CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

EA Access trial is up now

Just got home from work. Going to give it a try now!

Some "stats" for the final game after playing it for a couple of hours last night:

• 12 maps across 4 planets
  • 9 MP Modes
  • 5 Tutorial Missions
  • 4 Battle Missions
  • 4 Hero Battle Missions
  • 4 Survival Missions
  • 11 Weapons
  • 13 Star Cards
  • 5 Traits
  • 9 Power Ups
  • 10 Vehicles
  • 6 Heroes/Villains
  • A lot of character customization
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'm quite pleased as to what the final game has to offer. It's quite enjoyable. 

@@RyanW

Are those "Battle Missions" comparable to normal matches against AI in SWBF 1/2? Conquest or Walker Assault?

And do Conquest and Walker Assault use the same maps on each planet?

@@RyanW

Are those "Battle Missions" comparable to normal matches against AI in SWBF 1/2? Conquest or Walker Assault?

And do Conquest and Walker Assault use the same maps on each planet?

1.) Kind of. There's about 7 or 8 bots on each side and as the game goes stronger troops spawn in. They drop coins when they that you have to pick up to score. It's pretty much Kill Confirmed from CoD.

2.) They share the same maps but what I've noticed at least on Hoth so far is that another Hangar is open and a rebel transport ship is part of the map when playing Conquest so the map is actually bigger than it is on Walker Assault. Depending on the gametype you choose the maps will actually be different like the extra stuff, night/day, weather, etc.

Does this game have Splitscreen and a mode similar to Mos Eisley Assault where you can play as strictly Jedi and Sith? If it does I might buy it.

Does this game have Splitscreen and a mode similar to Mos Eisley Assault where you can play as strictly Jedi and Sith? If it does I might buy it.

No and no unfortunately.

There are only 6 total heroes/villains (3 for Rebels, 3 for Empire).

It has split screen for Missions, which is you and a friend vs. AI OR you vs. your friend. Matches are populated by AI from both factions. 

Traditional multiplayer cannot be played split screen. You will not be able to take your amigos online with you.

edit: jesus. i get a little moist every time i hear one of the in-game Boba quotes. he's easily my favorite hero so far. imo it goes boba>han>luke>vader>palpatine/leia. my ten hour trial is up but i'm definitely gonna try more leia and palpatine in supremacy/walker assault. i only really used them in hero battle.

New details on the Season Pass

• 4 epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy including:
  • Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
  • 4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
  • 16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
  • 4 exciting new game modes
  • Two-week early access to each expansion pack
  • Exclusive “Shoot First” emote

They include a number for everything besides the new planets. That's concerning...

Well they said 16 new maps.

If they stick with 2 maps per a planet thats 8 planets. I will certainly give dice credit, they do give you a lot of content for these expansions.  

They include a number for everything besides the new planets. That's concerning...

It does say new locations so I would assume that means planets, although I wouldn't mind a Mos Eisley map

Well they said 16 new maps.

If they stick with 2 maps per a planet thats 8 planets. I will certainly give dice credit, they do give you a lot of content for these expansions.  

It does say new locations so I would assume that means planets, although I wouldn't mind a Mos Eisley map

It's just concerning that they gave a number to everything besides the new locations (I'm assuming planets) is all. Whether that's a bad thing or nothing at all, it's worth noting.

I'm excited fro this game but I wont be buying the season pass until IM SURE I actually enjoy playing the game... $110+ for JUST A GAME( no collectors thing or anything) is a little bit touchy.

Edit : As it is with all DICE games, I did buy the BF3 Premium and BF4 Premium but  Hardline could suck it.

Here's a breakdown of the maps in every playlist:

Walker Assault - 4:
Forest Moon of Endor
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Complex (Sullust)
Jundland Wastes (Tattooine)

Supremacy - 4:
Forest Moon of Endor
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Centroplex (Sullust)

Cargo - 4:
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)
Imperial Hangar (Sullust)

Hero Hunt - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)
Dune Sea Exchange (Tattooine)

Heros vs Villains - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)

Fighter Squadron - 4:
Outpost Beta (Hoth)
Sorosub Centroplex (Sullust)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
NOTE: All four are naturally in the sky.

Blast - 9:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
Rebel Depot (Tattooine)
Imperial Station (Endor)

Droid Run - 6:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)

Drop Zone - 6:
Ice Caves (Hoth)
Jawa Refuge (Tattooine)
Swamp Crash Site (Endor)
Sulfur Fields (Sullust)
Rebel Base (Hoth)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Debating on buying this or just waiting for a sale. Everyone I come across says it's shallow and lacking in content, and it certainly seems that way.

I feel like the majority of this DLC is going to be from The Force Awakens. Half of it's probably finished, but they didn't/couldn't release it before the launch of the movie. 

• Upvote (+1) 1