CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

No blocked IP's so I'm good to go :walshy:

It's been great so far! I'm getting my ass kicke most of the time but I'm getting back into the controlls slowly! Too bad I'm not at home at the weekend...

Is clip recording disabled while playing the beta? I just can take screenshots..

I didn't register for the beta but I got two messages from xbox live with codes. How did this happen?

I didn't register for the beta but I got two messages from xbox live with codes. How did this happen?

Preview members and people who have played Judgement are getting invites.

Preview members and people who have played Judgement are getting invites.

Not a preview member and I only remember playing 1-3. Idk but I'll take it haha.

Not a preview member and I only remember playing 1-3. Idk but I'll take it haha.

Odd, and yeah don't ask questions and just enjoy the beta!

Is clip recording disabled while playing the beta? I just can take screenshots..

yeah there is something wrong with it. I've gotten so many clips only to be disappointed that it didnt record anything

So, I get the beta downloaded, play two games, get booted back to the menu and am now stuck in an "initializing search" loop that kicks me constantly. Not only that, but it appears to have fucked my profile somehow, because MM in MCC and Titanfall is now acting up.

Phenomenal.

Also, the sniper taking time to settle and the Lancer getting nerfed is bullshit.

Don't think GoW gave you a virus to not connect to other games. XBL have been having issues since the press conference, it seems to be good now though. Also, restart the app when it takes longer than a minute to find a match.

yeah there is something wrong with it. I've gotten so many clips only to be disappointed that it didnt record anything

Clips are disabled in the beta, but not screenshots. Seems silly to do this with the beta being practically open and that they were broadcasting it on Twitch.

I'm just as bad as I remember!

Ditto. Just got into the beta yesterday and I got steam rolled the first game.

The beta feels ummm different than I remember gears one feeling. Grenade splash damage seems non existent, The gnasher seems wildly inconsistent and the sniper seems easier to use.

Also really not a fan of the enemy team highlighting. Ruins the need for map awareness. Would much prefer no enemy team highlighting and just have indicators for friendlies

I'm having a ton of fun with the beta so far. What does suck is remembering the cover system for GoW 1 wasn't great. Not sure if they're going to try to balance the weapons or leave them as they were in the original but the grenades need a major, major buff. Also the lancer needs a small accuracy buff. 

Its fucking great to be playing gears again though!

Hey if anyone wants a review of the beta in all it's sexy glory, check this video out. It's in depth as to what is good an bad about the beta! Pretty good game play too.

Bet ends tomorrow morning, I had a great time with it. The only major complaint I have is the glow players have when they're far away. Flanking is a vital tactic in Gears and the glow gives a handicap to players that are not paying attention enough. Always being aware of your surroundings was a useful skill in the first game.

The maps are perfect remakes, I enjoyed every one. Still not sure about the maps that were exclusive to the PC version, but that could be just because I'm not used to them. I'm glad that they added weapon skins and spotting. Nothing wrong with cosmetic variety and spotting is a great teamwork mechanic, especially for teams without mics. No party support for the beta was a huge disappointment though.

I did like how they rewarded a new weapon skin for playing each day for the full version and can't wait to use my Thrashball Cole skin on launch day. I enjoyed the beta more than I thought. In terms of multiplayer games releasing this year, Gears of War: UE is on top of my list.

I'm torn on whether or not I'll buy it. On one hand, I have Gears 1-3 on the 360, and since the entire first party catalog for it is going to be backwards compatible on the X1, I'd be able to play it on the X1 anyways, it wouldn't look too much better being only 1 generation ahead, and I could save my money or spend it on another game . On the other hand, this would look prettier, run better, have a more active MP community, and have the PC maps, and $40 isn't bad.

Beta changes - https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/news/beta-recap-and-upcoming-improvements

• Multiple fixes and tuning for the Gnasher Shotgun
  • Multiple fixes for Frag Grenades, Boomshot, and Torque Bow
  • Tuning for footstep audio and other sounds around a player
  • King of the Hill improvements, including ability for The Coalition to adjust more settings for competitive play
  • Removed active down from Active Reloaded Longshot sniper rifle and added/tuned active bonus for sniper bloom/aim
  • Bug fixes and tuning for skill-based matchmaking
  • Tuned red/blue colours for team shaders (Locust/COG)
  • Improved look of blood and gore in gameplay
  • Improved game performance to reduce screen tearing
  • Bug fixes and tuning for Controller Sensitivity Settings
  • Various bug fixes on maps, weapons, matchmaking, audio, and controls
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with all of those except "Tuned red/blue colours for team sahders (Locust/COG)". I'm assuming this is talking about the glow, which shouldn't be tuned but removed entirely instead. It was dumb in Judgement and it's dumb now.

Still a great list of improvements though, especially the fixes for the Longshot active down and footstep audio. Can't wait for Aug. 25!

I enjoy what the head of The Coalition is saying. He seems to really know his audience.

Are the GoW books good? I havent read any of them but I'm hoping they devolve more into the story than the first 2 games. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Are the GoW books good? I havent read any of them but I'm hoping they devolve more into the story than the first 2 games. Could anyone enlighten me please?

Give them a try, I don't really remember any details (maybe i should read them again, been a long time since 2010..) but I read the first few and enjoyed them

The Gears of War: Ultimate Edition now comes with every GoW game in the series. $40 for 5 games!

dXJfp7d.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1