Snakes Solstice

Was Sprint The Real Issue In HR and H4?

it was one of them it wasn't not an issue, that's really all you can say about it writing a dissertation about sprint isn't gonna prove anything more

I still don't know why you are so closed minded though. :/ Not trying to be rude but saying sprint doesn't work and will never work is not a way to go about things. So far it looks like the maps are built around the abilities that the Spartans have and I don't think we will be able to get rid of them but altering them is always possible. The other 2 games that included sprint had MANY problems with them and that included sprint because in H4 and Reach it wasn't balanced and in Reach it was a pickup and not a core ability.

The fact that you are going into the H5 with the statement "Sprint will never work" is not a good sign. You should give everything a chance before you assume it will be bad. You can't go off videos, you can't go off hear say, you have to play the game for the amount of time we have our hands on it and make a fair assessment. I don't know how you feel about the other abilities but I think it adds a new meta to the game in my opinion

How many fucking chances does the competitive community need to give sprint before it's finally realized that it's garbage for competitive play?  Until 343 finally finds a way after decades of fucking tortue?  Get fucking real man.  

I think you lost all your credibility to make an argument at this point.  It's obvious that 1. you haven't competed in Halo tournaments back when Halo was in it's prime.  2.  That you haven't been around long enough to understand just how much bullshit compromises the competitive community has had to endure since H3.  And 3. You clearly believe that after all this time the community should just submit to whatever the developer wants so we can remain "relevant".

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many fucking chances does the competitive community need to give sprint before it's finally realized that it's garbage for competitive play?  Until 343 finally finds a way after decades of fucking tortue?  Get fucking real man.  

I think you lost all your credibility to make an argument at this point.  It's obvious that 1. you haven't competed in Halo tournaments back when Halo was in it's prime.  2.  That you haven't been around long enough to understand just how much bullshit compromises the competitive community has had to endure since H3.  And 3. You clearly believe that after all this time the community should just submit to whatever the developer wants so we can remain "relevant".

You're kidding me right? I have been playing Halo since 2004..... did I compete in the tournaments back in its prime? No unfortunately I did not and wish I did but Halo 2 was the reason I got into competitive gaming and why I watched the tournaments and loved playing the game for the pure enjoyment and competitive nature that was attached to it.

Yes I have been around long enough and I know exactly the type of bs we have gone through. I am guessing you didn't play Halo 4 day in a day out but I did to support the competitive scene that was still around at the time until AGL 10 pretty much killed what was left. I am taking a guess and saying that you did not do that but I am assuming that so please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I am not saying submit to the developer but what do you want to do? Boycott? Nothing will happen if we don't pick up this game BUT we can help them make it the best game since Halo 3 if we actually fix the issues it has. If you think removing sprint is going to happen... that is ok because that is your opinion. I am not saying that it is impossible for them to do but highly unlikly since they would have to pretty much rebuild everything that they have been working on

Sprint is the one mainly focused on because it's in the meta of the game. It can't be removed through settings and it's sad to say that. Once this big problem gets taken cared of we can easily remove the smaller yet still glaring problems.

Why sprint doesn't work.

COD - one to two shots. Bad positioning you will die no matter what. Sprint is not a factor.

Halo - four to six shots. Bad positioning and you can get away. Sprint becomes a factor.

Why sprint doesn't work.

COD - one to two shots. Bad positioning you will die no matter what. Sprint is not a factor.

Halo - four to six shots. Bad positioning and you can get away. Sprint becomes a factor.

Important reason but far from being the only reason.

I always thought Halo 2 was my favourite Halo, but the more Halo 1 I play the more I find myself enjoying it. I never played Halo 1 multiplayer much because most of my friends all jumped on Halo 2 and Halo 1 has no online play. Since MCC I've really really been enjoying it. 

wholeheartedly agree with the average kill time shouldn't equal perfect kill time. I'm all for positioning + accuracy > evasion. That's how I always liked to play Halo. You move into a good spot, some pleb is below you in the open, you should be able to kill them. No argument, nothing. You should, if you hit your shots, be able to kill them. Halo R/4 made this issue incredible frustrating when a one-shot would sprint away even when you were on high ground and they were spinning in circle looking for the needler they accidentally dropped. I hate sprint for this purpose, but it comes down to the uselessness of the Reach DMR.

Thanks for posting that, I hope Josh and Quinn have a read and rethink Halo 5's direction.

Responses like this make me happy that I sit down and write long rants about Halo. It's not nostalgia; at it's core, Halo CE is a fundamentally different game that I personally find more enjoyable. That's all I've ever tried to say, really. Now that more people are getting exposed to it, maybe there can be some inroads made into the greater public opinion on what kind of Halo is ideal for competitive play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Responses like this make me happy that I sit down and write long rants about Halo. It's not nostalgia; at it's core, Halo CE is a fundamentally different game that I personally find more enjoyable. That's all I've ever tried to say, really. Now that more people are getting exposed to it, maybe there can be some inroads made into the greater public opinion on what kind of Halo is ideal for competitive play.

