CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

Really? I thought it looked more like gears 3 with the Omen shape, way you run and shotgun active reload bar.

Looks like you can play classic settings which means the game will be playable at some level at least.

In terms of gunplay, it looks like GoW1. In GoW3 especially, rifles dominated gunplay because they increased the damage/range and how the maps were laid out. From the two maps in that video, it favors Gnasher gunplay. I guess we'll see on Monday.

In terms of gunplay, it looks like GoW1. In GoW3 especially, rifles dominated gunplay because they increased the damage/range and how the maps were laid out. From the two maps in that video, it favors Gnasher gunplay. I guess we'll see on Monday.

roumor has it that the news embargo will lift at some time tomorrow :)

It will be interesting to see what weapons will carry over, personally I was a big fan of the retro and I'd hate to see it go but I'd be fine with retro beeing Horde/Campaign exclusive..

roumor has it that the news embargo will lift at some time tomorrow :)

It will be interesting to see what weapons will carry over, personally I was a big fan of the retro and I'd hate to see it go but I'd be fine with retro beeing Horde/Campaign exclusive..

tumblr_inline_mrnlyofVRq1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_inline_mrnlyofVRq1qz4rgp.gif

yeah, I get it, it fucks up the original Gears MP gameplay but would you really have a problem if it was part of the game but only for Horde/Campaign?

yeah, I get it, it fucks up the original Gears MP gameplay but would you really have a problem if it was part of the game but only for Horde/Campaign?

Nope  :sunglasses:

Finally, The Coalition plans to include the most dreaded of all features: microtransactions. If you choose, you'll be able to buy Hearthstone-style card packs that contain cosmetic items and other gear that, according to the team, will not impact gameplay. The devs were also quick to emphasize that all these items can be earned through play; spending real money to gamble on a Gear Crate just speeds up the process. You'll also be able to buy maps, though again, you'll never have to. The Coalition plans to add new maps and rotate out old maps for free approximately once a month, which should provide fresh content without segmenting the player base. However, if you want permanent access to a map so you can use it in private matches, you can buy it and host all your friends (who will not need to own it to play).

so free maps for MM + Gears take on REQ's, doesn't sound too bad IMO

But with major shooter franchises like Halo and Call of Duty constantly progressing (or reinventing themselves entirely), Gears 4 may need to do more to remain competitive.

fuck gamespot,

bullshit like that is the reason why people believe that every games needs to follow the "industry standard"..

Not sure if anyone cares about lore but I'm kinda upset there is no marcus fenix. Fenix = Master Chief :/

Not sure if anyone cares about lore but I'm kinda upset there is no marcus fenix. Fenix = Master Chief :/

yes, I do care about lore but I don't think Marcus Fenix is even nearly as important for Gears as the MC is for Halo.

Actually I think using his son as the next main character is much more interesting then doing another game with Marcus as the main hero, I'm quite sure that Marcus will still play a role in Gears 4 as well

Looks like both the gnasher and lancer kill WAY faster than I expected

and it looks like the shotty still works for miles away.

and it looks like the shotty still works for miles away.

I'm okay with that. The more the shotty competes with the Lancer the better

• Upvote (+1) 1

retro is coming back :intel:

mostly due to TC not wanting to not include it's design, it has been heavily rebalanced, sadly it's not in the beta so we cannot tell how it plays now

fuck gamespot,

bullshit like that is the reason why people believe that every games needs to follow the "industry standard"..

People who wants games to all be the same amaze me. I honestly don't get it? If there's a CoD, why do they want another CoD in a different skin? Same goes for everything else. There's no point in playing the same game twice. Let Gears of War be Gears of War god dammit.

So how does the Gears community like this game? From what I saw watching streams for a little while it doesn't look like they have been very 343 like and avoided adding too many pointless features/abilities. Could be wrong though. 

So how does the Gears community like this game? From what I saw watching streams for a little while it doesn't look like they have been very 343 like and avoided adding too many pointless features/abilities. Could be wrong though. 

I'd say those who like Gears 3 will love Gears 4 but I'm lurking the official forum sometimes and lots of people are unhappy with stuff like retro, nade tagging and I believe stopping power

Overall TC seems to be doing a much better job then 343 though, whenever they release a new interview they seem to not just have a much better understanding of Gears but they are also much more focussed on delivering a good gears experience rather then delivering just good modern gaming experience

I can see why people don't like wall tagging.

That being said, this will be nothing but am improvement off gears 3, and probably the best gears game. The snub needs a buff though. It's weird seeing a sequel to a game actually improve and not become fucking ******** for once

Just played the beta first time an hour ago.

You can active reload a full lancer clip with 1 bullet, noticed it's easily the most abusable thing so far.

Gnasher is perfect

Majority of players so far I've played don't have a clue how to play. Easy wins

I can't stand the movement, i like that the roadie is faster but shit feels so clunky and framerate drops don't help with shaky cam. Was hoping for Gears 1 movement but with wall cancel.