• 2x BR, DMR, Carbine, LR (30s)
  • 4x Frags, Plasmas, Pulse (30s)

Screenshots:

iFxBIrpOntXwy.jpg

ibn4TqHfYn7BNB.jpg

iKjoyO5BtXHLJ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Love this map! Top 5 for forsure!

This and Epsilon Balance Sprint out so good with the spacious simple areas, makes Halo 4 play like a True Halo game.

We need more maps like this so people can't sprint around the map like road runner making the gameplay unorganized.

I love how i can call someone out on this map and they will still be in that area for my team mate to clean up!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Lucifer. Stronghold v1 may only be active for a few days. I may implement more structural cover inside the main bases to provide spawning players a little more safety from ring 2 window.

Thanks Lucifer. Stronghold v1 may only be active for a few days. I may implement more structural cover inside the main bases to provide spawning players a little more safety from ring 2 window.

Sounds good, not to much though :p i think ring 2 should still have some dominance over the bases, it keeps the map flow consistent.

Sounds good, not to much though :P i think ring 2 should still have some dominance over the bases, it keeps the map flow consistent.

Ring 2 will keep its dominance over the bases. I may end up just hiding the spawn points away inside the base instead of towards the back of it. No structural additions. Ring two should be able to predict players spawning in the base, but shouldn't be able to actually see spawns occur too often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good job on the map. I really like the layout. ^_^

Thanks man. If there is anything you don't like about the map let me know. I'm one of those forgers that loves getting told how terrible my maps are - as long as you provide a good argument, I'm interested in all criticism and feedback.

Expect a v2 within a few days. I need to put a close quarters weapon in those tunnels under sniper. If I were to put something there, what should I put? Shotgun, AR, Storm Rifle, Suppressor?

Thanks man. If there is anything you don't like about the map let me know. I'm one of those forgers that loves getting told how terrible my maps are - as long as you provide a good argument, I'm interested in all criticism and feedback.

Expect a v2 within a few days. I need to put a close quarters weapon in those tunnels under sniper. If I were to put something there, what should I put? Shotgun, AR, Storm Rifle, Suppressor?

Shotgun with no or one spare clip on 90sec respawn traditionally placed would be nice for a change. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotgun with no or one spare clip on 90sec respawn traditionally placed would be nice for a change. :)

I agree with this, the shotgun is always consistent.

Whatever you do though, don't put the scattershot on the map. Too inconsistent.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Changes:

• Map verticality decreased. All three middle structures have been lowered by .4 units. This change doesn't sound like much but it improves sightlines and combat significantly. 
  • Snipers moved to the trees.
  • Shotguns added into each shotty tunnel.
  • Pulse grenades added to each hut.
  • Lift arc improved
  • Rock ramps in green/gold tower replaced with Ramp XLs + rock trim.
  • Increased cover and offensive capability of the bases with the inclusion of lips that can be used for cover, acrobatics, peak shots and head glitches.
  • Spawning system refined and improved. Anti respawn zones placed over the most vulnerable tree spawns + many other spawning adjustments and spawn placements.

I played with a lot of people on Stronghold tonight and a lot of people enjoyed it :D

I Like This Map

• Upvote (+1) 1

I played with a lot of people on Stronghold tonight and a lot of people enjoyed it :D

Awesome man. I've decided I hate that new middle structure. The jump up is convenient but that hesitation when picking up rockets to move through the opening kills it. I may just go back to the first center piece that Hahka and I placed and make it look a little better. Remove the jump up, keep the lifts.

Stronghold v2

I decided to completely scrap that centerpiece from the gameplay video and replace it with a rock. Bottom mid is now far less cramped and feels 100% better. 

[media=650x500]

[/media]