Axial v4.3

[bETA]

An original map forged and designed by Resivore aka Res.

Supported game types include Team Slayer, Capture the Flag, and King of the Hill.

4v4 recommended.

DOWNLOAD AXIAL V4.3

Loadout_zpsdff1e8be.png

Introduction

A map that I had initially been too afraid to release has flourished into something I am genuinely proud of. Featuring intense CTF game play and fast paced slayer, Axial is a blast to play on. I feel it's official release is looming...

Weapons

1x Rail Gun - 120s @ Bottom Green

1x Sniper Rifle - 120s @ Bottom Gold

1x Overshield - 120s @ Top Middle

4x Battle Rifle @ Red + Blue Pillars

2x Covenant Carbine @ Red + Blue Base

1x DMR @ Top Green

1x Light Rifle @ Top Gold

Screenshots

Note: Click to enlarge.

Overviews.

Overview_zpsd2db098f.png WeaponLayout_zpsf1e8cef8.png

Bases.

Base1_zpsc4a49235.png Base2_zps7bebbfc4.png

Gold.

Gold1_zps9e1081d5.png Gold2_zps5d53b1a2.png

Green.

Green1_zps6b7aa883.png Green2_zpsd527c67a.png

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really like it. I can see a little bit of Zealot in it.

Good job ^_^

I really like it. I can see a little bit of Zealot in it.

Good job ^_^

There's a little bit of Zealot in everything I forge T_T (It's a curse). 

Thanks!

Cool, might have to play this tonight :)

If you need a player I'll be on.

WITH a mic! Haha.

If you need a player I'll be on.

WITH a mic! Haha.

Haha alright, yeah sounds good!

Still not diggin the cyan. It just looks weird. Also, more weapons never hurt! There are only rifles by the looks of it.

I'll give it a dl though! You have some pretty impressive stuff!

Still not diggin the cyan. It just looks weird. Also, more weapons never hurt! There are only rifles by the looks of it.

I'll give it a dl though! You have some pretty impressive stuff!

Thanks!

As far as colors go, no competitive player will ever call it "cyan" so the only reasonable argument to remove it (argument being a lengthy call out) becomes null and void. I color my maps this way so as to not make them look like I whipped out my crayola crayons and scribbled on the outline of the blocks, if you know what I mean. The other colors give a map that effect IMO.

As for the weapons, I have a tendency to never put down weapons that I'd be incredibly frustrated when killed by. I'm really big on how MLG was in Reach, as well, where basically the only weapons on the map were needle rifles, dmr's, and power weapons. None of this boltshot, scattershot, suppressor garbage. I'm surprised I even bothered to put an AR on Epsilon. In any case, the game play felt fine without them, and ultimately not frustrating like it would be if I were getting melted by suppressors and bolt shots. ^^;

Thanks!

As far as colors go, no competitive player will ever call it "cyan" so the only reasonable argument to remove it (argument being a lengthy call out) becomes null and void. I color my maps this way so as to not make them look like I whipped out my crayola crayons and scribbled on the outline of the blocks, if you know what I mean. The other colors give a map that effect IMO.

As for the weapons, I have a tendency to never put down weapons that I'd be incredibly frustrated when killed by. I'm really big on how MLG was in Reach, as well, where basically the only weapons on the map were needle rifles, dmr's, and power weapons. None of this boltshot, scattershot, suppressor garbage. I'm surprised I even bothered to put an AR on Epsilon. In any case, the game play felt fine without them, and ultimately not frustrating like it would be if I were getting melted by suppressors and bolt shots. ^^;

I guess the cyan thing is just personal preference.  I like blue better.

I just like to include as many weapons as possible.  I obviously stick to rifles most of the time but I love picking up Boltshots and ARs because they definitely fit their niche.  My map only has 1 bs, 1 pp, 2 ARs, and 2 needles but they are there for those who really enjoy using them.  I respect your opinion but I choose to think differently.

This was a fun map...Nuff said.

Haha agreed... I messed around on it for like two full games just getting some jumps down. It's actually been super fun and I can't wait to play with a little less loneliness HAHA

• Upvote (+1) 1

I respect your opinion but I choose to think differently.

It's just what I've spent time around, really. If I were to put weapons that frustrate me when I get killed by them, I run the risk of hating my own map. And that's something no forger should have to experience. :)

This was a fun map...Nuff said.

Thanks! Let me know if you play it and any problems arise, I'm always looking to improve.

I messed around on it for like two full games just getting some jumps down.

