Sign in to follow this  
Squeak

Biggest Disappointment of 2014

Post what your biggest disappointment was this year for gaming. Mine would have to be Destiny mainly because I was expecting more of a story for a game that was made by Bungie. Watch_Dogs might be up there too. 

Gaming has been a let down overall this year. Hopefully 2015 is a better year. Praying for Battlefront 3!

My top three would be:

1.) The MCC.

2.) Destiny.

3.) Ryse - Son of Rome.

All for reasons that have been stated previously.

The MCC was a great buy, no doubt. It was great replaying the original campaigns and what not - although bugs plagued just about everything in the damned collection - it killed it for me. When it came to Destiny, I was also expecting a rather enticing story from Bungie, but meh. The game play is still fantastically enjoyable, rather than how repetitive the game can get. And for Ryse, I was really looking forward to it because I've always enjoyed learning of Rome - but the game provided me with some of the most repetitive style of game play I have ever encountered before in a game. It was kind of annoying. Campaign was good doe.

MCC. Completely unplayable for a long time, and still does not feature what they promised before launch. On the other hand, Destiny's story was lacklustre, but overall its a good game, and it did deserve winning Best Online Experience of the year.

1. MCC

2. Destiny

The only 2 games i bought.

Well i bought Evil Within last week great game so far such  good story reminds me of Amnesia and RE4,5 really worth buying guys :)

Gaming has been a let down overall this year. Hopefully 2015 is a better year. Praying for Battlefront 3!

They decided not to call it Battlefront 3 for a reason. I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

MCC because Halo still isn't on Steam yet.  ;)

They decided not to call it Battlefront 3 for a reason. I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

Either way. If it has the feel and looks of Battlefront 3. I will be happy!

MCC obviously.  They still don't even have dedicated servers working.  

Actually they do. They said in the most recent update on their forums that Dedicaded Servers are working, but not completely. What happens is is when you jopin a match, everyones network attempts to connect to the dedicated server hosting the game if you are playing multiplayer. If one or more people cannot, it automatically reverts to Peer hosted servers. That sucks, yeah, but its better than nothing. I, for one, have been getting tons of great matches in CE, H2C and Halo 3.

Not sure...Storywise Destiny, but gameplay wise I dont know. MCC isn't the worse for me because it works far better now than it originally did, and I am deeply enjoying multiplayer at every opportunity, as well as the campaigns and what not. Destiny has terrific gun play. Bungie absolutely nailed that (I love the multiplayer and I am decent at it), but their story telling in the game, while ambitious, is nothing compared to Halo, but more is coming :).

Gameplay wise, still not sure. I only bought like two or three games this year, so I cannot say anything about that topic.

I wasn't disappointed in terms of buying a game and finding out it sucked because i didn't do any pre-orders or actually buy any of these games, but with that said

Destiny was probably the biggest disappointment. Even though they avoided using the words MMO, but they made it sounds like it was going to be an open world MMO/RPG/FPS. It was mostly just an RPG FPS, not open world and not an MMO. It was pretty much Borderlands and Halo mixed together. 

Titanfall gets a shout out although i didn't expect that game to be any good. I figured it was going to suck, but there was a lot hype behind it and it ended up disappointing a lot of people.

Make sense. Different developers making the game. Battlefront 1 and 2 aren't balanced games anyways. They're fun, but the A.I are too involved with the game which adds randomness to it.

I'm confident EA's Battlefront is going to be better than Lucas Arts'. With that said i still keep the idea of Battlefront sucking. But even if it was a straight copy and paste version of Battlefield, i don't see why it would take away the enjoyment of being able to play as a Storm Trooper on the battlefield.

I find it hard to see it being a bad time unless it was completely changed and turned into CoD or something completely different.

Destiny, MCC, and probably H5 are my top three. On a more positive note, Smash 4 is incredibly fun.

MCC, destiny close second.

MCC would have been awesome if it was functional on all points

Destiny was functional but has so many things wrong with it, without the graphics and solid core gameplay its complete rubbish.

1. MCC

2. Destiny

3. Titanfall

Not only was 2014 was the year that I turned 21, but it was a year that I seemed to have notice a lot of things going in not only gaming, but the U.S. along with the rest of the world being all sorts of fucked up. You might as well forget that 2014 even happened, because there was little to nothing down to write down for the history books. Fuck 2014.

MCC

Destiny is 2nd because I saw that disappointment months before launch by watching gameplay and reading on how PvP was going to work. I saw the quality of that game coming from a mile away, so I wasn't that shocked. As for MCC, 343 did a good job on hiding everything wrong in that game and fuck them for that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC not working

Destiny being even worse than I thought (didn't think highly of it before launch)

LMAO TITANFALL

Destiny, MCC, and probably H5 are my top three. On a more positive note, Smash 4 is incredibly fun.

To me Smash 4 is the same to brawl is Halo 4 is to reach. Slightly better but still extremely eh. The best achievement of Smash 4 is it being released on the 3ds. 

I'm going to go a little different route.

As upsetting as MCC launch was, I'm still having a lot of fun with it now.

And as underwhelming as Destiny's story was, I pumped a lot of time into that game. Something about it was just addicting.

Thief was a pretty big let down for me. After reading good stories about the older games and this new one coming out and the hype for it, I was pretty bummed out by it. Only put in a few hours and gave up entirely. Nothing about it got me hooked.

Child of Light - Definitely was looking forward to this game and ended up thinking the battle system was pretty boring

Titanfall - Loved this game up until about this first DLC release. Game got old and never looked back. Don't even want to touch it anymore

Shadow of Mordor - Don't get me wrong. This is a good game, I just was expecting a lot more from the story. All of the minor supporting characters just kind of fade in and then fade out, then you go fight the final boss. After finishing the game I felt a hunger for more. The game just didn't satisfy me enough. Also Branding in the second half ruins what replay was added through the Nemesis system. After I brand the war-chiefs whats the point. 

Sonic Boom - Didn't even play this game (other than a demo build). I was hoping for something to refresh the Sonic series. This definitely was not it. I played a little demo at Pax Prime before it came out and it was even more of a mess than what was released. If you can believe that.

Titanfall/Destiny/MCC

Titanfall was a cool idea but it wore off way too quick with no dept, my post right now has a longer story than Destiny, and MCC has some serious issues at launch (and even now).

LMAO TITANFALL

The game is so terribly bland everybody forgot how bad it was. I'm shocked I forgot the game even existed. Even Halo hasn't done that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me Smash 4 is the same to brawl is Halo 4 is to reach. Slightly better but still extremely eh. The best achievement of Smash 4 is it being released on the 3ds.

Yeah, I'm mostly having fun because of the inclusion of the For Glory mode. Melee still had much better mechanics, and Sm4sh plays too similarly to Brawl. Even the menu screens are almost identical >_<

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I'm mostly having fun because of the inclusion of the For Glory mode. Melee still had much better mechanics, and Sm4sh plays too similarly to Brawl. Even the menu screens are almost identical >_<

Yeah For Glory is a great step in the right direction. Either way I see Sm4sh as a fun party game now (brawl is unbearable for me) and a way to play on handheld, but when I'm going ham with friends its always melee. 

Besides the obvious with MCC, I have to say Watch Dogs will be my disappointment. I was expecting so much from this game, but it became so boring as hell.