Sign in to follow this  
Arena1999

Tell me about the advantages of Sprint.

Using the word adapt and being Srs is never a good idea around these parts.

Yeah you'll get fucking destroyed, when reach came out that was most hated word in the competitive community. Its the reason we hate the bungie.net and waypoint kids. 

This really is a pointless topic as it is subjective there are two completely different viewpoints as evident by the waypoint forums:

The first viewpoint and the correct viewpoint is that if a player say walks aimlessly directly down the middle of a open and large scale map such as blood glutch then there an idiot, who deserve to be killed as they arent playing strategically smart but rather like a toddler "i wonder what that noise i better go investigate ooooooh what a beautiful map, dont worry guys im coming to help" no one should be able to walk down a middle of a map unpunished blood glutch has plenty of cover for those who have a brain

However there is a second opinion: "sprint allows you to get to the action quicker" and (B) "it allows to escape situations where we would otherwise die" right so both of these are incorrect as yes sprint might get to a gun fight quicker but because everyone has sprint the engagement time doesn't change as any1 with a brain will flee when they are at a disadvantage thus SLOWING DOWN THE GAME and as for part (B) if you are in a situation when you should die then you are playing dumb you don't deserve a get out jail free card

However this argument could go on forever as there are gamers who like strategy, and outplaying an opponent (typically halo 1,2,3 fans) and then there are gamers who like aimless running around and shooting and nice shiney things (reach and halo 4 fans) but to answer the OP question they genuinely believe escaping a situation where they should die is a positive feature in the game as it prevents them dying every 2 seconds and allows them to run around aimlessly 

also im new so if i broke a rule i apologize, are you censored here like you are in waypoint forums where you cannot express your disappointment with 343 

This really is a pointless topic as it is subjective there are two completely different viewpoints as evident by the waypoint forums:

The first viewpoint and the correct viewpoint

Yeah thanks for stopping by.

EDIT: Wait, I'm confused.

Yeah you'll get fucking destroyed, when reach came out that was most hated word in the competitive community. Its the reason we hate the bungie.net and waypoint kids. 

I got raped with that post lol. 

the word adapt is cancerous in so many gaming communities. 

"it allows to escape situations where we would otherwise die" 

Not a sprint fan, but read this

From what I've researched if you are full speed sprint you will NOT be knocked out of sprint, but if we can't get no sprint, maybe we can get any damage taken always stops sprint, even if at already full speed.

From what I've researched if you are full speed sprint you will NOT be knocked out of sprint, but if we can't get no sprint, maybe we can get any damage taken always stops sprint, even if at already full speed.

Well that would address the sprint issue which plagued halo 4, also i think your shields do not re-charge whilst you are sprinting in h5 but i am not 100% sure on that.

those two features combined limit the damage sprint does to gameplay however it will still ruin maps as they inevitably have to be enlarged to support it thus making it less competitive

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well that would address the sprint issue which plagued halo 4, also i think your shields do not re-charge whilst you are sprinting in h5 but i am not 100% sure on that.

those two features combined limit the damage sprint does to gameplay however it will still ruin maps as they inevitably have to be enlarged to support it thus making it less competitive

I just dropped that there bc I see a big reason for not wanting sprint is people can get away who should have died. But he states there that will not be the case, because as soon as they try to sprint, assuming you can aim, they will be knocked out of sprint. This not only causes them to die, but also die easier because instead of returning fire and strafing they have lowered their weapon for no reason.

No sprint in the arena MP is what I am hoping for, but being able to knock anyone out of sprint at any time is a close second of mine.

No sprint in the arena MP is what I am hoping for, but being able to knock anyone out of sprint at any time is a close second of mine.

I think it is every1's second option lol 

I cannot understand the reasoning for it being implemented when it is so controversial it isnt essential if the maps are small and well laid out its only essential if the maps are enormous like in h4 (imagine adrift without sprint it would be hell)

343 needs to actually appease its fan base as they have done nothing but disappoint and continue to add features which are are just pointless (ground pound) 

Well you need to clarify...

"Become a member of the Adapters, a prestigious club growing to just over 8k!"

It is subject to change... Any moment now.

After three months being on that website, I see why people in these parts hate Waypoint.

This post made me want to check Waypoint forums out for the first time in a year or two, and I managed to find something interesting within 30 seconds.

0792264aaf6e05ef6f4bccbc7e2f9923.png

8f23cb60caabb3a8c0e272a4f82901da.png

9babf3b985e1c5778e94b6b5527563bf.png

I hate SWAT with a passion, but come on, this is just a different level of not understanding.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This post made me want to check Waypoint forums out for the first time in a year or two, and I managed to find something interesting within 30 seconds.

