CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

So we know that there are going to be "16 maps and new locations". I'm going to assume that there are 4 new locations with 4 maps each. Since we know that it's going to be the OT only, here is what I would like

• Cloud City
  • Jabba's Hut
  • Inside the Death Star
  • Dagobah (even though there wasn't a fight here, it would be fun nonetheless)

As for the "4 new heroes"

• Chewbacca
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Obi-Wan
  • Tarkin

I know we've gotten enough Tatooine but I would love a Mos Eisley map. I feel like for sure we will see Bespin and Yavin IV. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we know that there are going to be "16 maps and new locations". I'm going to assume that there are 4 new locations with 4 maps each. Since we know that it's going to be the OT only, here is what I would like

• Cloud City
  • Jabba's Hut
  • Inside the Death Star

• Chewbacca
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Obi-Wan
  • Tarkin

3 more rebels but just one (useless?) imperial? maybe we're getting imperial guard or some other bounty hunters?

as for the maps, I don't see them doing locations that cannot be used for Walker Assault (seeing how much they advertised that mode) so another Tatooine and Deathstar seem unlikely to me, Yavin and Dagobah should work and maybe even Baspin (if they do some urban Walker Assault).

Has Dice talked about when the last DLC will be released? I could see them doing Rogue One themed DLC next winter if they support the game long enough, it's not exactly OT but at least it is during the same era...

Rogue One would offer some interesting settings I'd guess (and Sullust was not in the OT either..)

Set pictures leak:  1 2 (possible spoiler?!)

• Cloud City
  • Jabba's Hut
  • Inside the Death Star

• Chewbacca
  • Lando Calrissian
  • Obi-Wan
  • Tarkin

Tarkin? 

"Fire when ready" 

BOOOMM good by map and the whole damn planet HAhahahahahahahah.

Instead of Nuuuukkeeee nukkkeeeee nuuuukeee its gonna be DEATH STAAAAAAARRRRRR

Looks like we'll finally get some info on the January Update, and possible DLC 1, tomorrow:

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://www.polygon.com/2016/1/26/10832784/star-wars-battlefront-dlc-details

85f6042e-9920-4e51-bc2b-a5b351dcff1d.0.0

Free Content Updates:

• The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
  • New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
  • We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
  • The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
  • And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.

The next free update, which will hit in February, will add a new survival mission on Hoth, a new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. The game will also expand the Turning Point game mode for play on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.

March adds another multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.

Season Pass Details

• Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine.
  • Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.
  • Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) - That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
  • Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 - Title TBA (Early 2017) - We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Patchnotes for the January update

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the January update.

Additional Content/Functionality:
  • Multiplayer modes added to the Tatooine Survival map. (Blast, Droid Run, Hero Hunt, Heroes vs Villains, Drop Zone)
  • Hoth Luke Skywalker skin added
  • Hoth Han Solo skin added
  • Private match functionality added
  • Daily challenges added

Setting for actively choosing server site added

Weapon and Star Card changes:

• EE-3 Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 4 per shot
  • SE-14C Explosive shot damage decreased from 10 to 5 per shot
  • Homing Shot lock on time increased from 0.4 to 1.5
  • Homing Shot lock on distance decreased by 10 meters
  • Homing Shot projectile speed decreased slightly (30 -> 23)
  • RTC-97 overheat value is increased
  • Bowcaster replenish time tweaked (Normal 18 -> 25 and Upgrade 15 -> 20)
  • Flash Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 20 and Upgrade 12 -> 15)
  • ION Torpedo replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
  • Thermal Detonator replenish time tweaked (Normal 15 -> 20 and Upgrade 10 -> 15)
  • Impact Grenade replenish time tweaked (Normal 16 -> 25 and Upgrade 12 -> 20)
  • Explosive Shot active time tweaked (Normal 7 -> 5 and Upgrade 10 -> 7)
  • Scan Ping recharge time tweaked (Normal 8 -> 10 and Upgrade 5 -> 8)
  • Cycler Rifle bullet dropoff reduced
  • Cycler Rifle damage increased from 90 to 100 at close range (10 meters)
  • DL-44 overheat tweaked and fire rate changed from 250 to 180.
  • Bounty Hunter trait card Level 2 reward percentage lowered from 100% to 85%
  • Bowcaster explosion damage lowered from 50 to 15 per shot
  • ION Torpedo lock on range decreased from 600 to 500 meters
  • Smart Rocket lock on range changed from 1000 to 500 meters
  • RTC-97 spread is increased when firing for a longer period
  • Scan Ping tweaked to have 50% shorter spotting time

