Proto

Official Iron Gaming Columbus 2014 Feedback Thread

I would love more listen ins during close matches and standoffs. I enjoy hearing how teams communicate during these. I think it was BtH vs optic and lock down and hearing how BtH was going to break the standoff was cool even though they failed.

The sudds arguing during the listen in was the best thing ever.. not even making fun of the sudds, I honestly love them, but if you were watching the stream when one of the sudds said "I'm gunna get a drink this is boring." I know you laughed out loud. 

Context: It was a standoff on lockdown and nothing was happening. A sudd got thirtsy, put his controller down, the other sudd yelled at him for putting his controller down, the opposing teams coach saw he wasnt playing and called it out to his team, thus ending the stand still.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Bravo and Golden boy are the best casters out of the bunch. It was nice to change it up with the pros casting but a lot of time they would just ramble on about things and not focus on what just happened in the game. There could be a very exciting moment and the pro would still be talking about some shit they brought up 10 mins ago. Bravo and GB know how to hype up what we are seeing and that is important in casting. A lot of the times a sports play dose not seam very exciting with out the caster going crazy over the play.

Honestly i like Goldenboy, but i think he needs to start playing and become somewhat of a competitor to understand and learn more about the game. It would make a better commentator. I think he still sounds a little uneducated in terms of competitive Halo.

I know he knows about some of the history of Halo and probably had long discussions with Bravo. From my understanding Goldenboy has been more of a CoD player. I'm assuming he played, but he was no 30 or 40 in MLG in H3.

The sudds arguing during the listen in was the best thing ever.. not even making fun of the sudds, I honestly love them, but if you were watching the stream when one of the sudds said "I'm gunna get a drink this is boring." I know you laughed out loud. 

Context: It was a standoff on lockdown and nothing was happening. A sudd got thirtsy, put his controller down, the other sudd yelled at him for putting his controller down, the opposing teams coach saw he wasnt playing and called it out to his team, thus ending the stand still.

I'd say that this is a good point in favour of using booths where possible. External factors such as being able to see what the other team's players are physically doing during a standoff or being able to hear live commentary (if it's ever accidentally broadcast to the venue as it was once at MLG) can cause players to make moves that they wouldn't make going purely from the knowledge gleaned from the game state at that point in time.

I am not sure if this was mentioned, but I am fairly certain that spectator passes were sold for this event. I didn't notice anyone checking passes at the door. Makes me feel like some people possibly may have been ripped off? Who knows.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'd say that this is a good point in favour of using booths where possible. External factors such as being able to see what the other team's players are physically doing during a standoff or being able to hear live commentary (if it's ever accidentally broadcast to the venue as it was once at MLG) can cause players to make moves that they wouldn't make going purely from the knowledge gleaned from the game state at that point in time.

I agree to an extent, at a recent COD event my friends team literally lost a match because the crowd and announcers freaked out during a ninja defuse and it caused the other team to check the bomb with about .1 seconds on the defuse.

Only reason I don't want booths is because aesthetically I think they look stupid, and I also loved hearing players go back and forth with (mature) trash talk. None of that AGL stuff. Booths really eliminate all trash talk because teams wont even know what is being said.

I wouldnt really use those number to be indicative of "Halo" - It pretty much was the power of just a single Nadeshot tweet. Afterwards it went right back down to 5-9k

yeah, I mean that's every tournament though. The peak is far from the average, usually because of a tweet or something like that. The current state of COD is that Optic has the viewers by far and is an entry point into the scene overall but that's actually good for COD and Halo. The fans migrate from there to the COD scene in general and now are getting exposed to Halo through that because Nadeshot and others tweet it out.

Optic being involved in our scene is great for us. A rising tide raises all ships.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watched on youtube, and the audio seemed low. Other than that, the technical side of things were fine.

I do wish there were more listen-ins with the teams. Commentators are cool, but there's too much. A lot of the best moments in big matches is just listening to the teams themselves.

I also wish they just used their names instead of their gamertags, but that's a minor problem

Another thing is that I feel like they switch POVs too much during a match. It would be enjoyable if they just stayed on one or two players a match, and then alternate teams like MLG used to