CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

The built in benchmarking tool is really awesome in Gears of War 4!  My favorite in game benchmark to date.

It is the first thing I messed around with.   I made the following benchmark videos below. All of these videos are with Ultras settings, @4K, 1440p, and 1080p.  It looks like I personally will be playing at 1440p if I want to run Ultra settings. These benchmarks are with Gtx 980 Ti, i7 4770 @3.5, 6 GB of vRam, 8 GB of Ram. 

1440p

1080p

I wish I didn't have work today lol just a few more hours till I can grind this all night

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be playing on launch so if anyone likes Horde as much as I do, add me. I'm getting it on PC btw but Horde is crossplay so it doesn't matter for that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll be playing on launch so if anyone likes Horde as much as I do, add me. I'm getting it on PC btw but Horde is crossplay so it doesn't matter for that.

We should play bro. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So this is probably the most I've played a Gears game in multiplayer, and holy crap, this game is solid. I'm still floundering a bit, trying to figure everything out, but I'm literally forcing myself to go to sleep right now or I'd be up all night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I returned it.  Pay $40 extra to play early, spend hours searching trying to get into games.  5 minute searches over and over.  

"Matchmaking has timed out.  Please try again later."  

Weird thing is, I could play the social playlist.

It's a shame, the game is solid AF if you can get into a match.

We shall see how the launch goes.  If the mass population experiences what I did, it's not gonna be pretty.

I've had such a great smooth experience but idk if that has to do with me being on pc. We can't play xbox players which is extremely inconvenient when I want to play with friends which is what I thought was the point of crossplay but I can see the reasoning behind it. My only suggestion would be to open it up in social and keep it restricted in ranked.

So far I'm loving the game this is probably the best hit detection in the series and the launch has been so smooth for me. It's really well optimized on pc and my only gripes would be how they handled character unlocks and customization. The system in place is just flat out bad and doesn't motivate you to keep playing unless you just enjoy the game play.

I returned it.  Pay $40 extra to play early, spend hours searching trying to get into games.  5 minute searches over and over.  

"Matchmaking has timed out.  Please try again later."  

Weird thing is, I could play the social playlist.

It's a shame, the game is solid AF if you can get into a match.

We shall see how the launch goes.  If the mass population experiences what I did, it's not gonna be pretty.

If you're paying for early access, it's going to be considerably tougher to find games before launch. That is something that should wait until after launch to judge properly.

I've had such a great smooth experience but idk if that has to do with me being on pc. We can't play xbox players which is extremely inconvenient when I want to play with friends which is what I thought was the point of crossplay but I can see the reasoning behind it. My only suggestion would be to open it up in social and keep it restricted in ranked.

So far I'm loving the game this is probably the best hit detection in the series and the launch has been so smooth for me. It's really well optimized on pc and my only gripes would be how they handled character unlocks and customization. The system in place is just flat out bad and doesn't motivate you to keep playing unless you just enjoy the game play.

People underesitamte the advantage someone with a M+K has over someone with a controller. I 100% agree with crossplay not being in PvP but yeah, a social PvP with crossplay is a good idea. The customization isn't going to get me to stop playing the game but I wish they didn't go the "wacky" route. It doesn't mesh well at all with the GoW aesthetic.

If you're paying for early access, it's going to be considerably tougher to find games before launch. That is something that should wait until after launch to judge properly.

I agree. I'm just glad they let me return it. I spent the extra money because I wanted to play MM early.  I'm waiting to play campaign coop with a friend. 

I'll buy the cheaper version for campaign.     

I really can't make up my mind whether or not to get this.I just wasn't able to get into gears UE,thought that's probably because I'm a noob and I was playing with hardcore gears people.

Really fun game. Need people to do horde and campaign with next weekend! Let me know

few questions,

how is this game compared to the previous titles?

and

do you need windows 10 to play this on pc? if so, fuck me im not making the switch from 7 lol. don't have an xbox either.

do you need windows 10 to play this on pc? if so, fuck me im not making the switch from 7 lol. don't have an xbox either.

Yes you do and it's a great OS. I've literally had zero problems with it and it's considerably faster.

few questions,

how is this game compared to the previous titles?

and

I've played every Gears, really only played Gow3 and Gow UE a significant amount and at a competitive level. I really really like Gears 4, it is incredibly fast and responsive. I was playing a lot of UE leading up to GoW4 launch and it just feels so slow and sluggish. GoW4 is so fast, and so responsive, you really feel in control when you're moving and wall bouncing. Also has a ranking system this time around which is really nice. 

Game is really solid so far. Gnasher has never felt this consistent imo and movement is as close to perfect as a 3rd person shooter can get. Honestly pretty surprised because I thought the beta was very underwhelming.

So far, my only real concern/complaint is that I wish there was better feedback for when your bullets hit someone. I've been spoiled by the shield flare in Halo and the hit dings from Overwatch and TF2.

It's so foreign and odd to me as a life-long FPS player, attempting to breach this ridiculously high skill level. I'm sitting at a .53 KDR right now, and it's never felt better.

So far, my only real concern/complaint is that I wish there was better feedback for when your bullets hit someone. I've been spoiled by the shield flare in Halo and the hit dings from Overwatch and TF2.

It's so foreign and odd to me as a life-long FPS player, attempting to breach this ridiculously high skill level. I'm sitting at a .53 KDR right now, and it's never felt better.

The only visible cue is the blood that flies from enemies when you shoot them. Other than that, it's all about knowing the range and approximate damage you'll deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes you do and it's a great OS. I've literally had zero problems with it and it's considerably faster.

i use it at work and i'm just not a fan lol.

might have to get an xbox sometime..