Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Compensation - ODST Campaign & Relic

Not too upset with their decision to remake Relic even though we need more maps for HCS. Hopefully this just means that they're planning on releasing a map pack with 3 maps like beaver creek, midship(use this for ffa in HCS), and a btb map like waterworks or terminal.

Frankie mentioned that it could potentially be used for HCS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144168154&postcount=14715

Frankie mentioned that it could potentially be used for HCS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144168154&postcount=14715

I played extensive amounts of Halo 2 6v6 playlist and BTB. I was around a 37 in BTB back in the day. Relic is a FUN map, that's about it and even in that sense its a matter of opinion. The map is pure offense defense, and really only supports one flag or assault. Slayer on this map is not balanced at all.. I cannot see any way we can make relic a good competitive 4 map.

• Upvote (+1) 4

While it's a nice gesture to those who look forward to it, a better form of "compensation" to me would be to fully commit a team to fix their game to make the games in the MCC feel "just the way you remembered it" or as close to that as possible.

I'll play the ODST campaign at least once, but that's not going to prevent me from getting upset when I constantly get the Halo CE anti auto-aim glitch which happened to me once every game I played last night with @@BigShow36

At least once a game. 

And like I was saying, I guarantee they were going to sell ODST as DLC until this happened. No way they just randomly decide to give us ODST of all things for free.

I think they should edit the people that get this thing for free to those who played on any of the days it has been broken. Meaning, until it is actually fixed, the days keep on coming. I just was talking to a friend last night about how they were going to buy an Xbox One. They're not going to get it for free even if they play the game next week and it's no different from how it was on the 19th. 

^^^^^

The game is still broken. What's the difference between buying it two days ago and buying it today?

• Upvote (+1) 3

lol, clearly you are unaware of all the casual maps the game shipped with. 

So very true, there are like 3 "forge specific" maps. 

The competitive community only gets 3 maps, while the casuals get 3. ALSO, not to mention he fist forged maps that get put into MM will be most likely casual. 

Its going to take a while before any competitive forged maps made by the community get put into MM. 343i should of just went with Mid-Ship, a perfect example of a competitive favorite from Halo. Also it would of been put into MM faster than the forged maps.

Every step forward we get, 343i trips us and we fall further down.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Relic? Really? I mean, it was one of the funner casual maps. But there are so many better ones they could of picked.

Well, 1 month of XBL isn't bad. I really didn't expect to see anything for compensation but maybe 1 month of xbl.

I was honestly really hoping for colossus if they remade a map for compensation.. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I played extensive amounts of Halo 2 6v6 playlist and BTB. I was around a 37 in BTB back in the day. Relic is a FUN map, that's about it and even in that sense its a matter of opinion. The map is pure offense defense, and really only supports one flag or assault. Slayer on this map is not balanced at all.. I cannot see any way we can make relic a good competitive 4 map.

Frankie don't know jack.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'd still like to see Bonnie Ross resign for this fundamental fuck up along with everything else that happened during Halo 4.

I'm honestly a little surprised she hasn't been pressured to yet. 

They probably aren't releasing a 3 DLC map pack like Midship, BC, and something else because they know we'll spend $20 later to buy those as a DLC they will end up making anyway. Because we're stupid. Giving us another map no one really cares about somewhat appeals because it's another map. That's it.

This thread is a good example of just how entitled the video games community has gotten. 343 didn't even have to give you anything to be fair, you would've still kept playing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This thread is a good example of just how entitled the video games community has gotten. 343 didn't even have to give you anything to be fair, you would've still kept playing.

How's that long red hot bar?

How's that long red hot bar?

Who cares? At least he posts what he thinks, unlike most of you guys who just jump on the bandwagon of what's the most popular opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So I just walked around a few maps in Halo 2 and timed how long it would take to get across the map. Considering we have things like Bloodline and Stonetown in the current 4v4 H2A playlist, I think Relic could fit in there.

Not saying Bloodline or Stonetown should necessarily be in 4v4, but if those are currently considered suitable then Relic should work as well. I don't know how it'll work in HCS, but Frankie said it's a possibility and something they're looking at, I personally don't think it'll make the cut though.

This compensation is ass. Valued over 20 dollars? Let's talk about what it cost microsoft for this content, not what they would overcharge the consumer. ooh $2 worth of nameplates/avatars and a month of xbl. that cost microsoft one employee salary for ~30 minutes of work. Plus a map they likely SUBTRACTED out of a future mappack they are still going to charge you fools for. oh ya and a copypasta campaign we already own.

gg 343

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo competitive players would only still keep playing because this group of players were babied from the very beginning, being babied often will make a person less likely to put work into something/be more content to wait for something to be done. 

I feel it's wrong to say entitled though, if you game a lot you might see 60 dollars as not a lot of money, when in actuality 60 dollas is tons of money. Food is ten times more important than playing games, think of how much food you can buy for 60 dollars (I like food lol)- I feel that if I'm going to be missing out on as much food 60 dollars will buy me. I want the developer of the game I'm going to buy to not be shady as shit, not release a broken game to trick fans of the older games into buying MS's console. In a better world, many people would be fired from 343 or the whole studio would be disbanded and someone else would take over the halo franchise. These people are in-fucking-competent and just have poor ideas of what makes a good game in general.

The simple fact that in the H5 beta, they chose to make it so that your teams score appears on top rather than whichever team is leading. This is probably apart of the whole "making ******s feel better" and the new game design approach of trying to make sure kids never notice when they're losing. This goes against the simplest concepts of design, if you're going to look at a score, it's to glance at it. It shouldn't take more than a millisecond to get the information you need when you look at the score. Ugh, hate this studio. 

edit; ugh not awake yet

Some may SOUND like they're entitled in their wording, but let's just take a step back here.

This is not just the worst launch of a Halo game. It is the worst launch of a triple A title, ever.

It would have been a PR nightmare if they hadn't given us any compensation. It was an absolute joke that the game got launched in the state that it did, and even 6 weeks after launch, it still isn't in a launch ready state.

Yes, they didn't have to give us anything, but they'd be incredibly stupid to not. 

I've completely stopped playing MCC because it's just not fun playing radar on with shitty teammates due to no ranking system in any playlist apart from one H2A playlist. I may be in the minority, but A LOT of people have quit until the game is up to scratch.

• Upvote (+1) 3