CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

I can't stand the movement, i like that the roadie is faster but shit feels so clunky and framerate drops don't help with shaky cam. Was hoping for Gears 1 movement but with wall cancel.

Agreed it should be tighter but I'm a fan of the speed mixed in with wall cancel, movement is king in this game. 

Hopefully framedrops will be fixed by launch but it's tolerable in the beta.

I can't stand the movement, i like that the roadie is faster but shit feels so clunky and framerate drops don't help with shaky cam. Was hoping for Gears 1 movement but with wall cancel.

I've had some trouble watching my screen when playing this game for the first time, I'm not sure if it's due to framerate drops or if TC did something diffrent with the screen wobble but playing actually hurts my eyes little. I'll give this game another chance later today but it's a giant pain in the ass, I've never had problems with stuff like motion sickness up until this beta and I just played through GoW UE again...

Other then that the game seems to be quite good though

So, what's the consensus on the movement. From what my friends and I felt, it's by far the smoothest and most fluid gears in terms of movement. But looking on the gears forums there's people describing it as clunky. On the other hand other people are saying it should be slower like UE.

So, what's the consensus on the movement. From what my friends and I felt, it's by far the smoothest and most fluid gears in terms of movement. But looking on the gears forums there's people describing it as clunky. On the other hand other people are saying it should be slower like UE.

I think it should be gears 1 movement system but add in wall canceling 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't dislike the movement in 4, but UE's movement is better.

I don't dislike the movement in 4, but UE's movement is better.

Really? What about UE do you find to be better? The only thing I think prefer is hip fire strafing in ue. Everything else seems to flow together much nicer in gears 4

Really? What about UE do you find to be better? The only thing I think prefer is hip fire strafing in ue. Everything else seems to flow together much nicer in gears 4

It feels more fluid. GoW4 feels clunky. Like I said, I don't dislike it and it isn't game breaking, but I do notice it.

---

And I got to rank 20 in the beta. I'm loving this game! The Gnasher feels perfect, I can't stress that enough. The Lancer is great too and the active reload buff for the Lancer is insane. The Dropshot is a great new weapon. I like all the maps. My favorite is Foundation. The new Tac/Com is the best iteration of it yet. Knowing whether a weapon has spawned yet is nice to know and being able to see planted grenades is helpful. I've been using it more and more as I play. The cards you can choose at the beginning of a match are cool, but the rewards are too low.

My main problem with the beta is that you can't hear the Frag grenades hitting the ground. One can land right behind you and you would never know. The range of damage needs to be reduced as well. My main worry is the Retro Lancer. If there is one weapon that needed to be in the beta, it's that one. I rather it not be in the game at all, the same with the Sawed-off. We'll see I guess.

Overall, I'm optimistic about this game. I can't wait for the release! We haven't even heard details of Horde yet!

Fair enough. I think the Lancer is WAY too strong. And being able to active whenever is dumb.

How is it dumb? It gets rid of an unnecessary step that is shooting blanks.

Fair enough. I think the Lancer is WAY too strong. And being able to active whenever is dumb.

I'm with eagleBurn, tactical reload does not really hurt the game and it's exactly what a good Dev should do, support those little tricks instead of finding a wierd "fix" for this "problem" like 343 would do...

I don't see a problem with the Lancer as far as I've played the beta either, Gnasher is still the dominant weapon and the Lancer fits in as a nice situational support weapons, at least thats my experience with the game, sadly I really struggle to find time to play :/

Bit TC really needs to scale back screen shake when running, I'm getting used to it a little but it's still stressful for my eyes

No matter what you think about the game, sign up for the Feedback Program!

TC needs true Gears fans giving their feedback and not just mainstream kids screaming for change for the sake of change!

How is it dumb? It gets rid of an unnecessary step that is shooting blanks.

I just don't think active reload should give a damage boost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just don't think active reload should give a damage boost.

I've thought this since 2006. At the very least, I should be able to look at someone and know they have active rounds (like a glowing hot barrel for example) instead of just wondering how he did so much damage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've thought this since 2006. At the very least, I should be able to look at someone and know they have active rounds (like a glowing hot barrel for example) instead of just wondering how he did so much damage.

Yeah, it's kind of like equipment in Halo 3. I didn't mind it but I at least wanted to know if they had it equipped or not (should have it attached to their hip or something). A glowing hot barrel for when active is on would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The new active mechanic sucks IMO the best part about the old one was knowing when opponent has an active from hearing them shoot beforehand so you could either be aggressive with an active yourself or play passive and try baiting the opponent in the open risking less damage. It's not such a problem for me because I have a strong shotgun but I'd rather have the old way.

Does the sniper feel weird to anyone else? Can't quite figure out why it feels so weird to me but it does.

Love the new active reload mechanic. As someone pointed out on Reddit though, the damage boost portion of the active reload should be at the tail end like it is for the hammer burst. That way you have to decide if you want a faster reload or the damage boost.

Edit: I don't think you should be able to keep active reloading power weapons however.