Two whole games, huh? Lmao there's only like two jumps! Sorry bout that though, I should be available most other nights. :I good friend was in town.

It's just what I've spent time around, really. If I were to put weapons that frustrate me when I get killed by them, I run the risk of hating my own map. And that's something no forger should have to experience. :)

Thanks! Let me know if you play it and any problems arise, I'm always looking to improve.

Two whole games, huh? Lmao there's only like two jumps! Sorry bout that though, I should be available most other nights. :I good friend was in town.

It's all good. We shall play lata.

You are welcome......and, I did play it.......Played it with you and 6 others.

Options/Opinions:

Cyan made Blue would definitely be a good idea.. Adding Cyan somewhere else though if you'd like.

Weapon choices are perfect...maybe flipping Rail and Snipe.(which isn't necessary..) but maybe just to see how it plays...May change flow to Orange over Lime..

Or adding reasons to go to bottom mid..

Also... I love how you implement the Tri-brace thing (not sure what the actual item is called)with Extraction Decals as Jumps, it's unique and looks perfect with this and your other maps.. :D

This map is Top 2 Favorite for Capture the Flag.. as of right meow..:3

• Upvote (+1) 1

You are welcome......and, I did play it.......Played it with you and 6 others.

Options/Opinions:

Cyan made Blue would definitely be a good idea.. Adding Cyan somewhere else though if you'd like.

Weapon choices are perfect...maybe flipping Rail and Snipe.(which isn't necessary..) but maybe just to see how it plays...May change flow to Orange over Lime..

Or adding reasons to go to bottom mid..

Also... I love how you implement the Tri-brace thing (not sure what the actual item is called)with Extraction Decals as Jumps, it's unique and looks perfect with this and your other maps.. :D

This map is Top 2 Favorite for Capture the Flag.. as of right meow..:3

Oh yeah, sorry I don't remember all of the tags I play with, for all I know JFC could end up being a bunch of people's prefixes. Sorry about that! :C

I actually like that weapon placement idea, I'll be looking into that for future updates. Green is already a place to push due to height advantage and easy OS access, while adding a sure-to-hit weapon like a sniper on gold would only increase incentive to push that side instead. I like it.

Thanks! I like using the extraction cylinders inside of the antennas for jumps because it makes the fact that the object is there for a jump up more prominent, rather than just straight aesthetics. Sometimes new maps can get players confused as to what they can and cannot jump on, and this is a great looking solution to aid that learning curve.

As for colors: 

This pretty much applies to all my maps: I use these colors because they look the best on this horribly ugly forge palette we've been given. I'm generally accepting of feedback when pertaining to game play aspects, but when it comes down to aesthetic quality I usually find that I can handle that bit on my own (not that I won't take suggestions, really, I don't want you guys to think I'm not listening because I am). You could argue that it does affect game play (via call outs), but truthfully, anyone who is adept in calling out would know to call "cyan" blue, "sea foam" green, and "orange" gold. I generally have a tendency to cater to more competitive players, as that's where my roots lie. That's why I'm so set upon leaving the colors they way they are; all the competitive players I know would just use the color call outs I mentioned moments ago. (I mean if 343 won't cater to competitive play, then someone has to, right? T_T).

As for putting cyan somewhere else, I generally think putting cyan on any map with blue on it is a terrible idea for the reasons stated above. Cyan = blue.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm legit sorry for not recognizing you ^^;

Oh yeah, sorry I don't remember all of the tags I play with, for all I know JFC could end up being a bunch of people's prefixes. Sorry about that! :C

I actually like that weapon placement idea, I'll be looking into that for future updates. Green is already a place to push due to height advantage and easy OS access, while adding a sure-to-hit weapon like a sniper on gold would only increase incentive to push that side instead. I like it.

Thanks! I like using the extraction cylinders inside of the antennas for jumps because it makes the fact that the object is there for a jump up more prominent, rather than just straight aesthetics. Sometimes new maps can get players confused as to what they can and cannot jump on, and this is a great looking solution to aid that learning curve.

As for colors: 

This pretty much applies to all my maps: I use these colors because they look the best on this horribly ugly forge palette we've been given. I'm generally accepting of feedback when pertaining to game play aspects, but when it comes down to aesthetic quality I usually find that I can handle that bit on my own (not that I won't take suggestions, really, I don't want you guys to think I'm not listening because I am). You could argue that it does affect game play (via call outs), but truthfully, anyone who is adept in calling out would know to call "cyan" blue, "sea foam" green, and "orange" gold. I generally have a tendency to cater to more competitive players, as that's where my roots lie. That's why I'm so set upon leaving the colors they way they are; all the competitive players I know would just use the color call outs I mentioned moments ago. (I mean if 343 won't cater to competitive play, then someone has to, right? T_T).

