CyReN

Star Wars: Battlefront Discussion

I'm sure we'll get space arenas in a DLC package. There might be more to making those space maps than we understand. Seems they wanted to focus on designing maps for the environments they already have.

What's that game mode in BF4/3 where you just fly around? I enjoyed that, and those were all earthbound

Sounds fun, but if they've created "canyons big enough to be truly epic", why didn't they just put those resources into creating a space battle? Dumb decision making on DICE's part.

There really wasn't much to space maps in term of map design other than having a couple of ships. Seems like they chose to keep them in planets as a design decision to be able to interact with the environment and use it to your advantage. They can probably do that in space by moving carriers, asteroids, etc and they'll probably do that in the future, but this seems like the smarter thing to do first. It has more potential.

Twitter

They should finaly come clean with all this ADS/noADS-stuff

Is it in or not?!

Phew! For a second there I actually thought the game would play differently than every fucking shooter released since 2007. Thankfully that's not the case.

/s

There really wasn't much to space maps in term of map design other than having a couple of ships. Seems like they chose to keep them in planets as a design decision to be able to interact with the environment and use it to your advantage. They can probably do that in space by moving carriers, asteroids, etc and they'll probably do that in the future, but this seems like the smarter thing to do first. It has more potential.

Yeah, but they would have dodge a shit ton of bad PR if they included them in space instead. 

Dice better not fuck this up

Dice makes some amazing games, their only issue is the absurd amount of bugs/glitches that are released into the games :(

I'd be much more skeptical of someone other than DICE making it. I think we're in good hands.

I'd be much more skeptical of someone other than DICE making it. I think we're in good hands.

If EA wasn't involved, I'd be about 10x more confident in this game. As it is, I'm not impressed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In an ideal world, I think Bungie would have been the best developer for Star Wars: Battlefront. They know how to make a solid shooter and we won't have to worry about it being a competitive game since that's not Battlefront's style.

After Destiny, I find that statement preposterous lol

The problems with Destiny is that Bungie was over ambitious and they fell flat on their face. If they make a traditional shooter without all the MMO shit, I think they can pull it off better than anyone else. Besides, the gunplay in Destiny is still superb.

Yeah Bungie making Battlefront would probably be a train wreck. Don't just look at Destiny but what they did with Reach and even h3.

Yeah Bungie making Battlefront would probably be a train wreck. Don't just look at Destiny but what they did with Reach and even h3.

Polish wise/mechanically Bungie is unquestionably the best console FPS dev and has been for quite some time. Disagreeing with their decisions and directions is one thing but they've executed what they planned near flawlessly post H2. 

Their menus, frame rates, lack of crashes compared to other devs, UI etc are all disgustingly perfect compared to their competition and people somehow forget/take it for granted 

The main problms with Reach & Halo 3 were related to competitive play, something Bungie wouldn't have to worry about in the Battlefront series.

Besides, the gunplay in Destiny is still superb.

True that. The PvP is the main reason I kept the game as long as I did

Polish wise/mechanically Bungie is unquestionably the best console FPS dev and has been for quite some time. Disagreeing with their decisions and directions is one thing but they've executed what they planned near flawlessly post H2.

Their menus, frame rates, lack of crashes compared to other devs, UI etc are all disgustingly perfect compared to their competition and people somehow forget/take it for granted

This post should be smacked on the front of every Halo and Destiny thread. You don't realize how much of a perfectionist Bungie is until you look at other games. All their launches go down flawless, theyre masters of UI and stability, and their art style is unmatched in the entire gaming industry. If they just had a few competitive heads in there they'd be the perfect developer.

And it's really hard to say what happened with Destiny, but I think Eagle is more or less on the right path. Pre launch everything they told us made me think Destiny was going to be the messiah of gaming, I think something happened internally too late in the game that forced them to cut as much as they could into a working barebones experience.