Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Compensation - ODST Campaign & Relic

Ubisoft cancelled their season pass, that's why people got a free game. Assassin's Creed: Unity fans are only getting free story DLC (which is usally $10-$15 bucks).

Let's breakdown MCC as 4 games, that's $15 a piece. So this is what we got:

Halo ODST - $15

H2A Relic DLC - $3.33

1 Month - $10

MCC Plates/Avatar - $2

--------------------------------

$30+ for FREE

Going to value ODST as $15 when it doesnt even come with firefight? It's not even the full ODST

It's a joke.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok, it's $10, the value is now down to $25.33.

And it's still a joke of a value that adds nothing to the current game. Relic is the only thing that does anything and according to you that is $3.33.

So we got a free $3.33 map pack for all the crap everyone has had to deal with

Ok, it's $10, the value is now down to $25.33.

Technically the campaign should be free as originally intended, just cos MS been screwing the halo crowd for years doesn't change this. Plus I can find that game for less than a fiver in any second hand shop and it will work perfectly. (More than likely better than the xbone version will work). Fair enough you have ten dolla for XBL and then avatars and the map. I can argue that ten dollas for xbl is useless considering I'd say most players who've stuck with this game are going to have xbox live already and that again, nobody asked for Relic. 

So, on paper it's decent but really I feel it's pretty lacklustre. 

I don't know what to tell you, a lot of Halo fans enjoy Halo: ODST and are excited to play it, along with Relic. It may not be your cup of tea but I believe most will be happy.

Yes, the launch was ass but you could have returned the game or been refunded on Xbox Live if you wanted. I think their response was good, considering the extra labor going into it now.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't know what to tell you, a lot of Halo fans enjoy Halo: ODST and are excited to play it, along with Relic. It may not be your cup of tea but I believe most will be happy.

Yes, the launch was ass but you could have returned the game or been refunded on Xbox Live if you wanted. I think their response was good, considering the extra labor going into it now.

You can't return an opened game so no I couldn't have.

Sorry it's not enough.

Just reinforces my choice not to buy Halo 5

• Upvote (+1) 1

Further proof that 343i is not catering to the competitive community. I'm ok with the ODST campaign,  but not giving us a good competitive map shows where their intentions are. 

I'm not impressed 343i 

So halo 5 is DOGSHIT and we get relic???? Is this for real? 

Man im fucking DONE, you guys have fun with this pos series. Ill be playing a real game that has kept the same formula since the beginning and offers a far far larger skill gap.

What a fucking failure, haha this is just insane now. GG 343 gg beyond.  

Anyone thats ok with this...have fun getting shit on, 30 more years!! 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

how nice of you 343 that actually is a good chunk of stuff but no thanks, I just want the Hardcore and H1 playlists with a working rank system without cheaters. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be happy for them to just fix the MCC as I have a feeling I'll be playing A LOT more after my day of playing the H5 Beta.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/tiburon_usa/status/546219175879118848

I'm just absolutely baffled by the fact that eligibility for free ODST ended TODAY. So if you did the smart thing and waited until the game got fixed before buying, get fucked. Even if you were ready to pull the trigger and were just waiting for any sign that it was fixed. Even if you would have bought MCC for ODST as soon as you heard about this offer. That's just unbelievable to me. If the deadline was the end of the month, I would understand. If it was before Christmas, I still might understand, but to have the deadline be as soon as it's announced? That's Scrooge McDuck status.

I don't care about the XBL and nameplate stuff, that's well and deserved compensation, but a port of a title is different. To release ODST only to the people who were dumb enough to believe you when you said the game would work, means that everyone else is being punished for being a smart consumer. As someone who's been waiting to play Halo for a month but holding off until it worked, this is just like a big fuck you.

Watch them release ODST as paid DLC. "We're sorry to section A of the playerbase, here's free stuff. We're sorry to section B of the playerbase as well, but you have to give us money. No you can't switch to section A." Scrooge McDuck status...

They were probably gonna sell these as DLC but have to give them away

• Upvote (+1) 6

They bring us Relic and ODST campaign. Knowing that they are running the HCS and that the map pool is extremely small they still disregard everything and go for casuals. I want a better remake. Not happy with 343 this makes matters worse.

More or less because it was the map closest to being finish that was canned from development. It makes sense that the next map would have been a BTB map. EVen though I hate BTB and would have rather had a 4v4 map. 

Further proof that 343i is not catering to the competitive community. I'm ok with the ODST campaign,  but not giving us a good competitive map shows where their intentions are. 

I'm not impressed 343i 

And again I have to post that it is more likely that Relic was the closest map to being finished that was canned for MCC. I pretty sure I read in an interveiw that they planned on making more maps but with the deadline they could only 6 or whatever. And if you look at the map pool going by map deviation, we'd need another BTB map. So that was what Certain Affinity was probably working on. Sad but yeah. 

I just don't know why you'd even start making Relic when you had Terminal or Waterworks as a BTB option. Relic was probably in my bottom 5 to ever be remade from H2. I can already imagine how awesome it'll be having a standoff from across the universe because nobody can miss with the H2A BR

• Upvote (+1) 2

What an awful compensation. Should have announced 2-4 4v4 sized maps for H2A that could be used for HCS, but instead they give us campaign only ODST which anyone can play on the 360 and Relic...

I really don't wanna sound ungrateful but I dropped money on a new Xbox One just for MCC and my experience with it since launch has been terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Midshp.Thats worth our pain.

ODST Campaign and Relic isn't worth its weight in gold compared to Firefight. 
That was one of the most fun gametypes I've ever played in a Halo game.

Like literally a survival mode in Halo!!!

I'm not talking about Halo Reach's poor excuse for Firefight either. ODST Firefight was the best.

343 seem to do everything right but theres just that one tiny detail always missing.

Thank you anyways, 343! I'm glad to see you guys are working so diligently. <3

ODST campaign was great and I loved its visuals back on the 360, can't wait to play it in 60FPS, 1080p. Relic wouldn't have been my choice for a map at all but I wasn't expecting any more maps so I'm satisfied.

I guess ODST and Relic were planned as DLC. Kinda feel bad for everyone who will get MCC at Christmas and not any form of compensation. The game has improved a ton since launch, but you don't even play on dedis 99% of the time yet and I don't think that they'll be able to fix it by Christmas.

I like the 1 month of gold since mine runs out on the 1st of January, but everything else is pretty meh to me. ODST campaign was kinda fun and I'll play it again, but I absolutely have 0 use for Relic. I never had a problem with playing on it (or you know for the most part get standbyed on it), but they run a freaking competitive league that is in serious needs of more maps. Why not release a couple competitive maps? At least give us Ivory or Middy or BC. The Avatar/Nameplate stuff also means nothing to me.

tbh I just want them to fix MCC so I can play CE + H2C on dedis with a good ranking system. If I get some free stuff in the process that's fine, but please 343 fix the game and don't just stop patching once major issues are fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ha like I would touch H2A after they released the CE playlist.

Maps for HCS would have been nice, I'll take ODST though, one more Campaign to speed run.

• Upvote (+1) 1