Scalzo

The Good Beer Thread

Grimm Super Symmetry is forreal. Grimm is forreal.

i still have two bottles of Tilquin squared that i am holding onto for you if you still want them. just really broke right now because school + car accident, so i'm just gonna hold onto them until i can afford to set up a right proper trade box @@Scalzo

Sorry to hear about the accident. That really sucks dick.

I dont mean to pile on the bad news but i forgot i had given my last Sour In The Rye with Peaches to a buddy.... the worst

I have lots of other good beers to send your way. Id love a bottle or two of squared but if you want to get into them dont hold off on my account. I know how that goes.

That beer is drinking really fucking good at the moment

got no problem holding onto them bruv; already had the other two all to myself. i'm more interested in getting some beers i can't get otherwise all while spreading the tilquin love.

hopefully Trillium's new brewery & retail spot in Canton (so so so close to me & way more convenient than their hell spot in Boston) will be complete by the summer, so i can throw some trillydilly into the mix. updates point to some solid progress, so fingers crossed

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@gporter

"As was said there is no shortage of ABC's in the area. Knightly Spirits (One on Orange Blossom Trail) has the best overall selection but if it isn't a beer person going to look through the shelf and know what stuff is I would send her to Total Wine. There are 2 (1 on E Colonial Dr. and the other by the Mall at Millenia). They are both about equal distance from the airport. They will have the biggest selection of shelf stuff from those breweries and it will be much more organized and easier for her to go in and grab you things. If she happens to be a wine person she will also be in heaven."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't grab the grapefruit, just the regular. But it's up there on a list with a few others of beers I could drink every day forever. 

I mean, its as good as 95% of other IPAs I've had, but it's just so tasty and easy to drink. If I could buy it in 30 pack cans for like $30, I would.

Speaking of which, I recently found 2 Hearted in 12pk/12oz. Talk about a weekend pack.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Mark. WHAT TOWN DO YOU LIVE IN.

I will give you a list of things you need. And things that should be relativley easy and accessible

BUT DONT WASTE MY TIME. I NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS

Mark. WHAT TOWN DO YOU LIVE IN.

I will give you a list of things you need. And things that should be relativley easy and accessible

BUT DONT WASTE MY TIME. I NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE SERIOUS

I live in Quincy, Scumchusetts

I dont think Trillium has a taproom, so you cant drink there. but go and pick up some beer, bring it back and drink and blaze it with your homies. 

Post in here the day or two before you go and Ill let you know what beers to get 

They dont sell in stores.

Just fucking listen to what i told you.... go to trillium. Buy a bottle or two. Its 20 minutes away or less.

What kind of beers do you like?

They dont sell in stores.

Just fucking listen to what i told you.... go to trillium. Buy a bottle or two. Its 20 minutes away or less.

What kind of beers do you like?

I find myself drinking Sams a lot. I like Oktoberfest and the Winter Lager. I like Narangansett and Blue Moon too.

I had to work during the day but I got my brother to pick me up a couple of bottles of BCBS. Sad compared to previous years, especially with the new bottle format. 

*Sigh*

Really inopportune time for the grand opening; i totally would have gone (some guy i know through the beerweb is gonna be there) if it wasn't finals week. too swamped w/ work to have made the trip, even though i was home earlier today. going to get there over winter break though, that's for sure. & i know i'll be there a bunch over the summer (it is now closer to me than Jack's Abby).

unfortunately they don't have the Apricot Stonington at that location ;_; hopefully they do eventually though, it sounds killer

We racked Stonington, our New England Wild Saison, onto apricots to age for 2 months and allowed for a further 3 month conditioning in the bottle. Stonington was made with 100% Valley Malt grains and aged in oak barrels from Grand Ten distilling. The fermentation is carried out by our native New England mixed culture, collected from grape skins at Saltwater Farm vineyard in Stonington, CT where JC & Esther Tetreault were married. Bright aromas of white wine, apricot and hay lead to flavors of earth and apricot on the palate. Biscuity malt character, moderate acidity and a finishing spice from the oak. 

ABV: 7.5%

MALT: Valley Pilsner, Valley Danko Rye, Valley Oat, Valley Wheat, Valley Triticale

HOPS: US Goldings