Scalzo

The Good Beer Thread

Was lucky enough to sample some Treehouse goodies. Julius, Haze, Alter-Ego, and Green.

I didn't have full glasses of any, so it was tough to reach any real conclusions; but God damn those are some tasty beers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another big Iowa hall-

8x Sue

4x Some other TG PA lol I can't remember

4x Surly Abrasive

4x Surly Overrated

8x Various TG Bombers (Pompeii, Sosus, Thresher, Hopsmack?)

8x Sixpoint Puff

6x Sixpoint Resin

6x Sixpoint Bengali

4x Deschutes The Dissident (2x 2015, 2x 2016)

1x 2015 Bourbon County (no 2016 lol)

And a Growler of OJ IPA from 515 in Des Moines. 

I've got some pictures to post from the last few months, I'll try to get to them before the new year. Just the highlights.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would just like to reiterate my displeasure that Yuengling isn't sold in Michigan (or anywhere that I've found). 

it felt like V-E day when when they finally made it available in Ohio. I live like 20 min from the PA border so for a long time we had to go on a trek just to get it. now that we've for a few years i feel like the novelty is gone and now it's just another beer. It's still my go to when i'm looking for cheap beer though

• Upvote (+1) 1

There's something to appreciate in an "everywhere" beer. Yuengling is definitely it. 

yep. it's twice as good as any beer in the same price range. I used to go to this dive bar by my dad's house that had it on tap for $1.50. those were some of the best nights of my drinking life

I would just like to reiterate my displeasure that Yuengling isn't sold in Michigan (or anywhere that I've found).

Illinois either :(

Its a real shame

Another big Iowa hall-

8x Sue

4x Some other TG PA lol I can't remember

4x Surly Abrasive

4x Surly Overrated

8x Various TG Bombers (Pompeii, Sosus, Thresher, Hopsmack?)

8x Sixpoint Puff

6x Sixpoint Resin

6x Sixpoint Bengali

4x Deschutes The Dissident (2x 2015, 2x 2016)

1x 2015 Bourbon County (no 2016 lol)

And a Growler of OJ IPA from 515 in Des Moines.

I've got some pictures to post from the last few months, I'll try to get to them before the new year. Just the highlights.

did you go through Ames at all? or do you ever.

did you go through Ames at all? or do you ever.

My grandparents live in Cedar Falls, so we drive north through Des Moines, and then past Ames. Never really stopped there.

My grandparents live in Cedar Falls, so we drive north through Des Moines, and then past Ames. Never really stopped there.

You could have drank with him

Wouldnt buy them. Just drink Tilquin and 3f. better value

Abyss just dropped, our store got Scotch and Brandy editions. 21.99 tho

Don't buy Cascade? But Bruery is good right? I at least want to try a few of their beers, although I know the heavy hitters won't make it out here.

Haven't been able to find 3F in forever it seems like. 

I saw a local store had the Abyss variants but I hadn't been out yet, I'm not sure they're worth it. 

I wouldnt waste my money on any Cascade. Same with bruery. I dont like their sours. But hey dont listen to me. 

1. Can anyone recommend me a good stout that's widely available? 

2. Has anyone outside of Michigan ever had the chance to try any of Kuhnhenn's brews? Wanna see how far their beers have reached. 

widely available as in available in every state or just sold at most stores? sam smith's oatmeal stout is my favorite. I've seen it sold outside craft beer places a handful of times

widely available as in available in every state or just sold at most stores? sam smith's oatmeal stout is my favorite. I've seen it sold outside craft beer places a handful of times

I would say just anything that I could reasonably expect to find somewhere in my state or in the U.S. in general, at a bar or a craft beer store or what have you. 

I've had Sam Smith's, good stuff. I've been trying to find something to knock Tailgate Peanut Butter Stout off the top rung for me. 

I would say just anything that I could reasonably expect to find somewhere in my state or in the U.S. in general, at a bar or a craft beer store or what have you. 

I've had Sam Smith's, good stuff. I've been trying to find something to knock Tailgate Peanut Butter Stout off the top rung for me. 

haven't tried that one yet. I've been on an IPA kick the last two years so I haven't really tried any new stouts recently. is the peanut butter flavor strong? I've never been a fan of those 'unusual' ingredient beers

haven't tried that one yet. I've been on an IPA kick the last two years so I haven't really tried any new stouts recently. is the peanut butter flavor strong? I've never been a fan of those 'unusual' ingredient beers

I don't think I'd call it "strong", I think it's perfect. It's hard to find though, the brewery in Nashville where I tried it ran out of it pretty quick and consistently never had it stocked after that. 

I don't think I'd call it "strong", I think it's perfect. It's hard to find though, the brewery in Nashville where I tried it ran out of it pretty quick and consistently never had it stocked after that. 

sounds interesting. i've got a couple really good craft beer places around me so I'll keep an eye out

2. Has anyone outside of Michigan ever had the chance to try any of Kuhnhenn's brews? Wanna see how far their beers have reached. 

1. Not really sure-  Founders Breakfast Stout, Ten Fidy, Bourbon County!, Victory At Sea (Imperial Porter)... @@bman, what else?

2. Kuhnhenn makes some of my favorite brews, their Double Rice IPA, or DRIPA is the stuff dreams are made of. 

Love Bourbon Barrel Barleywine

They make great mead as well.

Please go to the summer and winter solstice parties for me

If you live out there check out Schramms meadery

• Upvote (+1) 1

unusual ingredient = adjuncts

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Not really sure-  Founders Breakfast Stout, Ten Fidy, Bourbon County!, Victory At Sea (Imperial Porter)... @@bman, what else?

2. Kuhnhenn makes some of my favorite brews, their Double Rice IPA, or DRIPA is the stuff dreams are made of. 

Love Bourbon Barrel Barleywine

They make great mead as well.

Please go to the summer and winter solstice parties for me

If you live out there check out Schramms meadery

Founder's Breakfast is a goodin'. I'll have to look out for the others. 

Glad to see that Kuhnhenn is appreciated. I live right near their new brewery. They make bomb-ass food there, too.