Vehicle Changes:

• Starfighters pickups have a 20 second respawn delay
  • T-47 Airspeeder pickups have a 10 second respawn delay
  • Millennium Falcon and Slave I health decreased by 30%

Game Mode Changes:

• Removed a turbolaser on Sullust which could be used for spawn killing
  • Turbolaser respawn time has been increased with 15 seconds
  • New friend zones and additional spawn points for Supremacy maps
  • New friend zones and additional spawn points for Walker Assault maps
  • New friend zones and additional spawn points for Turning Point on Jakku
  • Bugfix for crashing instantly when spawning in a vehicle on Jakku
  • Fighter Squadron hero vehicle pickups have more randomized timing
  • Fixed a Heroes vs Villains bug where players could use their cards in pre-round that got corrected by server
  • Updated spawn management between big and small game modes

New game mode minimum player count thresholds:

- Walker Assault 20
- Supremacy 20
- Dropzone 4
- Blast 4
- Cargo 4
- Fighter Squadron 4
- Hero Hunt 4
- Droid Run 4
- Heroes Vs Villains 4
- Turning Point 20

Hero Changes:

• Han Solo weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 70 to 30 between 10 and 25 meters)
  • Boba Fett weapon damage over distance is lowered. (Damage goes from 30 to 20 between 30 and 60 meters)
  • Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion radius decreased from 4 to 3, maxiumum damage tweaked from 1 to 0.8 meters
  • Boba Fett missile doesn't lock on anymore
  • Boba Fett wristlauncher explosion damage slightly increased in damage to compensate for the removing of tracking

Bug Fixes:

• Stun inducing attacks now properly trigger stun animation loop
  • Fixing an issue where melee'ing at nothing completly stopped your movement
  • After the transition from the AT-AT the user screen could remain black, this is now fixed
  • Several instances of rocks that players could get stuck on have been fixed
  • Speederbike - Inconsistence between the range when you see the prompt button and when you could actually use the vehicle
  • Jakku - Invisible collision located on the landed rebel transport ship
  • Users with the most kills will now not be prevented from get the Trophy / Achievement ”Playing the objective” in Blast
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Pack 4 still TBA? I'm almost 100% it will feature some Rgue One locations, mark my words!

I hope for some new free weapons within the next months, wouldn't know which to add but still.

about those patch notes, I thought they might rebalance TIE-Fighter/Interceptor. X/A-Wing feel vastly more powerfull and I really don't see any advantages for the imperial's in Fighter Squadron?!

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Cloud City (TRUE)
  • Jabba's Hut (TRUE)
  • Inside the Death Star (TRUE)

Eyem so smrt

Pack 4 still TBA? I'm almost 100% it will feature some Rgue One locations, mark my words!

I hope for some new free weapons within the next months, wouldn't know which to add but still.

It does make sense since Rogue One is taking place during the OT. So EA saying OT only would still technically be true. Here's to hoping!

It does make sense since Rogue One is taking place during the OT. So EA saying OT only would still technically be true. Here's to hoping!

Reading this again I'm hoping they go all out. WOuld love to see B-Wings(which techinically are a thing before Rogue One according to Star Wars Rebels) and another TIE Variant. EVen an overhaul of Fighter Squadron or see them add the mode from the Battlefront 2.

not BF related interesting for SW shooter fans non the less:
possible SW:Imperial Commando Leak

• Release will be November 2017.
  • It will be released for Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo NX and PC.
  • No surprise: The engine will be FrostBite. SW:IC will use FrostBite 4.
  • Main focus will be on the campaign, but it will have an multiplayer. CoD like (small maps, fast paced, etc)
  • The biggest feature: Coop! SW:IC will deliver the best experience when played by 4 players!
  • Each player has unique gadgets and features. The leader (RC-1138) can give orders to the others.
  • The HUD and the helmet-view will even be more important than in Republic Commando.
  • There will be vehicles, only in some few parts of the game (Halo-like).
  • Environment will mostly be destructible and take effect on the world (Shoot some glass in space= everything will get soaked out)
  • Since its mostly an storydriven game, it will have a f*ckin huge campaign and a lot of planets of the universe (+20hours).
  • There will be an app, that can be used as second screen (like the fallout 4 pippoy) for gadgets/weapons/radar.....
  • No infos on DLC, sorry.

not BF related interesting for SW shooter fans non the less:

possible SW:Imperial Commando Leak

Yeah this sounds way too fan-perfect to me to be true. I do think they're making Imperial Commando, but I think these facts are false. I'm sure he's part of the team but from what I've seen in corporate structure, developers are on a need-to-know basis and this guy literally knows everything. It's fishy.