As for putting cyan somewhere else, I generally think putting cyan on any map with blue on it is a terrible idea for the reasons stated above. Cyan = blue.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm legit sorry for not recognizing you ^^;

It's fine, I knew you wouldn't haha.. My gamertag is unrecognizable just because people don't know how to make sense of it.. They just see JFC.. (GT: JFC YTRTHNU)...It's different from my username on here.. so, don't be sorry..

Now, 

Weapons: I'm in agreeance with them staying where they are at.. I suggest it just to see how it plays out.. Sniper on Gold pushes them to that side.. but, not a lot of people realize Railgun is at Orange at start.. Once, they get a footing on the map, they realize it's there..

Flipping them, I feel as though Sniper is more vulnerable over at Orange, and Railgun always has less ammo so it wouldn't matter about how much control you'd have on Lime with a Power Weapon like the Railgun. 

Another Issue I feel having Snipe on Lime is the constant hiding on Lime with Snipe.. Lime has a lot of cover.and gives a lot more control in my eyes to whoever has snipe on Lime

Colors: I understand where you are coming from about the colors...I read the earlier comments as well..

I feel as though Blue and Red are the given initials and that's the way they should remain. Although they don't have to color the map.. as long as you know which side is which you should be good to go..(For Example, on WaterWorks.. There was color on that map..but, you would know which side you were on just because the flags on the bases where colored Red or Blue..)

Cyan, would work on that map..Not sure where, maybe left out...but, Cyan is very similar to the Neutral color they made..I was gonna suggest the Mid Bridge but, it wouldn't matter.. Reason is no one would call out Cyan no matter..Still what it'd be is bridge..but its Neutral space why I suggested it.

Colors and Call-outs aren't really important..

I'm with you with the colors.. seeing Gold, Green and Purple is old.. Orange, Lime, Seafoam are a breathe of fresh air..

But, I (Like I said) feel it is best to have Red and Blue in a map..

(Also, 343 does cater to competitive play, it's just the Community doesn't see it that way...They are just lacking what everyone is expecting..)

Also, the Antenna jumps.. No one knew they were there til I pointed them out on my team.. LOL :D

Another thought I had while typing this is Middle/Bottom areas maybe have some incentive to move in those areas..

Map is good as is though.. I want to stress that so it's understood..

I'm with you with the colors.. seeing Gold, Green and Purple is old.. Orange, Lime, Seafoam are a breathe of fresh air..

But, I (Like I said) feel it is best to have Red and Blue in a map..

(Also, 343 does cater to competitive play, it's just the Community doesn't see it that way...They are just lacking what everyone is expecting..)

Also, the Antenna jumps.. No one knew they were there til I pointed them out on my team.. LOL :D

Another thought I had while typing this is Middle/Bottom areas maybe have some incentive to move in those areas..

Colors; honestly the red and blue thing is really just a preference. It doesn't affect game play whatsoever, so I'm not even remotely inclined to change it.

Not going to make my map thread a huge discussion on whether or not 343 caters to competitive play, but I definitely don't believe they do. (Sprint, no descoping, random ordinances. Yes, that's hella competitive).

The jumps, yeah, there's no way to make it look good and in place while making it obvious it's a jump. Putting those lights on there is just about as blatant as I can get without ruining the overall aesthetic quality of the map :C 

And honestly, I personally don't believe there should be incentive to move through the bottom of a map. Bottom is just one big escape route in my eyes, not somewhere someone should want to go (because... you really shouldn't). I don't want to incline players to make stupid decisions like hanging around bottom by placing something rewarding down there. It's like giving your dog a treat for shitting on the floor LOL.

Oops, double post :I forum made it look like I didn't post the first time my bad. 

Updated OP with v4.3.

Large changes include extreme alteration to gold and the addition of the KOTH game type.

Various tactical jumps added throughout. 

If anyone wants to play customs on this map feel free to message me.

GT: Mechonis

This is a solid map. It's well forged, there's plenty of room to fight, and your use of satellite antennae with extraction pieces is very different. Your tac jumps are also positioned well. 

The only things that stand out to me as far as improvement goes would be additional respawn points. I'd have to test it to see how your spawn system works though. 

It's on the roster!