CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

Oh yeah, see i didnt mind that since there is no true jumping in Gears and you use it for sprinting, mantling, diving into cover etc so i like the easier access.

Funny you should mention firing with a face button... because gears has a control scheme for that lol.  I wonder how many people actually use that....

I thought it was weird until I realized it was for people that use paddles.

Edit: What are the difference in weapon tuning in the competitive modes?

I thought it was weird until I realized it was for people that use paddles.

Edit: What are the difference in weapon tuning in the competitive modes?

Competitive modes restrict starting weapons to Lancer/Gnasher. The Gnasher has less range, the starting weapons do less damage, and there is reduced aim assist across the board.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Customization is awful at the moment. Paid $100 for the game and feel like I have gotten nothing out of it and i'm currently playing a game with a f2p pay system. Also social limit of 2 players is stupid considering I had a lot of friends pick this up and it's their first gears. I have to play core modes with ranks if I want to play with the group so I'm basically stuck. Thankfully xbox and pc have seperate ranks.

Speaking of which i actually feel bad for the xbox one players on this game. The constant frame rate drops, slow texture loading, and heavy sluggish feel compared to pc I can't imagine people playing that version for esports. The pc version is night and day difference and if it wasn't for my friends I'd never play this on console.

Competitive modes restrict starting weapons to Lancer/Gnasher. The Gnasher has less range, the starting weapons do less damage, and there is reduced aim assist across the board.

Why would they nerf the gnasher and remove the snub. I was under the impression the gears community valued those weapons, thought the comp settings would just nerf the rifles. I think that's really dumb.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Interesting. Thank you.

Why would they nerf the gnasher and remove the snub. I was under the impression the gears community valued those weapons, thought the comp settings would just nerf the rifles. I think that's really dumb.

I don't believe the snub was removed. I didn't mention it in my reply, that may have been confusing. I've only played Execution (Escalation is the other comp mode), and you still started with the snub and smoke alongside the lancer and gnasher. The lancer does less damage in comp modes too.

Interesting. Thank you.

No sweat.

Speaking of which i actually feel bad for the xbox one players on this game. The constant frame rate drops, slow texture loading, and heavy sluggish feel compared to pc I can't imagine people playing that version for esports. The pc version is night and day difference and if it wasn't for my friends I'd never play this on console.

is there a way to show those texture loading problems, I've read it a couple times but never experienced it myself,the occasional rame rate drops suck though...

I'm not huge into comp. Gears but I believe the Gnasher changes are equivalent to us asking for a utility weapon with less magnetism, it nerfs it in some way but only to widen the skill range

I spent some time on the official gears forum lateley...boy you got some whiney kids over there...they are so fucking deep in their self-pitty post about how micro transaction ruin the game and how TC is the devil (fun fact, someone even said Gears would make Halo look good..) that they forget how much luck their community has to have a dev like TC who honors the core of the franchise and is not changing up the gameplay...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quitting is a huge problem right now. Can't solo queue for shit.

I'm having the same problem. Half the time the game starts 5v4, and then its just an avalanche of quitting.  Earlier today I had a game start 5v5. We had a quitter in under 30 seconds. After that, it's like the damn floodgates open and the rest of the team bails immediately.

Why do you even search if you're going to quit right away? How fragile-minded do you have to be to quit after the first kill?  I fucking hate people.

Quitting is a huge problem right now. Can't solo queue for shit.

I'm having the same problem. Half the time the game starts 5v4, and then its just an avalanche of quitting.  Earlier today I had a game start 5v5. We had a quitter in under 30 seconds. After that, it's like the damn floodgates open and the rest of the team bails immediately.

Why do you even search if you're going to quit right away? How fragile-minded do you have to be to quit after the first kill?  I fucking hate people.

I've been seeing a lot of posts on various websites talking about the quitting, so you guys aren't alone. In the early access period it was caused by some players failing to load the map, but that has since been patched out. Alas, the mentality of a quitter has taken hold of most gamers that have been conditioned by that mentality in other shooters. It also doesn't bode well in a game like Gears where players of lesser skill will get absolutely bodied.

I'm not sold on the different weapon tuning for core and competitive. The core weapon tuning seems to cater to the mindset of someone in the same camp of quitters. The weapons are very overpowered and you're downed or gibbed in two shots. The competitive tuning feels more similar to what GoW1/2 felt like. I saw TC's community manager tweet that they're looking at a weapon rebalance, so hopefully they'll work on updating their game in a prompt fashion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Feel free to attack me for this, but are the auto's a little strong in Gears 4? I have gone against some teams that all run gnasher together, and absolutely shred. I'm not the biggest gear head yet, so bare with me.

Feel free to attack me for this, but are the auto's a little strong in Gears 4? I have gone against some teams that all run gnasher together, and absolutely shred. I'm not the biggest gear head yet, so bare with me.

mean lancer? if so yea the lancer is a good not but not too powerful it makes weapon use important in each scenario 

• Upvote (+1) 1

mean lancer? if so yea the lancer is a good not but not too powerful it makes weapon use important in each scenario 

Yes I did and I can't even believe I made that mistake, I'm not THAT guy. I'm actually pretty decent at Gears. Not great, but I can hold my own.

I really enjoy the game. Unlike Halo, the gameplay mechanics make map design unbreakable. I respect the hell out of that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

FYI to anyone into Gears on here that doesn't keep up with the gears twitter scene:

It's been confirmed by community manager that weekly/daily challenges that reward packs and credits are being implemented. It's also been confirmed that weapon settings for core are being tweaked at some point soon.

FYI to anyone into Gears on here that doesn't keep up with the gears twitter scene:

It's been confirmed by community manager that weekly/daily challenges that reward packs and credits are being implemented. It's also been confirmed that weapon settings for core are being tweaked at some point soon.

All good news there.

One week after launch and they're tuning weapons, awesome. Halo 5 is going on a year and we've had a plasma caster buff.

hey, hey, don't forget the hydra and laser buff!

no but for real, that laser buff was on point. A drop in the bucket, but a nice crisp, cold, filtered drop.

I just finished the Gears 4 campaign.  I am quite happy with it. The whole thing was just a treat to play. The environments...holy crap the environments were incredible! The art team freaking blew me away. They should be damned proud of themselves. The cutscenes were top notch too. Makes me want a feature length CG Gears movie.  And yeah, the ending was pretty fuckin' cool. I'm excited for the next game's campaign. Gears campaigns have always been top notch, and I'm really glad to see The Coalition keeping that going pretty much seamlessly.

Edit: Oh snap, theres a scene after the credits, in case you guys didn't know. It's fairly important.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes I did and I can't even believe I made that mistake, I'm not THAT guy. I'm actually pretty decent at Gears. Not great, but I can hold my own.

I really enjoy the game. Unlike Halo, the gameplay mechanics make map design unbreakable. I respect the hell out of that. 

Except Process from Gears 1 and UE, where if it comes down to 1v1 you could play ring around the rosey around the center circle until the end of time. I always thought that was hilarious.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except Process from Gears 1 and UE, where if it comes down to 1v1 you could play ring around the rosey around the center circle until the end of time. I always thought that was hilarious.

If I had a nickel for every time I, or my opponent, played ring around the rose in H5... I would be premium here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I had a nickel for every time I, or my opponent, played ring around the rose in H5... I would be premium here.

Or have 20 gold packs.

• Upvote (+1) 1