CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

I still Battlefront 2 online from time to time. Can't wait for Battlefront 3 to come out!

Need some actual gameplay already. My hype is at an incredible level.

Hopefully there will be some at GDC in March.

I have a Battlefront 2 Steam key.. Anyone want it? It's kinda brutal on lower end PCs so keep that in mind.

I hope kill times aren't like Battlefield.

I agree in a way. If they can keep the same gun physics like in the first two games then I see no issues. But with it being over seven years since the last game, and with the huge advancement in technology, there could be a problem. Especially as it is Dice working on it. But we shall see. I'm really hoping that they announce a beta at E3, PAX, etc. :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've got what is likely bad news. The studio that works on Battlelog has confirmed that they will be making a Battlelog system for Battlefront. Although this doesn't confirm custom loadouts, it definitely maked it seem even more likely that Battlefront will have a grindy unlock system like the recent Battlefields IMO.

Source is in here http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2v8u0k/starwars_battlefront_will_have_its_own_battlelog/

• Upvote (+1) 1

With how DLC is now and the game coming out before the movies. It makes sense that there's going to be DLC for Episode 7 

BUT at least 3 maps? Naw. There should be one or 2 DLC only. Either one DLC package that has all new maps and new campiaign for 20 buck via download. Or a 2 DLC pack. One DLC package with all the new maps for $15 and another DLC package with the new campaign for $15. 

Those mutha fuckas

There better be a ton of maps pre DLC. I think because it's a Star Wars game they can't be as cheap because they're not just dealing with a new game, but they're dealing with mother fuckin' STAR WARS. So i unno. Knowing EA they could be cheap fucks, but i have a feeling we'll still get a ton of value from The Trilogy and the Clone Wars. 

I have a Battlefront 2 Steam key.. Anyone want it? It's kinda brutal on lower end PCs so keep that in mind.

Dude if you still have the key and still want to give it away... :bman:

I was hoping for 64v64 online matches like BF4 and BFH but no biggie. 

"Space to land battles are absolutely happening, but will only be available in certain game modes."

Get Hype!

Roll on E3. Fingers crossed they announce a beta there

It's DICE. There will be a "beta", but it will just be a glorified demo a month before launch.

32v32 Star Wars action..... OMG

This game has soo much potential

I too hope those rumors are true

Better read again ;)

The scale of the multiplayer is going to be absolutely massive with up 64 players participating on each side.

So shouldn't that mean 64 v 64? B)

Better read again ;)

So shouldn't that mean 64 v 64? B)

The article was updated:

Clarification Update: The source contacted me to let me know they simply meant the prequel era Republic when they said “Old Republic.” They did not mean the story from 3000 years before A New Hope. They also said online matches are 64 players, 32 on each side.

32 v 32 is perfect to be honest. Hoping that means that there can be 32 actual players PLUS AI in matches on each team. Certain exemptions would be fine such as smaller maps, custom games, etc. But on large maps and space battles there should be 32 actual players plus x amount (possibly up to 32) of AI, making it 64 v 64, that would make more interesting in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldn't mind the idea of AI, but i don't know if DICE can pull it off. Yeah i'm sure they can throw AI in it, but will it be balanced?