Moa

Halo: The Master Chief Collection Compensation - ODST Campaign & Relic

Gee, I sure hope adding more components to an extremely unstable game doesn't break anything! 

Nah but honestly this is pretty cool. I really liked ODST. Much better than an H2A map pack imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

So much for games with Master Chief in them.

The Master Chief And Nathan Fillion Collection?

So much for games with Master Chief in them.

The Master Chief And Nathan Fillion Collection?

The Master Beef Collection

So much shit in one delicious bite.

I wanted more, but expected less.

It's ok compensation, but I won't be satisfied with my purchase until Halo 1 feels a lot more like the version that came out in 2001. That means patching the map geometry, fixing the missing shaders, adding in the classic sound effects, correcting the HUD and all weapon/powerup/player spawns, removing all the new physics bugs and the hit indicator, including the classic Green Thumb control scheme, ensuring that every weapon behaves exactly as it should online and off, and fixing the netcode to be as least as smooth as Halo 2's was on launch day in 2004, along with the promised dedicated servers for the entire multiplayer suite.

Animating the particle effects at 60 FPS would also be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm extremely disappointed. They're being so fucking cheap about this whole thing. 

My immediate responses to reading the gifts we are getting...

-Free nameplate - Who gives a shit?

-Free avatar - Nobody looks at those anyway...

-Free 1 month of Xbox LIVE Gold - That leaves over a week of play time that is not accounted for, and that's assuming I wake up tomorrow and MCC is working perfectly. Not sufficient. 

-Remastered version of Relic - BTB map instead of just about any other classic H2 map that would have benefited THEIR HCS map pool. Still catering to casuals, many of whom are probably long gone by now. Oh, Certain Affinity is doing it? So you're outsourcing an apology to your beloved community? Nice... We really feel the love. 

343i is doing next to nothing themselves to give us this "Apology pack", and that's bullshit. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm satisfied witht his. ODST campaign is excellent news. Relic isn't much but at least it hasn't been done to death like every other map in H2A. But Y U NO WATERWORKS??!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The value for money in this compensation is actually a joke if you put some though into it.

Halo ODST right now on Amazon is about 12.99 but what you have to remember is that it shipped with the following

1. Halo Reach Beta

2. 4 Player Co-Op mode Firefight

3. Stand alone expansion to Halo which doesn't require original Halo 3 disk to play

4. 3 New maps Heretic,Citadel,Longshore.

The thing to take into consideration is we are only getting Campaign done ODST was a very small campaign in the first place anyway.

I'd value the campaign on it's own at maybe 5 dollars given 2014 prices

Add in 1 month XBL which is worth maybe 10$ and that's debatable considering some websites offer it for cheap and you can can find certain people on ebay selling it for ridiculously low prices or in bundles.

Relic is worth 50 cent imo.

The nameplates+Avatar are worth nothing imo.

So we are getting 16$ at best worth of content out of this and the main piece of content is Campaign.Lets be fair the ODST Campaign is only 2-4 hours long.

Now the main part of MCC that was broken was Matchmaking yet campaign players seem to be getting largely rewarded.

Does that seem like compensation to you.?

Also doesn't it seem strange that probably the quickest and easiest copy+paste map was chosen? Relic doesn't seem like the type of map which would take very long to bring out as a remake.Relic is 10x better than Stonetown and Zenith by far but wouldn't it make sense to at least remake Ivory Tower since 343i are running a competitive league? 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The most overpriced Halo game is now free? :O I will say its weird they aren't including Firefight by default, considering its almost half of the content in the game.

snip

To add to your point; ODSTs campaign was originally going to be FREE dlc before MS shoehorned in the beta package with the 3 multiplayer maps and multi disk so they could justify releasing ODST as a full game. Campaign is a joke for compensation, especially when ODSTs firefight is really the only quality feature in that game.

This is where peeps need to come together and actually start voting with their wallets, Relic is a joke of a map to remake. I lurk here and sometimes waypoint forums, I can't remember one time I saw someone post that they wanted Relic as a remake for compensation. Anyone who even quickly glanced through a few threads would see users re-posting "midship/beaver creek" for remake. This is honestly a piss take.

Lol relic is a good popular map just cuz you didnt like it doesnt mean other people didnt enjoy it. Even though i like the pick Im wondering why they didnt choose beaver creek instead to help out with hcs. We need a fourth map in that rotation asap. Honestly would have rather got a h2a map pack with like 6 maps than a campaign im probably never gonna play.

When the free things suck then does it matter?

Halo 3 ODST is a great game. And is being remastered

• Downvote (-1) 2

What were some of you expecting?

I'm suprised at all of the content to be honest, thought it was just going to be $10 back or some free XBL.

I'm suprised at all of the content to be honest, thought it was just going to be $10 back or some free XBL.

Refund of the game, stock in MS, free visit to Microsoft, a lifetime supply of Windows tablets and gadgets, a job as CEO of 343.

I was expecting a functional game when i bought this nice looking green and blue paper weight that i requested time off of work for..... but hey at least it works now, oh wait... 

+ i bought a whole entire xbox for this game so yeah that was nice too...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Halo 3 ODST is a great game. And is being remastered

Really could care less about another campaign added that does nothing to help the current state of the game.

A 1 month for XBL? Really? They give those out with games .

Assassins Creed gave away a $60 value and all we're getting back is at most a $20 value? Doesn't seem right

• Upvote (+1) 1

at least some decent MP maps. not relic

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm convinced a lot of people here love to be angry and hate everything. I thought this was an extremely good compensation and I was fucking livid about how bad MCC functions. Its a damn good value and I'd like to make some points about it:

• It's one H2A map. You really think they were planning 1 map already as DLC? Come on. They added this in as compensation.
  • ODST and Relic are going to be outsourced again. Which means 343i can continue to patch MCC.
  • 1 month of Xbox Live isn't a big deal but it does seem like an extra cherry on top.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really could care less about another campaign added that does nothing to help the current state of the game.

A 1 month for XBL? Really? They give those out with games .

Assassins Creed gave away a $60 value and all we're getting back is at most a $20 value? Doesn't seem right

Ubisoft cancelled their season pass, that's why people got a free game. Assassin's Creed: Unity fans are only getting free story DLC (which is usally $10-$15 bucks).

Let's breakdown MCC as 4 games, that's $15 a piece. So this is what we got:

Halo ODST - $15

H2A Relic DLC - $3.33

1 Month - $10

MCC Plates/Avatar - $2

--------------------------------

$30+ for FREE

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Refund of the game, stock in MS, free visit to Microsoft, a lifetime supply of Windows tablets and gadgets, a job as CEO of 343.

And last but certainly not least, for you to shut the hell up for once.