CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

I don't know if it was that the video just didn't do it justice but it looks exactly like it does on pc with everything turned up.

Gears is on the same boat as Halo 3. Higher resolution and some tweaks here and there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks like the Gears of War: Ultimate Edtion will have some extra flair to it

Weapon skins

2EDgdxG.jpg

Controller layout. LT is "Aim (Click to Mark Targets)", so it looks like spotting is in the game

eSHJ4VU.jpg

One of the few parts of MCC that was liked (map layout in loading screen) is in the GoW: UE

Hgc5Y3X.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is this supposed to be a remake of just Gears 1 or 1-3? Because 3 was by far my favorite to play.

Is this supposed to be a remake of just Gears 1 or 1-3? Because 3 was by far my favorite to play.

Just 1 supposedly

I'm excited to continue being horrible at the game. 

Ruining one team at a time!

So its just a gears 1 remake right? I hated 2/3/Judgement 

Will probably never touch MCC again once this is out

I would prefer to see a collection just like MCC (but..you know...in a working state..)

But even if it's just GoW1 it would be great!

There is a guy on Gears of War forums, saying that Gears of War 2 & 3 are coming as ports & has two sources.  While another guy iamironwolf said he has a contact with a playtester which he said gears 2 & 3 are coming.

I'm thinking it might be a unified MP taking the best bits out of Gears 1, 2 & 3

Gears-of-War-Ultimate-Edition_xboxdynastGears-of-War-Ultimate-Edition_xboxdynast

Could be real, could be fake, I don't know...

They are comming from this Twitter

Thats fake, well not exactly fake, its Gears of War PC in 4k resolution. A remake would look completely different. 

I'm thinking it might be a unified MP taking the best bits out of Gears 1, 2 & 3

That would be an rather...interesting approach.

We know that they will include skins but would stuff like retro count as a "best bit"? If so, wouldn't that piss off a lot of hardcore gears 1 fans?

That would be an rather...interesting approach.

We know that they will include skins but would stuff like retro count as a "best bit"? If so, wouldn't that piss off a lot of hardcore gears 1 fans?

the addition of TDM suggests that its taking that approach. As for best bits, i dont think it would mean weapons as "bests bits of the game"  at all, but game mode (TDM) and maybe all character & maps for instance.. but none of gears 3 mechanics & weapons would count imo.. focus is on the gears 1 stuff. the best bits would be more an extra content in addition to the gears 1 stuff imo.

Seen a forum post by the guy who said

also I'd like to point out, remastered & remake are both totally different things.. remastered is where the devs updates the graphical stuff of the game  & other minor improvements (lighting, textures etc) whereas a remake, is bringing the OG to the modern area  by making use of modern software & hardware while sticking to the story and improving on it as well as graphical update.

An example of a remake is Halo: CE anniversary

also with the addition of TDM & KOTH its definitely a remake than a mere remaster,

Wow.  The Gears games have aged beautifully, even Gow1 doesn't look  bad at all. Crazy how a great art style can preserve a game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I somewhat expect the gameplay to be different from how we remember it in Gears 1. I liked Gears 3 because it felt like Gears 1 gameplay with better graphics, and the good stuff from Gears 2. Hopefully it's another in between sort of thing. 

I think it's starting to look like we will get all 3 gow games by the end of the year. A gow 3 listing popped up. I'm gunna guess a complete package by Christmas and digital 1 and 2 to hold us over until then. Just a guess. Perfect game to come home to in November

I can't wait for them to say " all three gears, exactly as you remember.

I'm starting to think halo is done no matter how solid it is. Too many quality games coming out this year.

hypeee

It's odd that it says "Gears of War 3" and not "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition". Is there more to this or is that just a section of the game? Odd that they don't have a multiplayer map count on that info page with it coming out in August. I need to know the details! I can't wait a day!

It's odd that it says "Gears of War 3" and not "Gears of War: Ultimate Edition". Is there more to this or is that just a section of the game? Odd that they don't have a multiplayer map count on that info page with it coming out in August. I need to know the details! I can't wait a day!

Image was wrong, but the details in it leaked.