

Just so much other GREAT stuff out here that I hardly drink it. 

Went out to De Garde this weekend. Still bummed they are ending Bu production for the time being. 

The Purple

The Truffle (This was INSANE)

Crab

The Kriek

Autre Grand Rouge

Super Ultramega Hyperforce (Jester King)

Got 2 of all of these to go. 

Framiscus

Roseberry

The Duo

The Nord

Kriek Premiere 

• Upvote (+1) 1

the new Tree House brewery is so much closer to me than the original one. so now i have Tree House 60min west of me & Trillium 30min north of me. living the dream, sippin on a freshest of fresh Haze

also, a few days ago a friend happened to be in the right place, at the right time, because a liquor store right down the street was just putting out their cellared bottles of 2014 Vanilla Rye BCBS & 2012 Coffee BCBS while he was there. he called me & i got there just in time to snatch up the last Vanilla Rye, literally moments before another guy showed up looking to grab the same. told him to eat a bag of dicks, flashed a west side, & dipped.