Yeah this sounds way too fan-perfect to me to be true. I do think they're making Imperial Commando, but I think these facts are false. I'm sure he's part of the team but from what I've seen in corporate structure, developers are on a need-to-know basis and this guy literally knows everything. It's fishy.

yup, I wouldn't put to much trust in any details or he said about the 20hrs campaign either but I wouldn't be surprised if EA is actually working on a SW:RC sequel with a small scale, CoD like MP, sounds way too mainstream not to be true :ghost:

I was interested to see what people would do tournament wise since we now have Private Matches and so far these community ran r/StarWarsBattlefront tournaments are showing you what not to do.

This Xbox One Cargo tournament is just a mess.

• In order to score a 'win' and advance, a team must win the best 3 out of 4.
  • If the score is tied 2-2 after two full maps (both factions played by your team on each map), then the team to win the next game wins, another game as the other faction on the same map will not be played.

They play the same map twice so each team can play as both factions, which servers no purpose in gametypes like Cargo since neither faction has an advantage. In this situation they are the equivalent to Red and Blue in Halo.

Just hurts my head

I was interested to see what people would do tournament wise since we now have Private Matches and so far these community ran r/StarWarsBattlefront tournaments are showing you what not to do.

This Xbox One Cargo tournament is just a mess.

They play the same map twice so each team can play as both factions, which servers no purpose in gametypes like Cargo since neither faction has an advantage. In this situation they are the equivalent to Red and Blue in Halo.

Just hurts my head

Battlefront, like Battlefield, is not made for tournaments, no matter the player cap. They tried out tournaments in the first few months of Battlefield 3 and it was just silly. Battlefront is even more accessible than Battlefield 3/4, so I don't see why people are putting their effort in organizing something that nearly everyone will consider a joke. I've managed Halo reddit tournaments before, it's a shit ton of work and takes up your entire weekend. Power to these guys but I think they're giving Battlefront a little too much credit.

February Update is now live!

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/30729/star-wars-battlefront-february-update-ps4-pc-x1

Additional Content/Functionality
  • General: Jakku DLC Content is being patched into the game, downloading it separately via platform storefronts is no longer required and can be deleted from your hard drives
  • New Map: Twilight on Hoth added to Walker Assault, Supremacy, Turning Point, Blast, Fighter Squadron, Drop Zone, and Heroes vs. Villains
  • New Mission: Survival in the Ice Caves added to Survival Missions
  • Turning Point: Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, Outpost Beta, and SoroSuub Centroplex maps added to the playlist
  • Attract Mode: GNK Droid added - GONK!
  • Settings: Turning off music in the Sound menu now turns off music everywhere in the game
  • Settings: Added a Film Grain setting slider in the Video menu
  • Credits: Updated Game Credits list

Weapon and Star Card Changes
  • Primary Weapons: Damage against air vehicles increased by 10%
  • Bowcaster: Explosion damage increased from 10 to 15 per projectile and explosion radius decreased from 3 to 2.5m
  • Bowcaster: Full charge direct hit from 20 to 40 per projectile and a normal direct hit increased from 20 to 30 per projectile
  • Barrage: Damage increased from 50 to 55
  • Barrage: Cooldown reduced from 40 to 35s (normal) and from 35 to 30s (upgraded)
  • Barrage: First volley of grenades no longer disappear if the user uses the Refresh Power-up and then fires a second volley
  • Homing Shot: Lock time decreased from 1.5 to 1.2s
  • Homing Shot: Players in the AT-GAR turret now receive on-screen notification when locked on
  • ION Torpedo: Speed increased from 350 to 380m/s and turning angle increased from 120 to 125 in order to more easily hit air vehicles
  • Pulse Rifle: Movement speed while aiming decreased by 30%
  • Tusken Cycler Rifle: Movement speed while aiming increased by 40%
  • Tusken Cycler Rifle: Bullet speed increased from 300 to 450m/s
  • Orbital Strike: Fixed bug where it sometimes would not trigger on button press

