CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

boba fett is so good. so far i've had a 60-1 and a 48-0 game with that dude. picked him up early in the match both times and just went off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like the game isnt complete...that being said, I like this game(what I played so far)...a lot.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What should have been in at launch: 

• Battle of Jakku DLC should have been in the base game
  • Space map for Fighter Squadron in the style of Battlefront 2
  • Tie Bomber and B-Wing playable
  • Chewbacca and I guess another Bounty Hunter for heroes?
  • The Battle Missions should have seen the return of classic Conquest with more smarter bots instead of this poor Kill Confirmed meets Survival mode
  • Tutorial missions should have been expanded on (longer, a tad bit more difficult, more story driven)
  • Expand on custom options. Would be nice to have the Battlefront 1 dark trooper or pilots to choose from.

I don't like content being cut for DLC, but I don't see a problem with this. It's 100% free and it's obviously being held back for hype reasons to be closer to the movie. It wouldn't surprise me if this was Disney's idea.

Returning the game. I hate the fact that have to have an account to play an EA game when I already have an account on Xbox or PS4. And not only that, the email that is associated with my EA account no longer exists. There's no way to change it. Fuck EA.

I don't like content being cut for DLC, but I don't see a problem with this. It's 100% free and it's obviously being held back for hype reasons to be closer to the movie. It wouldn't surprise me if this was Disney's idea.

I would be mad if Jakku had a pay wall but its free so I'll let it slide.

• The Battle Missions should have seen the return of classic Conquest with more smarter bots instead of this poor Kill Confirmed meets Survival mode
  • Tutorial missions should have been expanded on (longer, a tad bit more difficult, more story driven)

These would have made the game amazing to me. Still really fun. Heroes vs Villains is easily my favorite mode so far

In case anyone gets hyped up after seeing the movie

The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Double Score Weekend is active between December 18, 1:00 AM PT and December 21, 1:00 AM PT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone been paying attention to DICE's balance changes? Some of them are just flat out lazy. Removing the homing trait from Boba's wrist rocket, taking away the third phase AT-AT on WA Hoth, fixing A-Wing hitboxes but not doing shit about the shields being OP...

Made this post on GAF earlier and felt like I should share it here. Kind of copied myself from a post ITT but I tried to expand myself:

It's fun for a couple of hours. Worth more fun this past weekend with double exp but still can be easily bored. I feel like gunplay is inconsistent(shot hitting and such). I understand I have to lead my shots but even in really close quarters it still feels very inconsistent which makes it frustrating to continue to play.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the dodge roll or a focus on classes and not custom loadouts. 

Vehicle gameplay is really solid though. After grinding fight squadron this weekend I would not mind at all if DICE made a new Rogue Squadron game. People might say it's simplistic but sometimes simplicity is great but it just didn't work out well for on ground gameplay. 

In terms of content I made a short list that would have been nice to see at launch:
  • Space map for Fighter Squadron in the style of Battlefront 2
  • Tie Bomber and B-Wing playable
  • Tutorial missions should have been expanded on (longer, a tad bit more difficult, more story driven, even connected)
  • Expand on custom options. Would be nice to have the Battlefront 1 dark trooper, pilots(both Empire and Rebels), and even officers to choose from.
  • Increase Missions co-op from 2 players to 4 and make the length of Survival dependent on difficulty.

The more I have been thinking about it you could have done a pretty decent Galactic Conquest remake under missions. Start the invasion of each planet with a fighter squadron game and if you win you go into either Walker Assault or Turning Point depending on who's attacking. Then potentially end in something like Blast.

It just leaves me wanting more. Here's to hoping Visceral's untitled Star War project is a hit

Made this post on GAF earlier and felt like I should share it here. Kind of copied myself from a post ITT but I tried to expand myself:

It just leaves me wanting more. Here's to hoping Visceral's untitled Star War project is a hit

I agree with everything else besides the vehicles. They're not good and they need be reworked from the ground up for the sequel. I'm a level 40 and I'm still not bored of the game. Does it severely lack in content? Of course, but it's still 110% a Star Wars game and that makes it fun enough for me to keep playing. A galactic conquest would be nice, but by far, the number one issue is the lack of planets. It doesn't matter if they split Hoth into multiple maps, people still get bored of the setting all the same. If they spent more time on different planets/setting than figuring out how to make the same aesthetics into three different maps, this game would have a lot more replayability.

As for Visceral's game, Jade Raymond is working on it and with the rumors, there's no doubt it's going to be an open-world of some sorts. I hope it's good too but EA is guaranteed to put their watermark of bullshit on it somehow.

I'm actually curious what problems people have with the vehicles. Are they too easy to control? Is the gunplay too easy? Only problem I have are the shields the rebel ships get.

I'm actually curious what problems people have with the vehicles. Are they too easy to control? Is the gunplay too easy? Only problem I have are the shields the rebel ships get.

No yaw, pitch, and turns are wide and slow. A-Wings are OP with their shields. The lock-on is too strong and with the limited options of maneuvering, the dogfights are stupid easy. Everything about it is low-effort, which is fine if it was only in a PvE mode. Though if they want to have PvP flying, they need to at least put the minimum amount of effort into it and add basic maneuvering capabilities.

Has Dice talked about further DLC plans yet?

Nah, and at this point, don't expect any news until a week or two after New Years. I'm hoping for a Starkiller Base or Death Star map.

Edit: Well fuck...

Nah, and at this point, don't expect any news until a week or two after New Years. I'm hoping for a Starkiller Base or Death Star map.

Edit: Well fuck...

shame, I was hoping for a Maz Katanas forrest/Castle map...