Sign in to follow this  
Diatox

Microsoft Wants Halo to Last Another 30 Years

IMO it all depends on H5, If H5 ends up being good I see the series being revived, if not then microsoft better get someone developing a new FPS because halo is done for.

Im not holding my breath...

• Upvote (+1) 3

IMO it all depends on H5, If H5 ends up being good I see the series being revived, if not then microsoft better get someone developing a new FPS because halo is done for.

Im not holding my breath...

even if halo 5 was revolutionary it still wouldn't mean 30 years, that's an incredibly long time to stay relevant, it is surprising it's lasted this long though.

The single player could last maybe that long but not the multiplayer.  And the multiplayer is the reason why most people bother to play Halo in the first place.

Oh god halo has truely become microsofts cash cow and they are desperately milking it for everything it is worth, books, films tv series, streaming site, and a series of games.

None of these are bad in theory but when they are all flawed and massive disappointments it just ruins the franchise, look what happened to the alien franchise.

If any of the above were executed well it might spark life back into this painfully slow dying saga (just for the record i dont want it dead just pointing out the direction it is heading) however 343 have now shown their incompetence and lack of ability to understand the community that i have lost complete faith, anyone know who is clinging to hopes of H5 reviving the series is just delusional with kevin franklin in charge this game will be further away from halo than ever before (ground pound, sprint, slide, climbing mechanics, aiming down sights, search and destroy game mode gun goose etc as proof) individually

For the game to be a success all of the above features will have to be perfectly added without retracting from gameplay which as i said due to the fact kevin franklin is there i dont think is likely to happen, i.e their last game mode was based off of one game mode BTB heavies yeah that was a smart decision for a competitive arena shooter 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The single player could last maybe that long but not the multiplayer. And the multiplayer is the reason why most people bother to play Halo in the first place.

Open world halo please, that could last a lot longer.

Haha, I don't see Halo lasting another 5 years with 343 as the developer. If Halo went back to Bungie, then it might be possible.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Haha, I don't see Halo lasting another 5 years with 343 as the developer. If Halo went back to Bungie, then it might be possible.

Did you forget reach? 343 are better than bungie frankly.

The video games may last for another decade, if they're lucky, the franchise as a whole though might last until 2037.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bungie is the studio that has a half a billion USD budget, and came out with Destiny as a product. They're clearly not the studio that made Halo 1 and 2 anymore. I think that we're better off with 343.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Really? 343 is a better developer/studio than Bungie? Personally, I don't think 343 is even on the same page Bungie as far as development capabilities. To that add, no way Bungie would have let a game that was a broken as the Master Chief Collection was at launch, get out the door. No way!

It think just because Bungie tried something different with Reach doesn't make 343 a better studio (as quoted by bluejay).  And, I'm assuming based on bluejay's comment that he's an advocate for Halo 4 Multiplayer, which is cool with me!  But damn, really 343 is a better studio?  I just don't see it!

Both studios have had rough spots and I want 343 to succeed with MCC and Halo 5 going forward.  I dig this franchise and don't want it to slip away.  Who's knows where Halo would be now if it was still in Bungies hands, but again I'm confident that they would have never released a game as buggy as MCC.

Sorry for that fanboyisim, but until 343 earns it, to me, Halo will always be associated with Bungie.  

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Really? 343 is a better developer/studio than Bungie? Personally, I don't think 343 is even on the same page Bungie as far as development capabilities. To that add, no way Bungie would have let a game that was a broken as the Master Chief Collection was at launch, get out the door. No way!

It think just because Bungie tried something different with Reach doesn't make 343 a better studio (as quoted by bluejay). And, I'm assuming based on bluejay's comment that he's an advocate for Halo 4 Multiplayer, which is cool with me! But damn, really 343 is a better studio? I just don't see it!

Both studios have had rough spots and I want 343 to succeed with MCC and Halo 5 going forward. I dig this franchise and don't want it to slip away. Who's knows where Halo would be now if it was still in Bungies hands, but again I'm confident that they would have never released a game as buggy as MCC.

Sorry for that fanboyisim, but until 343 earns it, to me, Halo will always be associated with Bungie.

No need to call me out, many people believe the same, and no I don't support halo 4, stop making radical assumptions.

