CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

I have not tried competitive playlist yet since I wanted to wait for everyone else to go in with a full team but played some social today. I have gone 18-0 with a duo partner just ripping up so many noobs.

So many people are playing and so many seem to be new to the game it's kinda unfair lol. I probably need to switch over.

I have not tried competitive playlist yet since I wanted to wait for everyone else to go in with a full team but played some social today. I have gone 18-0 with a duo partner just ripping up so many noobs.

So many people are playing and so many seem to be new to the game it's kinda unfair lol. I probably need to switch over.

No. Please, continue to ruin my life at the game ahah

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the hell are guests allowed to play in ranked? How is it that you can play the same team over and over again in ranked? They really need to revert back to how Gears 3 did it...

Also, I swear the frame rate in co-op is choppier than the original :/

@@EagleBurn Did you forget you were playing Execution :kappa:

So far i love this game. Its frustrating but its good to learn something new and skillful.

Words cannot express how bad I am at this game.

I sucked bad my first few hours, but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Okay so I played for an hour or two and got my shit pushed in harder than I have in any video game my entire life. So that's cool.

Haha I feel you guys :)

As a Halo player I can just pick up games like CoD or Battlefield and be a god at it. But the skill doesnt really transfer to Gears.

Almost got goosed the first game but I am slowly getting back into form. I just love how clutch people can go in gears taking out 2 or 3 players by themself to save the match.

Love the game. if anyone wants to play ranked feel free to hit me up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Loving the game so far. Here are some changes I would personally like made however.

The first has to be the gnasher.

I dont know if you guys frequent the Gears of War official forums but there is a lot of debate on how the Gnasher works and should be tweaked. OG gears 1 had center screen shooting while Gears 3 had bullets shoot from the barrel. Right now it is so inconsistent from close range and its currently a hybrid system between the two, meaning the gnasher functions different depending on your range to the enemy. That is absolutely ridiculous imo and it just needs to stay consistent all throughout. I've always preferred barrel shooting but wouldnt mind it going back to pure CSS because that's how it was in the original. Hip firing in this game is all but worthless at the moment and way too frustrating to deal with. Watch this to see what I'm talking about.

Real ranks. GOW is still being held back by this awful true skill matchmaking that just really doesn't work. We need a visible working ranking system at launch and I hope this comes in GOW 4. These progressive levels that we get do not determine how good someone is but just shows how much time they have put in.

Sniping feels way too easy from what i remember. Maybe its the dedis actually working but I feel it could be toned down a bit because its been a lot easier to pull off headshots than before. Boomshot also feels way too weak and downs enemies more than execute. Shoot a rocket at someones feet when they are at the edge of cover and it virtually does nothing to them.

Some smaller gripes I have is the transparency between locust and cog. The game in general is a lot darker than the sequels and it can be hard to tell who is who at times. Maps do not properly rotate in social playlists like in Gears 3 and teams do not switch sides at all in social which is stupid. All the cool locust I used in gears 3 are now locked behind pre order bonuses and many cog characters are not returning for stupid skins like mechanic baird and farmer dizzy when we already have those guys in game. Bring back Tai, Barrick, Alicia. Also they should bring back a customize menu screen like gears 3 had where you can pick your characters and skins before put in a lobby. 

Overall though its nice to turn on my Xbox again and play something skillful. I've been having a blast and for the most part the coalition has done justice with this remake. I've enjoyed it a lot and just hope some of these issues get addressed, most importantly the gnasher.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Took me a minute to get back into the flow of things but I'm back to mashing on dudes again. Shit feels good man.

Rooftops doesn't work for King of the Hill at all.

Its awful. Especially when a hill moves into one of the warehouse buildings and a team takes control of it. Having one entrance into the hill is the dumbest idea.

Is there any problems with this or is it safe to get?

The shooting is a mix between gears 1 and gears 3 so it seems kind of random. Once you get used to it its not a big deal. Never crashes and works 100% better than mcc.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there any problems with this or is it safe to get?

It's 100% safe to get. The only problem I have is that the Gnasher and Boomshot are inconsistent at times, but everything else is near perfect for a remake of a stellar game.

Ok, thanks guys. Will get it soon, always love Gears games other than Judgment.

Joined a KoTH game where all this guy did on the other team was 2piece. First game he got 23 kills. Second game he got 7 kills. And third game he got 4 kills then backed out. hahaha shit is so easy to predict.

So I made this for a few friends starting out in Gears of war, we all know starting gears is hard and the gnasher has a high learning curb to get around. I figured if anyone wants to check it out to see if there is anything they didn't know, or something I missed, that'd be great. Hope this helped you in some way!

https://youtu.be/JUUB6gmqFGc

• Upvote (+1) 3

How are teams paired in competitive on Gears? Cause it seems like I'm always playing really good people when I suck.

How are teams paired in competitive on Gears? Cause it seems like I'm always playing really good people when I suck.

In competitive playlists its supposed to be true skill but we all know how that works out. If you're relatively new all I can say is to give it time so your skill sets in and hopefully you have more competitive games. Also higher levels do not mean you're playing good people.

One thing I wish the gears series would have is a visible working ranking system.

• Upvote (+1) 1