aksKyun

What's Your Biggest Problem With the Xbox One?

87 members have voted

1. 1. What's your biggest problem with the Xbox One?

• Used games?
    • Kinect?
    • Other?
    • Price?

For me personally, is the Kinect like honestly I probably won't play any Kinect games or use voice commands and I think this is the sole reason why the Xbox One is $500 without I think it probably around the same price as the PS4. But that's my opinion what are yours? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Kinect, I have no place to put it and it's creepy as hell after th whole NSA thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Biggest problem for me is the whole lending games once thing,

oh and getting banned means getting screwed out of your games. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The price is the ONLY thing that is a problem for me. Everything else doesn't affect me. I'll be able to afford it but add up the price of the console itself, a wired controller, possibly an adapter so my Astros will work, or even a new headset and the games. That's quite a lot of money who is currently unemployed. :(

• Upvote (+1) 1

The price is the ONLY thing that is a problem for me. Everything else doesn't affect me. I'll be able to afford it but add up the price of the console itself, a wired controller, possibly an adapter so my Astros will work, or even a new headset and the games. That's quite a lot of money who is currently unemployed. :(

The x1 controllers are going to be wired and wireless (you can unplug them).

Unless you want to get a razor or something similar. Than of course you would have to pay twice.

It's not out yet.

With all seriousness it's the controller port and possibly having to buy an adapter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The price and the fact that current headsets etc. won't work. The rest isn't a problem for me at all, really.

I think its the kinect, would never have a use for it and no where to put it.

Used games would bother me a little but not so much, however they have said if you do ever get banned you have lost all your game titles which would bother me a huge amount as I can see that getting abused somehow! 

Should be an option for no problems, but I'll just go ahead and put price.

The rest doesnt bother me. If the government wanted to spy on me I have the ultimate device with me at all times... my phone.

As for used games, I don't really care. I'll still be able to buy used games if the developers allow it, and I normally don't trade in my games anyways. I've seen the whole get banned = lose your games rumor floating around, but honestly, if you get banned I dont know what to tell you, I've had my account for 7+ years and havent been banned, warned or anything else.

I would say it's Microsoft's attitude towards us that 'turns me off' the most. We are customers, not just consumers - but they don't see it that way. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lack of synergy from what I want from a console and what they're pushing for. I want a nondescript box that sits down, shuts the fuck up and does what it is told;

• Kinect is something I don't have use for; it becomes essentially clutter with privacy baggage
  • I have awful internet that boarders the minimum requirements, will this affect my experience negatively?
  • 24hour check-ins and accessing the internet 'in the background' isn't something that sounds feasible on my connection and will probably lead to me disconnecting the box when not using it.
  • Similarly 24hour periods without internet can and have happened, I want the flexibility of being able to get up and go to a LAN with my friends without hassle.
  • TV as a major console feature is something I will never have use for.

All of the above contribute to an inflated cost that frankly shouldn't be there if I don't want it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably the whole used games saga. I don't mind the publishers getting a little more money from it but it just feels like a total misunderstood mess - Microsoft have handled it terribly.

Don't really care about Kinect, although of course that links directly with price - honestly though, this is something that I'm going to own for an absolute minimum of 5 years (360 was more like 8 years) so £70 or whatever it is against the hours played/years owned is pretty much nothing.

The online thing is also a pretty terrible thing for MS to do. My internet is terrible but reliably terrible now at least, it stays connected. A year or so ago however, it was constantly disconnecting and this would have been a huge problem for me.

Mainly though, no matter how bad Halo has gotten,  if I bought I PS4 I know I'd regret it when Halo 5 came out....

• Upvote (+1) 2

the misinformation regarding the x1. ps4 is currently winning. but how many previously playstation exclusive titles are now on xbox1 and ps4? that is not something to just look over. game developers are probably in love with microsoft for their used games policy. which means more and more developers are going to want to make games for xbox1. to think people were actually bitching about lack of games. if anything this console war has already shown me how truly lazy people are in regards to researching products they buy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I bought A40s a week before the Xbox One announcement and finding that I might not be able to use them on the new Xbox was kind of a kick in the balls.  Hopefully they will sell an adapter though.

Mostly the fact that it seems like it'll be difficult to run LANs with. And that's just from an entertainment standpoint.

Otherwise there are a few things that seemed questionable at first, but a few days later don't seem so bad and might actually be the way forward. It's too early to really tell just yet. The absolute biggest problem is how poor Microsoft's PR has been; from not giving us the whole story, to wording things in a way that people will negatively react to the, to not knowing all the information themselves, the whole reveal window has been really sloppy and could have been done much better with much less backlash I feel.

The x1 controllers are going to be wired and wireless (you can unplug them).

Unless you want to get a razor or something similar. Than of course you would have to pay twice.

What I mean is when I end up buying the console, will it give me an option if I want a wired or wireless controller with it? Or is it default wireless controller with the console package?

Kinect, considering i already have one and never use it...

And the online once every day thing. Also is a terrible idea.

I don´t really have a problem with the console at all. To be honest the exclusives are way better and I don´t care about allways online or the used game stuff.

Also Kinect is not really a problem because you can turn it off or let it face the wall. 

And the xbox one still has the best controller and the best online service on consoles