Bungie did nothing but make halo progressively worse, 4 was shit but that's mainly because of the fact it built off of reach and that 343 was just being created, MCC was just overly ambitious, and halo 5 looks like it'll be pretty good just based off what we've seen so far.

Besides it's all just speculation, no telling what bungie would have done with halo, it's kind of pointless to argue over I at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't forget Reach, in fact I still play it. Post TU Reach BTB is still the best and most fun Halo experience currently, which is sad. Reach has the best graphics, physics, net coding, user interface, player bios, vehicles, and hit registration system of all the Halos. Reach is a dream in comparison to Halo 4 and MCC. Yes it has a lot of faults...armor abilities, bad maps, ugly forge world maps, Mexican hosts, and no real ranking system, but if Bungie were to have the franchise back and give us a genuine Halo game without armor abilities or other gimmicks, a ranking system, and competitive maps, you know it would be amazing. Bungie are professionals and 343 are pretenders to the throne.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Did you forget reach? 343 are better than bungie frankly.

The video games may last for another decade, if they're lucky, the franchise as a whole though might last until 2037.

It think just because Bungie tried something different with Reach doesn't make 343 a better studio (as quoted by bluejay).  And, I'm assuming based on bluejay's comment that he's an advocate for Halo 4 Multiplayer, which is cool with me!  But damn, really 343 is a better studio?  I just don't see it!

Both studios have had rough spots and I want 343 to succeed with MCC and Halo 5 going forward.  I dig this franchise and don't want it to slip away.  Who's knows where Halo would be now if it was still in Bungies hands, but again I'm confident that they would have never released a game as buggy as MCC.

What are you guys talking about?! Is 343i not consisted of like 80-90% of the Bungie staff that made the 1st Halo trilogy?

Did everybody just forget that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And just think how amazing MCC would have been had Bungie developed it. 343 likes outsourcing, why not outsource it to Bungie? I see a lot of people here slam Bungie for Destiny, but Destiny is a completely different game from Halo with a different formula and everything. I don't like Destiny either, but the game works smoothly.

Bungie killed Halo and 343 danced on the body. 

LOL... that's funny.  Bungie tried to change and adapt when they probably should have just tweaked it a little. I didn't mind Reach, but I'm not a competitive player and just enjoy playing Halo with friends when time allows!  I Hope Halo 5 accommodates the competitive community because I do think this community helps drive the Halo population, which I'd like to see return to where it was not to many years ago.

ZeusIsGodly...I'm pretty sure that's not true considering how much of a train wreck Halo 4 and MCC were. I think those are lies spread from 343 and their apologists to get our hopes up that #WeBack. We aren't back and we never will be back under 343.

• Downvote (-1) 4

What are you guys talking about?! Is 343i not consisted of like 80-90% of the Bungie staff that made the 1st Halo trilogy?

Did everybody just forget that?

What are you talking about?

On another note, the article was interesting. She focused on getting "female" talent, rather than "quality" talent. It wasn't like we ever thought they were looking for the right people to begin with.

As for 30 more years, I can see them going another 10 but I think by then the writing will be on the wall, Halo will need to be buried. Even Microsoft will see that it won't make much sense to keep selling a product that continues to lose its fan base with each release.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And just think how amazing MCC would have been had Bungie developed it. 343 likes outsourcing, why not outsource it to Bungie? I see a lot of people here slam Bungie for Destiny, but Destiny is a completely different game from Halo with a different formula and everything. I don't like Destiny either, but the game works smoothly.

Maybe 343 outsourced it so that they would have more time for Halo 5, and Bungie was busy with making on disc DLC for Destiny at the time, so they would have been too busy for the MCC. Also, I don't see how Bungie, a studio that id misding many of its employees from the 1-3 days would have much of an advantage over studios like Certain Affinity.

On another note, the article was interesting. She focused on getting "female" talent, rather than "quality" talent. Gosh, with management like that why would we expect anything other than what we are seeing?.

Your reading too much into it, Bonnie Ross was just saying it's good to see more females in the gaming industry, I mean of course it doesn't really matter but anyone in her position would have said the same, politics and PR really, nothing more.

What are you talking about?

I stand corrected. I was positive when 343 industries was formed that most of Bungie's staff left to help develop Halo 4, but after searching just now I see that it was only a few. Still though, you'd think those employee's would know when you're getting too far away from the style Halo is.