Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Compensation - ODST Campaign & Relic

How? People were asking for good compensation and this is A LOT better than what any one was expecting. I bet at some point they were just planning to give us a nameplate and avatar. 

I'm not saying this makes everything right, it really doesn't but damn, this is solid for me.

It's lame and just another cop out, maybe we are so used to the mediocrity of 343 that you guys think this is good, but this is complete trash. FAIR compensation would be 3 months of live, and two good remastered maps that the competitive community can play. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

This sucks. I really really wanted a cool new background for my Xbox Netflix Machine.

Seriously though, can we just get some dedicated servers please?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why would they think anyone cares about a nameplate and avatar that almost everyone is going to have?

but I also cant imagine how they thought Relic was a good idea....

• Upvote (+1) 3

People who bought the season pass for Assassins Creed Unity payed $30 for the pass. Players get to select a game Ubisoft layed out for them to choose from. 

Now what we get for playing a FULL game that we paid for that took a while to make it barely playable is: 

-Halo ODST (Valued at $12.99 on Amazon, but since its only campaign and doesn't include firefight and Halo 3 Mythic II DLC which cost $9.99 since dlc prices never go down, this game pretty much cost $4-5.)

- A exclusive in-game nameplate and avatar (wow, not really exclusive in my opinion since almost everyone is going to have it.)

- 1 month Xbox live gold (Basically refunding us the month we all wasted playing this game)

- Remake of Relic (Why not Midship, Beaver Creek. HCS has only 3 maps that get tired of looking at pretty quickly, talk about not having maps to play on. i.e Halo Reach. I assume since they gave us relic that their will be DLC for this game, which i think we shouldn't have to pay for)

Overall Return Value for AC Unity: $30

Overall Return Value for MCC: $18-19 (depending on whether you would pay $5 just for ODST campaign)

Im not mad, just disappointed in 343.

#WeBack?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Oh wow, it sure is amazing how with MCC being broken, and the Halo 5 beta is out, they somehow have the resources to give us ODST and a Relic remake? They never intended on making these right? And there aren't teams who have been working on them before MCC released right? I mean, this content was made to make things right for us, and wasn't even a thought of being DLC right?

For them to pull their resources on MCC and Halo 5 to work on this must be a HUGE blow... unless of course the maps and ODST was always a "plan" and they just decided to give it to us for free since they fucked up.

You know what's a great way to apologize for a broken game? Fix the game?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Further proof that the Halo community is never pleased. 

Ooops, that's my bad. I should be happy I'm getting things I never wanted or bought the game for. It's ok though these things make up for the constant issues I face.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Ooops, that's my bad. I should be happy I'm getting things I never wanted or bought the game for. It's ok though these things make up for the constant issues I face.

Sorry their compensation doesn't please you. 

That's about it. That's all I can say. My small talk probably isn't enough to please you. I'm sorry.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Sorry their compensation doesn't please you. 

That's about it. That's all I can say. My small talk probably isn't enough to please you. I'm sorry.

While it's a nice gesture to those who look forward to it, a better form of "compensation" to me would be to fully commit a team to fix their game to make the games in the MCC feel "just the way you remembered it" or as close to that as possible.

I'll play the ODST campaign at least once, but that's not going to prevent me from getting upset when I constantly get the Halo CE anti auto-aim glitch which happened to me once every game I played last night with @@BigShow36

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasn't the initial intention of this game was to remake Halo 2 in its entirety? I just think Relic was the next map they planned on working on or started before they changed directions with H2A

Yes they planned on making a 1 map DLC hahahaha

Bungie did this with Cold Storage though.

While it's a nice gesture to those who look forward to it, a better form of "compensation" to me would be to fully commit a team to fix their game to make the games in the MCC feel "just the way you remembered it" or as close to that as possible.

There normally are teams that are committed to maintenance after the game is released. That's just typical, in nearly all videogames in the industry. Games just aren't thrown out into the world without anyone watching over them and improving performance where it need be.

They've shown in the past few weeks they're perfectly capable and okay with working a thankless job to fix an outsourced game that had minimal time for testing and was so obviously rushed for the enjoyment of the player and all their nostalgic baggage they've got for a game long-past. More than likely, they had to meet a required end, regardless of whether the game was ready or not. The game industry truly is a labor of love, gripped by greed. There's a lot of delegation involved, especially with a body as shit as Microsoft Game Studios. 

I always feel a bit sad when a dev is required to meet a deadline, as well as for the devs that don't make a deadkube public, but are oh, so obviously restricted to one. Like what we're seeing with the MCC. Halo has had a long, long history of throwing out a game or demonstration with fingers crossed, praying it wouldn't crash or fuck up in someway unforeseen. 

I'm a bit upset the game didn't release truly with smooth sailing, yes, but considering all of the above, coupled with their effort to fully fixing the game, I'm happy, especially since the Master Chief Collection (To me) is truly worth all of this adversity. Once the game's fixed, the love will come pouring right back in and we'll all sit back and laugh angrily at how we remember when the MCC was like, totally unplayable, man. 

It's lame and just another cop out, maybe we are so used to the mediocrity of 343 that you guys think this is good, but this is complete trash. FAIR compensation would be 3 months of live, and two good remastered maps that the competitive community can play. 

Then what about the majority of the Halo population that don't play competitively? Or do you only care about yourself?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Then what about the majority of the Halo population that don't play competitively? Or do you only care about yourself?

Why not please ALL the fans. From what I gather, Midship is a popular map from the casual and competitive scene. Where as Relic is just a casual map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lol, clearly you are unaware of all the casual maps the game shipped with. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they should have done Midship, I just get the feeling they didn't since it was in Halo 5. I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Casuals would have been happy with Relic or Beaver Creek. So why not make the map that caters to both?

Not too upset with their decision to remake Relic even though we need more maps for HCS. Hopefully this just means that they're planning on releasing a map pack with 3 maps like beaver creek, midship(use this for ffa in HCS), and a btb map like waterworks or terminal.

Would be great if people who played MCC after launch until yesterday would get a discount on that map pack or perhaps even make it free. Maybe I'm being too hopeful though.  

343I does some obvious lipservice about how much of a humbling experience it is and how they'll do better (we haven't heard this before, right?), then Waypoint kids eat it up.  "See, they care!  How can you guys say they don't care about the community?!"

I'm glad we're getting compensation, but the blind devotion to 343I kind of sickens me.

Also, just to be that guy, Halo 3 ODST and Relic were probably already planned as DLC anyways.  I doubt they suddenly just decided "fans are pissed, let's remake an entire game to compensate".

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm still confused, people LIKED ODST? Well I never...

A full Reach port would have been way better. Best would have probably been 3 free H2A maps, which you know they already have or are working on releasing as DLC.

However I think ODST was more logical than Reach. If I remember correctly ODST and 3 use the same engine. So the base should already be there, right? Reach from what I remember used a completely different game engine, so probably a lot more work.