0792264aaf6e05ef6f4bccbc7e2f9923.png

8f23cb60caabb3a8c0e272a4f82901da.png

9babf3b985e1c5778e94b6b5527563bf.png

I hate SWAT with a passion, but come on, this is just a different level of not understanding.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

uhhhh im getting shivers thinking about waypoint i didnt last very long when the general conscious on those forums was that the AR was UNDER-POWERED and that halo 4 was a strategical master class im glad to see people here have a better understanding on what mechanics actually break core gameplay

If I assume that sprint HAS to be in the game (which apparently it does) and that we have already lost this fight then the question is how to integrate it. So much has been written on this already, but here are possible things that could be tested to help mitigate it. 

Positive attributes of sprint: fast forward function for big team battle maps, feels natural to be able to move faster in certain situations (these are the reasons I've seen for it, not saying I agree).

The biggest issues w/ sprint that have to be fixed: 1) lets people get away (encourages poor positioning); 2) wrecks map scale; 3) makes coordinating w/ team mates, tracking enemies impossible/difficult; 4) stupid that you have to keep mashing another button; 5) drop weapon when sprinting.  Proposed 343 fix - shields don't recharge, doesn't really do that much for 1, clearly from videos they haven't fixed 2, 3 will not be solved at all by this "fix", 4 is still an issue and 5 is in the game. 

So how do we keep it in but solve 1-5?  I think the best solution for 4x4 is to simply not scale the maps for it.  Render it useless via map design and leave it for big team battle, which most of us don't care about anyway.  This way, when you drop your weapon to sprint, you get wrecked by that mechanic on small maps and it becomes pointless to use it. 

Other possible ideas: 1) can't sprint unless you have full shields (still doesn't fix 3, makes 4 a little less of a problem, could still be problematic for 2, but see above - just don't accommodate sprint via map design). 2) When you sprint, you automatically explode when shot (OK, I'm out of ideas and am just screwing around at this point....)

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I assume that sprint HAS to be in the game (which apparently it does) and that we have already lost this fight then the question is how to integrate it. So much has been written on this already, but here are possible things that could be tested to help mitigate it. 

I am fairly certain that some dev stated that when shot, people in h5 are immediately taken out of sprint this combined with the fact your shields wont recharge while sprinting renders it useless as people should no longer be able to run away from engagements

Tbh the way id like to see it diminished is Ghandi's way where if you decide to sprint your health begins to decline making sprinting an actually intellectual decision as sprinting then has a clear con and punishes those who abuse it 

I've read JH's tweet re: being shot slowing you down but I've also seen H5 gameplay where it looks like you can still sprint away pretty readily, find a place to hide and charge up.  I'm reserving judgment on whether 343's solution works for this.  I don't think what they've proposed has changed the map scaling problem or the working w/ team mates problem, which I think gets too little attention.  Compare H1-3 w/ H4 in terms of trying to coordinate your actions w/ your team mates, particularly in random matchmaking, and I think it's very apparent that teamwork often breaks down w/ sprint: "faster game play" in terms of straight ahead movement is not always better, particularly for Halo.  I don't think 343's sprint solutions address this issue at all.

The problem isnt with the essence of sprint, the problem has been that consistantly the halo's that had sprint never had the other mechanics tweaked to balance it out.

The developers still to this day dont understand that sprint affects alot more then just being able to run away which essentially the problem.

When your making a Halo game the first thought should never be "what mechanics are popular games using and lets take those"....they throw whatever seems new and cool to the casuals in a game before testing it out to see if it works with what is already there.

Sprint affects maps, kill times, call outs, beatdown mechanics, map control....everything. In Halo 5 their way of balancing sprint is having you not be able to gain health back until you stop sprinting but even that doesnt work because if I'm half shields and I'm in a bad situation I will still choose to run back to my teammates to keep myself alive. That's what their not understanding but their trying to shove it down our throats when this will be the 3rd installment of sprint into a Halo game...not once....not twice but this is the THIRD time.

Think back to Reach....it took until the end of 2010-early 2011 for them to finally take out bloom and then it was a completely better game, hands down nobody can dispute that. We already took out sprint because it just didnt work.

Halo 4 they were like "we arent even gonna give these kids the option to take away sprint" and on top of that gave us no descoping in a competitive shooter which has to be the dumbest idea to date...whoever allowed that idea to go through must of never played a first person shooter game in their lives.

But sprint....yeh dont see it happening cause it just doesnt work with Halo. The sooner they realize that and stop trying to stuff it down our throats is the sooner Halo can slowly climb back to the top of the First Person Shooter fanbase