Sign in to follow this  
anttible

2009 Mixamp onlinechat doesn't work on XB1, any solutions?

So I have the oldest mixamp possible and gamesound (through optical cable) works perfectly fine on Xbox One. I've also LAN'd MCC couple of times and gamechat (connecting mixamps to eachother via AUX or daisy chain) works also like a charm. However online chat for Xbox One doesn't work at all. In fact when I connect mixamp to the XB1 mic adapter this high-pitched noise starts and ends only when I unplug mic-cable from either mixamp or from mic adapter.

I have also newer Mixamp and there's no problem chatting online with that thing. I also tried online chatting via X360 with this old mixamp and it worked fine. So the problem is exclusively on Xbox One.

I wonder if any of you know if it's something fixable or is it that the two systems just don't work together. I can't update the old mixamp since PC doesn't even recognize it as audio device or Astro MixAmp so yeah, it's pretty oldschool :D

I'm also pretty new to these forums and I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to post this (Halo Gen Discussion) so if I'm at the wrong place someone could please correct that! :)

ce96a6a6_mixamp.jpg

I have the same Mixamp and I've had no issues with chat on XB1. You don't need to update it or anything.

Assuming you have the proper setup (2.5-to-2.5mm cable going from Mixamp to the small 2.5-to-3.5mm cable that comes with the headset adapter, to the headset adapter itself), it sounds like your Mixamp isn't the problem. You could try using a new 2.5mm cable, or changing some audio settings on your XB1. I have mine set to bistream out and Dolby Digital.

I have the same Mixamp and I've had no issues with chat on XB1. You don't need to update it or anything.

Assuming you have the proper setup (2.5-to-2.5mm cable going from Mixamp to the small 2.5-to-3.5mm cable that comes with the headset adapter, to the headset adapter itself), it sounds like your Mixamp isn't the problem. You could try using a new 2.5mm cable, or changing some audio settings on your XB1. I have mine set to bistream out and Dolby Digital.

Yeah my Xbox settings are correct and just tried it with another XB1 controller and another XB1 Mic Adapter and it didn't work. So I'm pretty confident the problem is either in the mixamp or in the astro mic-cable like you guessed. Unfortunately they have ran out of mic cables on astrogaming's UK website so I have to wait to get the results :( The fact that it works for you gives me hope though!

For reference I lost the 2.5mm chat cable that came with my Mixamp a while ago and now I just use one that came with a Turtle Beach headset. Any 2.5mm-to-2.5mm cable should work just fine, you could probably find one on Amazon or somewhere else.

I had the same thing I made the first sound option 7.1 and the second bit stream out, updated controller hard reset the console (hold power till it's off wait 10 secs turn back on) and it worked fine for me since also the little cable that goes into the adapter can be weird so plug it in and out a few times worked for me. Got the gen 2 Astros now and no problems. Hope it works out for you

I bought myself a pair of Gen 2 Astro A40s as well for Cyber Monday off Amazon.  My MixAmp is similar but I think a little bit newer than yours is (same setup though) and I bought a pair of A30s back in the day.  Was just looking for an upgrade to 40s.  Well I get similar things as you. Very high pitched noises, crackling, and worst of all, no one can hear me.  I ordered another pair and sent the others back.  Still nothing and this time the right cup has no sound.

I will be sticking to my A30s that actually work.