CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

That trailer was sick but I thought they were going to be showing actual gameplay?

I would expect gameplay at E3

Which keeps the hype train moving. 

I'll be honest. Not impressed.

No campaign, no four-player splitscreen, no Clone Wars (at least until they charge us another $30 for it), mentions of loadouts in articles, no mentions of galactic conquest, no space battles.

Battlefront II came out almost a decade ago and it's a more complete game.

No campaign, no four-player splitscreen, no Clone Wars (at least until they charge us another $30 for it), mentions of loadouts in articles, no mentions of galactic conquest, no space battles.

There is split-screen, it's 2 player, just like SWBF2. There was never a 4 player split-screen.

I wish they would have the old generations back, but I understand where they stand. They are focusing it near and around the new movie, and to expand on the Star Wars universe.

There was always loadouts of a sense in the past games (had to choose which faction you wanted [soldier, engineer, heavy, sniper, etc.]). However if they add in loadouts per faction (adding in weapon attachments, perks, etc.) then I'm apposed to that 100%

It was the first trailer. GC will be back in multiplayer for sure. That is the most played gametype, there is no way DICE/EA will leave that out. Wait until E3 when they show more gameplay.

I'm disappointed in this BUT they didn't say they wouldn't be in the game ever. It's possible in the future they will add it in, as they said there were a lot of planned ideas. But we shall see. 

It's still early and we don't know what surprises they have in store for us in the upcoming months. I'm hoping they announce a beta at E3 as well. As for now we should be happy that this game is even happening. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hope that they say no campaign because they don't consider Galactic Conquest to be a traditional campaign, but they plan on putting it in(But I'm probably wrong :( )

There is split-screen, it's 2 player, just like SWBF2. There was never a 4 player split-screen.

I wish they would have the old generations back, but I understand where they stand. They are focusing it near and around the new movie, and to expand on the Star Wars universe.

There was always loadouts of a sense in the past games (had to choose which faction you wanted [soldier, engineer, heavy, sniper, etc.]). However if they add in loadouts per faction (adding in weapon attachments, perks, etc.) then I'm apposed to that 100%

It was the first trailer. GC will be back in multiplayer for sure. That is the most played gametype, there is no way DICE/EA will leave that out. Wait until E3 when they show more gameplay.

I'm disappointed in this BUT they didn't say they wouldn't be in the game ever. It's possible in the future they will add it in, as they said there were a lot of planned ideas. But we shall see. 

It's still early and we don't know what surprises they have in store for us in the upcoming months. I'm hoping they announce a beta at E3 as well. As for now we should be happy that this game is even happening.

I don't know what you are talking about but Battlefront 2 DID have 4 player split screen.

I don't know what you are talking about but Battlefront 2 DID have 4 player split screen.

It actually varied on the console you played. Xbox was 4. PS2 was 2. Let's not turn this into a debate on how many players split screen this game needs. We've had enough of that in the Halo forum

Dude what better time can there then a STAR WARS convention, just 24 hrs after a new TFA teaser release. No e3 hype could ever get close what I feel now..

Nothing to disagree on the last part!

That piece of footage is just amazing...

I'm not going to or will be watching a Star Wars convention tho... lol

It was just a small trailer so it didn't take anyting away from E3 really. I'm sure they will be focusing on game play at E3.

WHere is this info coming from?

No campaign? No Clonewars?

It's 2015, when are you going to be playing 4 player split-screen?

I really am disappointed by this, the game is looking to have less features and content than Battlefront 2 and I'm definitely not liking how they're already planning for DLC. 

My friends and I have been playing 4 player BFII at least once a month, every month, for the past three+ years. I promise you, it's there.

The lack of clone wars is bad, and you should feel bad for even trying to defend it.

No, there are both classes and loadouts for those classes this time around.

They've given out plenty of gametype info already, the lack of GC mentions should worry you.

Ah yes, more paid DLC.

WHere is this info coming from?

No campaign? No Clonewars?

It's 2015, when are you going to be playing 4 player split-screen?

No campaign and clone wars have both been confirmed by the devs, there's twitter posts on this page.

At least once a month with my friends. We get takeout and play SWBF 4-player Campaign/Galactic Conquest/Instant Action for a night. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit:

From the german magazin gamestar:

* 4 planets (Tatooine, Sullust, Hoth and Endor)

* Setting is Episode 4-6

* no conquest mode

* no space fights

* no classes (you can choose equipment, but thers a weight limit)

* there can be one "boss" on each side e.g a sith or jedi (confirmed are Boba Fett and Darth Vader)

* no solo campaign, instead there are battlefront missions

* only 20vs20 player fight...

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-wars-battlefront/news/star_wars_battlefront,44657,3084981.html

So basically, graphics and a small increase in player count aside, this game is worse in every way than BFI and BFII. Fucking EA. Fucking DICE.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My friends and I have been playing 4 player BFII at least once a month, every month, for the past three+ years. I promise you, it's there.

The lack of clone wars is bad, and you should feel bad for even trying to defend it.

No, there are both classes and loadouts for those classes this time around.

They've given out plenty of gametype info already, the lack of GC mentions should worry you.

Ah yes, more paid DLC.

No campaign and clone wars have both been confirmed by the devs, there's twitter posts on this page.

At least once a month with my friends. We get takeout and play SWBF 4-player Campaign/Galactic Conquest/Instant Action for a night. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit:

From the german magazin gamestar:

* 4 planets (Tatooine, Sullust, Hoth and Endor)

* Setting is Episode 4-6

* no conquest mode

* no space fights

* no classes (you can choose equipment, but thers a weight limit)

* there can be one "boss" on each side e.g a sith or jedi (confirmed are Boba Fett and Darth Vader)

* no solo campaign, instead there are battlefront missions

* only 20vs20 player fight...

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-wars-battlefront/news/star_wars_battlefront,44657,3084981.html

So basically, graphics aside, this game is worse in every way than BFI and BFII. Fucking EA. Fucking DICE.

Yeah this is pretty disappointing to hear. I'm not that excited anymore lol

What's disappointing the most is the game is still gonna sell extremely well and this trend of limited experiences for a $70 price tag will only conitnue to get worse and worse.

I guess there's that one group of people who will play split-screen, but the only time i really play 4 player games if i'm at my buddies and we're playing Smash. Even then we prefer 1v1s.

It actually varied on the console you played. Xbox was 4. PS2 was 2. Let's not turn this into a debate on how many players split screen this game needs. We've had enough of that in the Halo forum

Seems you are right. I have always been an Xbox player so I remembered it as 4 players.

And why can't we turn this into a debate? Many people love split screen and our voices need to be heard by the developers so that we can get it in.

There's really only a handful of shooters that I don't care about how competitive they are. This is definitely one of the few though, so EA/DICE please don't skimp out on all the features

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems you are right. I have always been an Xbox player so I remembered it as 4 players.

And why can't we turn this into a debate? Many people love split screen and our voices need to be heard by the developers so that we can get it in.

Many people? Their may be plenty of people who play split-screen still, but it's probably a minority. And how the industry is today, minority doesn't get a whole lot.

There's really only a handful of shooters that I don't care about how competitive they are. This is definitely one of the few though, so EA/DICE please don't skimp out on all the features

For real tho