CyReN

Gear of War Discussion

The Gears of War: Ultimate Edition is all but confirmed. It's a remake of the first Gears of War, campaign and multiplayer. Many are playing a closed Alpha version of the game, and lucky for us, plenty of it has been leaked.

aMA8cvw.png

Footage & Comparison video

Screenshots

Weapon skins

2EDgdxG.jpg

Controller layout
eSHJ4VU.jpg

Map layout as loading screen
Hgc5Y3X.jpg

Rumors are that it will be 60fps, 1080p, and on dedicated servers. It's being developed by The Coalition and Splash Damage, and Plastic Wax are making the cutscenes. That and the footage/images is what we know so far. We'll hear everything at E3 in the Microsoft Press Conference on Monday, June 15 @ 9:30 am PDT.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

We'll hear everything at E3, but like the MCC rumors pre-E3 '14, a GoW1 remake is likely! Are you guys ready for the most competitive GoW to return in next-gen glory!? 

I would prefer to see a collection just like MCC (but..you know...in a working state..)

But even if it's just GoW1 it would be great!

Honestly, I liked Gears 3 a lot more than Gears 1, but if the game comes with dedicated servers on par with Gears 3's, I'm down for sure.

I would prefer to see a collection just like MCC (but..you know...in a working state..)

But even if it's just GoW1 it would be great!

Honestly, I like this. MCC's ambition to include four Halo games was probably a large reason for it's technical failures. I still would have preferred a Halo 2 only remake with all maps remastered, so I'm in full support of a GoW1 only remake

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly, I like this. MCC's ambition to include four Halo games was probably a large reason for it's technical failures. I still would have preferred a Halo 2 only remake with all maps remastered, so I'm in full support of a GoW1 only remake

If you're just interested in GoW 1 MP then I can understand!

I would love to play through Gears 1-3's single player on my XBO and I really don't want them to release one game after an other and charge me another 60$/70€ each other year..

After MCC MS should have lots of information about how to do such a collection properly and having to remaster games that are all from one console generation might make things a little bit easier?

So cutscenes are outsourced, wonder which portions of the game will also be outsourced. I know PCF (guys who made Judgment) is part of Epic now so it'll interesting. 

November 2016 this will be out, hopefully a GoW2 remaster follows in 2018 to make the game what it was supposed to be. 

I think it's a little early for a GoW remake. Would rather see a new GoW. Tho at the same time, releasing a GoW remake with campaign and MP isn't a terrible idea if they plan on releasing a new GoW in a couple of year.

I think it's a little early for a GoW remake. Would rather see a new GoW. Tho at the same time, releasing a GoW remake with campaign and MP isn't a terrible idea if they plan on releasing a new GoW in a couple of year.

It's been 10 years since GoW launched and Black Tusks is working on a new GoW, likely to release in Q4 2016

That was my feeling initially, but since it's a new studio I'd rather see what they can do and them learning from it than tackling a whole new Gears game, Halo & 343 could be a lesson for developers to not bite off more than you can chew ala Halo 5 & MCC.

Either way, new Gears.. I'm pumped.  

It's been 10 years since GoW launched and Black Tusks is working on a new GoW, likely to release in Q4 2016

Yeah i know, but i can actually still play online on my 360. I understand it's 10 years, but still. I'd wait. But like i said, since they're doing a reboot, might as well start with a remake.

That was my feeling initially, but since it's a new studio I'd rather see what they can do and them learning from it than tackling a whole new Gears game, Halo & 343 could be a lesson for developers to not bite off more than you can chew ala Halo 5 & MCC.

Either way, new Gears.. I'm pumped.

Yeah that's what i was sort of thinking when i said "tho".

343i is just bad lol I'm sure MSFT could bring in a better team. Unless MSFT is equally as bad... they kinda are

Could be real, could be fake, I don't know...

They are comming from this Twitter

The quality of the pics are too low. It's impossible to tell if it's the GoW: Ultimate Edition or just someone who changed up the filters on the PC version.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im gonna play competitive gears if halo 5 doesnt work out. Whos with me?!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like they got taken down, anyone got a mirror or something? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks like they got taken down, anyone got a mirror or something? 

I can describe them for you. So it was on the Xbox One. This guy was playing as the Locusts. The game looked really pretty(Fancy lighting and marvelous textures). The guy was shooting. The other players weren't moving. The end.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can describe them for you. So it was on the Xbox One. This guy was playing as the Locusts. The game looked really pretty(Fancy lighting and marvelous textures). The guy was shooting. The other players weren't moving. The end.

Solid summary.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't know if it was that the video just didn't do it justice but it looks exactly like it does on pc with everything turned up.

You already know. To2 GoW: UE 2015

I guarantee H5 isn't going to work out. Unless they completely change everything from the beta and that includes redoing the maps i don't see that game being any good. Looks as messy as H4.

So GoW for you then lol