Sign in to follow this  
valaea

MLG Orlando 2010 ... what really happened?

Now that MLG can't close all of the topics/posts pertaining to Hysteria's Xbox freezing at the national championships in 2010 --- mods deleted something like 100 posts that mentioned all the questionable shit that happened --- maybe we can have a real discussion about this?  I'm not a conspiracy theorist but it's ridiculously suspicious that literally one second before TD were going to close out the series against Classic, Hysteria's Xbox melts down.  

the 360 was never the most reliable console.

Sure seems like the most reliable console compared to the Xbox one. :)

I'm not ever usually much of a conspiracy theorist, so I don't think this was anything planned to be honest. Extremely unfortunate, but what happened just happened.

His xbox didnt freeze at Nats 2010--09 I think?

But i really dont know what happened. Apparently he kicked his xbox but idk if Hysteria denies that claim

My 360 froze all the time. Sure it's unlucky for it to happen at that particular time but the 360 was never the most reliable console.

Yeah my 360 freezes on me all the time. Doesn't freeze enough for me to buy a new 360, but it's not a surprise when it happens.

I'm way more upset about MLG forcing them to replay the game. These kind of decisions obviously break one teams mind (in this case TD). TD was obviously gonna win and should have gotten the win.

Similar things happened in other eSports as well:

Brood War: Jaedong vs Flash, Jaedong up 2-0. They play the third game. Power outage in the entire stadium. Flash goes on to win 3-2.

Starcraft 2: Startale vs Prime Teamleague finals: Parting (best ST player) is about to beat MKP (best Prime player) disconnect into regame -> MKP wins and proceeds to rape the rest of Startale.

Whatever party was about to win the game pretty much always looses the regame as they are mentally broken.

Also 99% sure it was nationals 09.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm way more upset about MLG forcing them to replay the game. These kind of decisions obviously break one teams mind (in this case TD). TD was obviously gonna win and should have gotten the win.

Similar things happened in other eSports as well:

Brood War: Jaedong vs Flash, Jaedong up 2-0. They play the third game. Power outage in the entire stadium. Flash goes on to win 3-2.

Starcraft 2: Startale vs Prime Teamleague finals: Parting (best ST player) is about to beat MKP (best Prime player) disconnect into regame -> MKP wins and proceeds to rape the rest of Startale.

Whatever party was about to win the game pretty much always looses the regame as they are mentally broken.

Also 99% sure it was nationals 09.

Yeah that sounds about right. It was the tournament that BTH won. FB won in '10.

I don't think a full restart is always the most competitive way to handle situations like this.. if a team is going to undisputedly win like TD was, give them the win. It just takes more work to add some more clear rules and define them.

I don't think a full restart is always the most competitive way to handle situations like this.. if a team is going to undisputedly win like TD was, give them the win. It just takes more work to add some more clear rules and define them.

Did they restart the score too?  

Hearing from internal MS sources that bloom and sprint was in the next Halo, the Xbox tried to kill itself to save M$ and Bungie the trouble.

• Upvote (+1) 2