CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

Just a reminder, if anyone is willing to stay up EA is having their Gamescom briefing at 1 AM Pacific time. We will get to see a gameplay trailer of the Fighter Squadron gamemode

One thing that's stopping me from getting too hype is the kill times. They're way too fast. Battlefront 2 kill times and keeping the roll would've been hype

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not gonna lie. I'm kinda hype that there's a CoD mode.

Would rather play Star Wars: Call of Battlefield than Battlefield or CoD. Just because it's Star Wars and if there's a Star Wars version, it's probably better

Rogue Squadron is the only flying simulator (or whatever the genre is called) that I liked. Usually not down with flYing only games. Star Fox and stuff I was never down

What COD mode are you talking about? The death match mode(blast)?

Kill times are fine for the type of experience they are trying to give.

What COD mode are you talking about? The death match mode(blast)?

Kill times are fine for the type of experience they are trying to give.

Yeah the death match mode.

But it's not the experience I want. Too many shooters where kill times are too fast and a bullseye isn't necessary.

It would make the game that much better if it kept the BF2 kill times and roll is all. Not alot of shooters I know have that kind of thing. Would've kept it more unique

Yeah the death match mode.

But it's not the experience I want. Too many shooters where kill times are too fast and a bullseye isn't necessary.

It would make the game that much better if it kept the BF2 kill times and roll is all. Not alot of shooters I know have that kind of thing. Would've kept it more unique

What would've been cool(I don't remember if BF2 had this) is if they kept the roll, but added 2 types of rolls. One roll you can roll side to side quickly having a limit of only 2 rolls depending on how much energy you still have. And 1 big roll that woukd take up over 50 percent of your energy.

Supremacy centers on five control points scattered across the map. The objective is gaining control of all five, or the majority of them, before the 10 minute round is over. Each team starts the match controlling two of these control points, initially fighting for control of the fifth one in the center. After this is determined, the control points need to be claimed in a set order. This means the action will be taking place on two control points at a time – one for each team.

My hype for this has gone :( I think its because they've made it too easy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That goes for most games today.

I'd be fine with everything they've done to the game if they left kill times longer and rolling in.

I wonder if they include Ep. XII models (first order stormtrooper, etc) into that game with the new BoJ DLC...did they ever mention something like that?

That goes for most games today.

I'd be fine with everything they've done to the game if they left kill times longer and rolling in.

Yeah me too. It all just looks way too noob friendly at the moment.

My hype for this has gone 5%20premium%20sad.png I think its because they've made it too easy.

Yeah me too. It all just looks way too noob friendly at the moment.

I was expecting a noobish game since Battlefront has always been like that way and I was fine with that, but yeah, they're really pushing the limits on how easy they can make an FPS.

I'm only making this judgement by the limited amount of gameplay we've seen though, so hopefully I'm wrong.

I was expecting a noobish game since Battlefront has always been like that way and I was fine with that, but yeah, they're really pushing the limits on how easy they can make an FPS.

I'm only making this judgement by the limited amount of gameplay we've seen though, so hopefully I'm wrong.

Given the tendencies of the past few Battlefields, there will probably be an open beta slightly before launch. I'll try to use that to make a judgement for the game, but with the lack of content compared to the originals and all of the gimmicks, I'll probably have to pass.

Given the tendencies of the past few Battlefields, there will probably be an open beta slightly before launch. I'll try to use that to make a judgement for the game, but with the lack of content compared to the originals and all of the gimmicks, I'll probably have to pass.

There was a closed Alpha, but it doesn't look like they're doing a Beta. They would have announced it by now to help sell pre-orders. You will be able to play it early for 10 hours if you have EA Access though.

No matter how easy the game is though, I'll be buying it since the main appeal of Battlefront has always been to relive the popular Star Wars battles, not to have a competitive experience. I'm too much of a Star Wars fan to pass this one up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

All I want is to be able to walk around Echo Base and have a Wampa jump out and rip my arms off. 

I know it's an alpha but I hope Dice makes some serious balancing changes to Walker Assault, all I'm seeing from the gameplay is the Rebels winning over and over again.

Easy to kill? It doesn't look that easy. Besides, Dice is kinda going for realism.

Easy to kill? It doesn't look that easy. Besides, Dice is kinda going for realism.

The casuals on the consoles will get their auto-aim. Sucks if they make it too easy. No ADS is interesting though, that should add skill gap.

PC should definitely be harder though.

The casuals on the consoles will get their auto-aim. Sucks if they make it too easy. No ADS is interesting though, that should add skill gap.

PC should definitely be harder though.

I see what you're saying. Did Battlefront 1 and 2 not have auto-aim? (I legitimately don't remember) No ADS is nice. I'm assuming Dice opted for no ADS because you can't really do ADS with 3rd person views.

PC will be harder for those of us who don't only play PC. haha

I see what you're saying. Did Battlefront 1 and 2 not have auto-aim? (I legitimately don't remember) No ADS is nice. I'm assuming Dice opted for no ADS because you can't really do ADS with 3rd person views.

PC will be harder for those of us who don't only play PC. haha

Battlefront 1 & 2 console had lots of auto aim because of the slow projectiles weapons. On PC its still hard as fuck to shoot strafing targets on both battlefront 1 & 2 because there is no auto aim what so ever.

The new reboot definitely uses faster projectiles but they are still pretty slow but kill times seem slightly faster in the new battlefront.

Not sure about your experience on PC but definitely don't underestimate the lack of auto-aim in games that use slow projectiles.