That's what makes the launch of CE in MCC so disappointing. There's gonna be so many guys out there who never played it before and now think CE is garbage due to how messed up it was. Awful hit detection, countless glitches etc. That really ruined our chance at changing some people's minds because now they'll likely never go back to CE because of that one shitty experience. Such a shame.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I always loved Halo 1, but I never got to play much multiplayer. Now that I am able to it's so awesome. I am really starting to like Damnation, I learn something new about it every time I play. 

Hell, I still occasionally learn things about dammy when I watch some of the beach LAN vids - different nades or routes, even jsut places people look based on previous enemy positions. Missingno's dammy vid has a great example of spawn awareness in it. I dont even remember what he did, I just remember thinking 'wow great look.' I didnt think about the enemy forcing that particular spawn in that situation and he was 100% ready for it. Crazy.

That's whats so great about halo ce, there are countless things to learn. I could spend an hour wandering through dammy explaining everything I know about it and there are people who still know much more than I do.

You're kidding me right? I have been playing Halo since 2004..... did I compete in the tournaments back in its prime? No unfortunately I did not and wish I did but Halo 2 was the reason I got into competitive gaming and why I watched the tournaments and loved playing the game for the pure enjoyment and competitive nature that was attached to it.

Yes I have been around long enough and I know exactly the type of bs we have gone through. I am guessing you didn't play Halo 4 day in a day out but I did to support the competitive scene that was still around at the time until AGL 10 pretty much killed what was left. I am taking a guess and saying that you did not do that but I am assuming that so please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I am not saying submit to the developer but what do you want to do? Boycott? Nothing will happen if we don't pick up this game BUT we can help them make it the best game since Halo 3 if we actually fix the issues it has. If you think removing sprint is going to happen... that is ok because that is your opinion. I am not saying that it is impossible for them to do but highly unlikly since they would have to pretty much rebuild everything that they have been working on

Of course not buying the game is the only real power a consumer has. Politics, power, America is driven by voting with your money. Watch a documentary or leaving some basic economics. Buying the game only sends the signal that its still worth buying, nothing more, nothing less. I won't be buying h5 because it's nothing more than halo 4.5.

Absolutely. The only ways I would improve CE would be:

- Animation. In no way that affects gameplay of course. Give it some smooth and silky animation.

- Jump delay. I hate the jump delay with a burning passion.

- Warthog. Many people disagree with me on this but I hate CE's Warthog, much prefer Halo 2's. I tried to get my girlfriend into Halo but she gave up on the second mission because the Warthog pissed her off so much. 

I want to play Halo now...

High Five.

I think sprint itself is not a problem. The velocity you gain thru this ability is the actual problem. If sprint would be just slightly faster than your basemovement-speed, its effect on escaping and not getting punished adequately wouldn´t be gamebreaking. Actually sprint in this scenario would require a lot of overall game awareness (like where are  the enemies and  which angles are  your enemies and mates holding), due to its low reward/risk relation. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

P.S.: English is my second language.

I think sprint itself is not a problem. The velocity you gain thru this ability is the actual problem. If sprint would be just slightly faster than your basemovement-speed, its effect on escaping and not getting punished adequately wouldn´t be gamebreaking. Actually sprint in this scenario would require a lot of overall game awareness (like where are  the enemies and  which angles are  your enemies and mates holding), due to its low reward/risk relation. That would be a good thing in my opinion.

P.S.: English is my second language.

Sprint doesn't work because you lower your weapon to do it and your opponent can't chase and shoot at the same time. It needs to go away completely and people need to stop offering ideas to try and make it work.

• Upvote (+1) 4

snip

So where do you think the threshold in kill times lies, between CE & Team BRs? H5 looks like 343 is trying to capture part of the CE feel with lower aim assist, and fast kill time especially with Pistol, but they're ultimately failing as most people still use BR, as the kill time gap is smaller than the skill gap. 

So where do you think the threshold in kill times lies, between CE & Team BRs? H5 looks like 343 is trying to capture part of the CE feel with lower aim assist, and fast kill time especially with Pistol, but they're ultimately failing as most people still use BR, as the kill time gap is smaller than the skill gap. 

I dont know. I really like the CE kill time but I dont know how feasible it is to get that considering so much of the population likes slower halo. I really liked the 5 shot ZB pistol in Reach, I thought that could make a solid competitive halo game but of course no one wanted to try it, and it was even removed from the ZB gametypes for being too good. Of course.

A difficult gun with like 1.1ish would be great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont know. I really like the CE kill time but I dont know how feasible it is to get that considering so much of the population likes slower halo. I really liked the 5 shot ZB pistol in Reach, I thought that could make a solid competitive halo game but of course no one wanted to try it, and it was even removed from the ZB gametypes for being too good. Of course.

A difficult gun with like 1.1ish would be great.

The problem with the Reach Magnum was that it was so random.

Getting a 4SK with it was satisfying, though.