Sign in to follow this  
Diatox

Microsoft Wants Halo to Last Another 30 Years

What are you guys talking about?! Is 343i not consisted of like 80-90% of the Bungie staff that made the 1st Halo trilogy?

Did everybody just forget that?

But that's not true.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I stand corrected. I was positive when 343 industries was formed that most of Bungie's staff left to help develop Halo 4, but after searching just now I see that it was only a few. Still though, you'd think those employee's would know when you're getting too far away from the style Halo is.

But that's not true.

Yeah I just posted about that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm okay with Halo lasting another 30 years.

I thought they already stated they wanted it to be like Stars Wars with its Expanded Universe. Which I'm completely okay with.

Although I want MCs arc to be over after this trilogy. Move on like what Mass Effect is doing.

Publicbussystem, 343 outsourced MCC to low level devs because they didn't care if it was done with quality or not. They knew the game would sell millions on it's name and legacy alone...and Microsoft knew this game would also sell millions of Xbones. This shows that Microsoft no longer cares about releasing quality, but to make billions off lies. They have every excuse in the book as to why MCC sucks(outsourcing, deadlines, etc), but the bottom line is the game sucks and we're out $60 and many are out even much more if they bought Xbox One solely for this game. What a scam...original Halo 2 ranking system as we knew it and the games as we knew them....haha. American Greed should do an episode for Microsoft/343.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Publicbussystem, 343 outsourced MCC to low level devs because they didn't care if it was done with quality or not. They knew the game would sell millions on it's name and legacy alone...and Microsoft knew this game would also sell millions of Xbones. This shows that Microsoft no longer cares about releasing quality, but to make billions off lies. They have every excuse in the book as to why MCC sucks(outsourcing, deadlines, etc), but the bottom line is the game sucks and we're out $60 and many are out even much more if they bought Xbox One solely for this game. What a scam...original Halo 2 ranking system as we knew it and the games as we knew them....haha. American Greed should do an episode for Microsoft/343.

I don't have the time or crayons to explain why you're wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I stand corrected. I was positive when 343 industries was formed that most of Bungie's staff left to help develop Halo 4, but after searching just now I see that it was only a few. Still though, you'd think those employee's would know when you're getting too far away from the style Halo is.

Honestly I would have asked bungie for my job back and work on destiny. It must be a terribly embarrassing experience to create h4 when you know what potential exist in the title.

It shows they lack integrity.

MCC wasn't and never will be their halo. They must despise having to get it to work right and will justify ending such efforts when h5 is released by telling each other how archaic MCC is, but now the good stuff is out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No need to call me out, many people believe the same, and no I don't support halo 4, stop making radical assumptions.

Bungie did nothing but make halo progressively worse, 4 was shit but that's mainly because of the fact it built off of reach and that 343 was just being created, MCC was just overly ambitious, and halo 5 looks like it'll be pretty good just based off what we've seen so far.

Besides it's all just speculation, no telling what bungie would have done with halo, it's kind of pointless to argue over I at this point.

@@bluejay you're right I probably took an unnecessary jab in that post.  I just got a little fired up over my Bungie love.  Even though I'm a casual, I do enjoy this community and keeping up with what's happening with Halo at teambeyond.net ! Peace and have a great one bluejay!  

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 better than bungie WTF 

Name one thing 343 have successfully done apart from no bloom no sprint which has had a positive impact on halo 

The gameplay is worse than ever 

the maps worse than ever

Long established and beloved game modes RUINED check i.e king of the hill, oddball,

based an entire halo game around btb heavies

added ordinance and rewarded camping

created the bolt-shot and enhanced the mini sniper essentially ruining map movement

made vehicles useless  

after being regarded as this almighty saviour in reach for removing sprint they immediately implement it back in

released mcc with a host of glaring problems

matchmaking broken in mcc for weeks after release and still has several issues

They haven't even released a title where there weren't a host of problems apart from halo 1 anniversary

343 promises the world but delivers shit

Yes bungie created reach and yes they catered to the broader audience and was in charge when the direction and popularity of halo began to decline but 343 have had ample opportunities to enhance the experience and have made it far far worse andby the looks of halo 5 it going to continue 

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 better than bungie WTF

Name one thing 343 have successfully done apart from no bloom no sprint which has had a positive impact on halo

The gameplay is worse than ever

the maps worse than ever

Long established and beloved game modes RUINED check i.e king of the hill, oddball,

based an entire halo game around btb heavies

added ordinance and rewarded camping

created the bolt-shot and enhanced the mini sniper essentially ruining map movement

made vehicles useless

after being regarded as this almighty saviour in reach for removing sprint they immediately implement it back in

released mcc with a host of glaring problems

matchmaking broken in mcc for weeks after release and still has several issues

They haven't even released a title where there weren't a host of problems apart from halo 1 anniversary

343 promises the world but delivers shit

Yes bungie created reach and yes they catered to the broader audience and was in charge when the direction and popularity of halo began to decline but 343 have had ample opportunities to enhance the experience and have made it far far worse andby the looks of halo 5 it going to continue

Its pretty clear, but alas...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie, 343, and Microsoft fucked this series up. No need to play the blame game.

Bungie consistently made worst Halo games until they hit rock bottom that is Reach

343 decided to fix Reach instead of ignoring it and now they're making a reskin of Halo 4

Microsoft put trust in the wrong fucking company (343)

We're stuck with Microsoft because they own the IP, so we have to rely on them to get rid of 343 and find a new developer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ha ha.... ha ha ha ha....

ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha ha...

Ha ha ha ha ha... Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They are running a sprint not a marathon

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

30 years? Sure, could be done. Look at Sonic, he's lasted since '91.

The thought of Halo ending up anything like the Sonic franchise is terrifying.

Inb4 werechief.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see how much further the gameplay goes downhill with each iteration. 

Also this news made me think of this...

tumblr_lzsx427ud91qcga5ro1_500.gif

The thought of Halo ending up anything like the Sonic franchise is terrifying.

Inb4 werechief.

LOL, that werewolf idea was so stupid...  Not as bad as Sonic 06 "love interest" though.  *shivers*  

And I have no doubt that the 343i fanboys will still be praising whatever crappy decisions 343i make. If Halo really does last another 30 years, I can guarantee you that real ADS will find its way in there somehow. Along with prone and grenade cooking.