Vehicle changes
  • A-Wing: Increased hit box size
  • A-Wing: Now properly takes damage when colliding with an AT-ST while having the Shield active
  • Slave I: Players can now see the Shield icon on Rebel vehicles when a Shield is active
  • AT-ST: T-47 Airspeeder kills with a missle while firing the primary cannons at the same time now properly awards a kill (previously registered as a suicide)
  • AT-AT: Fixed bug where the Orbital Strike ability would sometimes not have the aiming reticle move
  • T-47 Airspeeder: Players will no longer receive an out of bounds message on Graveyard of Giants during Turning Point when a control point is captured

Multiplayer Game Mode Changes
  • General: Pre-Round timer lowered from 30s to 20s
  • Walker Assault: Fixed Power-up spawns on SoroSuub Centroplex
  • Walker Assault: AT-AT health increased by 18% on Outpost Beta, 8% on Jundland Wastes, 20% on Forest of Endor, 4% on SoroSuub Centroplex, and 5% on Graveyard of Giants
  • Walker Assault: Spawning as an Imperial Hero after the AT-ATs just pass the second set of uplinks no longer despawns one of the AT-ATs
  • Walker Assault: The second AT-AT no longer bumps into the wreckage of the other on SoroSuub Centroplex when the first AT-AT is destroyed during the first Uplink
  • Droid Run: Correct Objective Notification is now displayed to all players if someone is killed while trying to claim the Droid
  • Droid Run: Improved spawn zones on Dune Sea Exchange
  • Supremacy: Fixed Power-up spawns on Jundland Wastes, Forest of Endor, and SoroSuub Centroplex
  • Supremacy: Improved spawn zones on Jundland Wastes, Outpost Beta, and Forest of Endor
  • Heroes vs. Villains: Planted turrets on Dune Sea Exchange will now disappear in-between rounds
  • Hero Hunt: Improved spawn zones on Ice Caves
  • Fighter Squadron: Players are now protected while spawning on Graveyard of Giants

Mission Changes
  • General: Both players will now properly see Charge Card pick-ups if Player One is using a 3rd Star Card Hand without a Charge Card
  • General: Player 2's changes to control settings no longer update Player 1's controls when playing Split-Screen
  • Battle: Fixed AI Spawn issues on Tatooine
  • Survival: Wave 10 on Sullust will now always spawn if the player / co-op team dies and restarts the round or if a player picks up a Collectible during the Wave 9 transition
  • Survival: Partner spawns on Sullust will no longer fail if the currently alive player is in a confined area
  • Survival: Co-Op players can now unlock the "Complete on Hard Difficulty without spending a life" if one player dies and then waits until the other player completes the wave so they get a free respawn

Hero changes
  • General: Heroes no longer get stuck in a stunned animation state
  • Princess Leia: Endor outfit updated - Congrats on completing the Lead the Rebellion challenge!
  • Princess Leia: Trooper Bane now only knocks back primary target, not nearby enemies
  • Luke Skywalker: Increased Saber Rush's damage against other Heroes from 2% to 6-8%
  • Luke Skywalker: Lightsaber swing hit radius is reduced from 0.3 to 0.25m
  • Han Solo: Zooming in no longer sometimes displays a gun scope
  • Emperor Palpatine's Shocktroopers: Modified primary weapon damage to match Leia's Honor Guards' primary weapon damage over time

Misc. Bug fixes
  • General: Lighting, textures, audio, user interface, text, and collision fixes
  • Controls: Legacy control schemes have had their layouts more clearly defined
  • Colorblind: Enemy players highlighted with Scan Pulse now have the correct Deuteranopia or Protanopia settings on Graveyard of Giants and Goazan Badlands
  • PC only: Fixed a bug where a player would lose functionality with an Xbox 360 controller after inviting a player to a Private Match and then starting the game
  • PC only: Air vehicle sensitivity lowered from 0.9 to 0.45 for easier mouse control
  • Achievements / Trophies: Updated text on "Impressive. Most Impressive." and "Survivor" to clarify the requirements
  • Achievements / Trophies: "Playing the Objective" now properly awarded

Next month's update will consist of a new Endor Map for Walker Assualt, Turning Point, and Supremacy, and a new Survival map on Tatooine:

Z1TWOo1.jpg?1

YLoLp4r.jpg?1

We also have concept art for the Outer Rim expansion:

rendition1.img.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1