Sign in to follow this  
aksKyun

Will Halo 3's population rise?

Recently during E3, Microsoft announced that Xbox Lve Gold Memebers will start to get two free flgames starting with Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2. I mean Halo 3 alone sometimes get 10k population and 200 people in MLG with this no deal do you guys think that the population could acutally rise and make it playable withthe population increase? What are your guys' thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk honestly. A LOT of people played Halo 3 back when it was relevant. I feel like anybody that was into online gaming on Xbox Live already had it (tons of people at my high school played Halo 3, and they're certainly not competitive Halo junkies). I feel like you'll have some people play the campaign and mess around a little in social slayer, but that's it.

Halo 3 nostalgia fans will jump on hard if MS advertises right. People are bored of BO2 and Halo 4 to some extent now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think if it got enough people to play again, it could trigger somewhat of a domino effect and even more people would play simply because they could find matches.  For example, I played Halo 3 a week ago for the first time in a loooooooong time and really enjoyed it, but I just can't tolerate waiting up to thirty minutes before I even find a match for more than one night.  If there were enough people to consistently find matches, I think I would play a lot more often.

Btw, I don't think there's much of a chance that that even happens, just saying that it could work out that way.

They should experiment with making Halo 3 completely free to play with no Gold requirement.

They should release a few popular older games free to play and these could serve as gateway drugs to Xbox Live. And once you get them hooked sell them yearly Gold memberships and Halo.

There will be a population increase naturally. I will probably hop on it. I don't think the population increase will be anything significant though. I think Haemorrhage is on to something...

I can't be the only one who finds Halo 3 unplayable now?

Don't get me wrong, it's lightyears better than Halo 4 and Reach, of course - but after getting used to the hit reg on said 2 games, I just can't get used to how bad it is on Halo 3 again (I have tried). Perhaps the bad hit reg effects me more because I have a terrible connection.

Either way, I hope that H3 coming out for three does encourage a few people who haven't tried Halo to give it a go. It's a tragic state of affairs that all anyone plays nowadays is CoD and FIFA.

I kinda hope it rises a little it would be fun to jump on H3 again and play a decent match without lag or waiting for ages to find a match!

• Upvote (+1) 1

So many people will get Halo 3 just because it is going to be free, even those who hate it. If it gets advertised properly it should hit a pretty high population, at least in the first few days.

I can't be the only one who finds Halo 3 unplayable now?

Don't get me wrong, it's lightyears better than Halo 4 and Reach, of course - but after getting used to the hit reg on said 2 games, I just can't get used to how bad it is on Halo 3 again (I have tried). Perhaps the bad hit reg effects me more because I have a terrible connection.

Either way, I hope that H3 coming out for three does encourage a few people who haven't tried Halo to give it a go. It's a tragic state of affairs that all anyone plays nowadays is CoD and FIFA.

Agreed, the hit registration on H3 makes the game seem bad compared to HR/H4 but then H3 shits on both those games in terms of maps/game mechanics etc. Can't wait 'til the game reaches a population where you don't have to wait 30 minutes for a match.

I can see about 2-3k more average, but not much more. If DLC will be come with it has not been addressed, You can not play MLG, Doubles, Snipers or Swat if you do not have DLC. Only Team Slayer, Social Slayer and Lone Wolves.

Will the DLCs be for free?

I haven't seen any indication that they will be.  It's possible they could release ODST in a similar fashion in the near future, but the XBL Marketplace version doesn't have the multiplayer content that the physical disc version does.  It would be a much bigger deal if the DLC were free, and I doubt they're making any real money off of Halo 3 DLC sales these days.  Maybe we'll get lucky and that's what happens, but I wouldn't count on it.  If being a Halo fan has taught me anything it's to not expect rational decision making from the various people in charge of this franchise.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be cool if the population did rise a good amount but people are probably going to download to game to play it for an hour or two for nostalgia and then probably go back to Black Ops 2.