CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

All this news makes me want to compete so bad in a Gears tourney, especially since I live in Cbus. I wonder if it's better to play Gears 3 or UE to practice. Overall, good to see another console Esports out in the market. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, there are new robot enemies in GoW4 and the footage is up on IGN. Thoughts?

not a fan...but, at least in those 8minutes, those robots did blend in better then prometheans..I'd prefer if TC stuck to non-mechanical enemies but let's see how much impact they have on the full game...

I'm a more worried about the weapons, I hope the new ones don't fuck up the overall MO balance (or don't even appear in MP..) and that the lancer close to the end of the vid was labeled "Custom Lancer"...please TC, don't fuck it up

not a fan...but, at least in those 8minutes, those robots did blend in better then prometheans..I'd prefer if TC stuck to non-mechanical enemies but let's see how much impact they have on the full game...

I'm a more worried about the weapons, I hope the new ones don't fuck up the overall MO balance (or don't even appear in MP..) and that the lancer close to the end of the vid was labeled "Custom Lancer"...please TC, don't fuck it up

I'm not very concerned. We don't even know the context of which these robotic enemies appear in the game. They could be used as personal security for the estate they're fighting at, or they could be a product of the COG creating a police force in a post-locust world. They appear to behave differently from the Swarm, and having a third faction to battle worked wonders in GoW3.

I'm with you on MP balance. The railgun like weapon will most certainly be a power weapon, and it appears to behave like a Torque bow. In theory the new weapons could give maps some nice variety.

I'm not very concerned. We don't even know the context of which these robotic enemies appear in the game. They could be used as personal security for the estate they're fighting at, or they could be a product of the COG creating a police force in a post-locust world. They appear to behave differently from the Swarm, and having a third faction to battle worked wonders in GoW3.

I'm with you on MP balance. The railgun like weapon will most certainly be a power weapon, and it appears to behave like a Torque bow. In theory the new weapons could give maps some nice variety.

I believe it is the new Fenix estate (considering how pissed Marcus is about the destroyed tomatoes :holmes: )

And yes, those robots are probably security/law enforcement for the new GOG (interesting thought I took from the gears forums: "DeeBee" might be a referance to Damon Baird, so possibly he was responsible for the development) and my concern is not so much about them having a good lore background or the general gameplay changes, it's more about the atmosphere created by robots in a world like Gears...I would have preferred a less "sci-fi"-ish and more gritty/improvised/low-tech design

I believe it is the new Fenix estate (considering how pissed Marcus is about the destroyed tomatoes :holmes: )

And yes, those robots are probably security/law enforcement for the new GOG (interesting thought I took from the gears forums: "DeeBee" might be a referance to Damon Baird, so possibly he was responsible for the development) and my concern is not so much about them having a good lore background or the general gameplay changes, it's more about the atmosphere created by robots in a world like Gears...I would have preferred a less "sci-fi"-ish and more gritty/improvised/low-tech design

HAHA is there really lines of Marcus getting pissed about tomatoes?? I missed that. Gotta rewatch.

Yea, I mean, GoW has always been that moster/being hunted down feeling. I don't think it will lose that since The Swarm are there. But taking the monsters away for some combat segments could work. I commend them for trying something new. And remember, the narrative of GoW4 has been, "well, it's just more Gears."

HAHA is there really lines of Marcus getting pissed about tomatoes?? I missed that. Gotta rewatch.

Yea, I mean, GoW has always been that moster/being hunted down feeling. I don't think it will lose that since The Swarm are there. But taking the monsters away for some combat segments could work. I commend them for trying something new. And remember, the narrative of GoW4 has been, "well, it's just more Gears."

right after they enter the first shed and the first wave of robots is dropped from the plane

yeah, I'm not too worried either, it could have been worse

If the robots are what I'm guessing (brave new world esque happy enforcers) then I'll be fine. 

Gears is on the rise its great. 

Gears of War 4 shaping up to be great. Out of the information everything seems fine. I'm curious about Escalation though. Seems like too many rounds and doesn't make sense on how it will work out in best of [x] series in tournaments alongside execution. Maybe a third additional gametype will balance it out but generally you don't want series to last too long and have too many maps. It only works for H5 because it's so fast and the maps end quickly. 

Gears of War 4 shaping up to be great. Out of the information everything seems fine. I'm curious about Escalation though. Seems like too many rounds and doesn't make sense on how it will work out in best of [x] series in tournaments alongside execution. Maybe a third additional gametype will balance it out but generally you don't want series to last too long and have too many maps. It only works for H5 because it's so fast and the maps end quickly. 

escalation is a fun mode man, just hope that gears 4 doesn't suffer from a lack of game types

So it sounds like gow 4 stays true true to the original and I'm looking for another fps console game with skill gap to get git gud at.Should I get this?

Soooo close its the only reason I held onto my xbox but with crossplay I'm thinking of selling it lol. Cannot wait for this game it's the only shooter I still play.

Is there a Team Beyond Gears equivalent in terms of forums/community? I think I'm going to take a dive into this.