Sign in to follow this  
Arena1999

Tell me about the advantages of Sprint.

Oh well. sprints in the game. Adapt. At least it's being significantly nerfed from my understanding. Apparently You stop sprinting when you get shot. You shouldn't be able to sprint away if you're getting. Also your shield doesn't recharge.

Yes the map sizes have to adjust, but it doesn't look drastic. Midship looks pretty good.

Yes sprint isn't ideal and doesn't optimize the competitive aspect to the game, but there can still be a skill gap and it can still be competitive with or without sprint.

If it draws in more people to play the game then i think that's a good thing. Especially with it's nerfs, i don't think it's the worst thing.

So even if there is no good reason to have sprint in the game, if it's getting more people to play it, then that's your reason for sprint.

Yeah...getting more players that will leave the game after a few months.

Adapt? Halo 4 was such a success right?

Oh well. sprints in the game. Adapt. At least it's being significantly nerfed from my understanding. Apparently You stop sprinting when you get shot. You shouldn't be able to sprint away if you're getting. Also your shield doesn't recharge.

Yes the map sizes have to adjust, but it doesn't look drastic. Midship looks pretty good.

Yes sprint isn't ideal and doesn't optimize the competitive aspect to the game, but there can still be a skill gap and it can still be competitive with or without sprint.

If it draws in more people to play the game then i think that's a good thing. Especially with it's nerfs, i don't think it's the worst thing.

So even if there is no good reason to have sprint in the game, if it's getting more people to play it, then that's your reason for sprint.

Oh well. Adapting is not going to change our opinions, learn to accept that.

Yes, I am aware of its nerfs.

No, adding in a mechanic that seldom works in Shooters will not attract more people. Halo: Reach and 4 established this.

Midship's size should not be increase. It is ridiculous that one of the best maps in Halo have to accomondate this pointless gimmick.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone likes sprint, it literally can only be for any of these reasons:

- Even though they enjoy the game less due to sprint, they assume it's good because on the surface sprint sounds very positive (this was me during the first couple of weeks of Halo 4)

- They enjoy the feeling of top speed only being accessible in bursts due to the illusion of speed it can give to some people

- They feel better when all their FPS games share mostly the same mechanics, because it's easier to move between games that way. They literally value consistency between games above variety

The reason you'll almost never see these reasons listed honestly by a sprint fan is because they know that these aren't good enough reasons to put a mechanic into Halo. I'd have more respect for a sprint fan who listed one of these honest reasons, even though I'd still kindly point out why it wasn't a good enough reason for it to be in the game.

Lol.

Advantages:

-Makes the campaign feel much smoother and makes crossing larger areas more bearable.

-In BTB it allows you to get back into the action quicker when there isn't a vehicle available.

This is why I don't understand why they can't add sprint into campaign and the larger halo gametypes that feature blood gulch-esque style maps, and leave sprint out of the 4v4 playlist.  If they are separating the 4v4 into its own "arena multiplayer" component, then give us the smaller maps of H2 without the sprint.

This is the best compromise I can think of and I haven't seen anyone suggesting this.  It keeps the more casual gamers happy by giving them their friendly neighborhood sprinting mechanic while giving Halo veterans what they want out of the game. 

It boggles the mind at the amount of work and (seemingly, from the post by Josh in the H5G thread) thought that goes into just balancing a mechanic that in all intents and purposes should not be in the 4v4 playlist.  Would save everyone, including the developers, a lot of headache.  Listening to how they balanced it with the shields not regenning and you getting stopped from sprinting if you are trying to run away from the fight makes me question why it's in the 4v4 list in the first place.  The only thing it looks like it will do (and has done) is make the maps bigger, which is unnecessary.

IDK, just rambling. But TLDR: I think the best compromise is sprint in campaign/BTB playlists, no sprint and smaller maps in the 4v4 arena multiplayer.

EDIT: also forgot to mention that this is also a much more reasonable suggestion for the team at 343i to implement.

More variability in a combat encounter. That's it. That's also why TP is 10x better than sprint could ever be.

So far there is no empirical evidence to support this assertion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No, adding in a mechanic that seldom works in Shooters will not attract more people. Halo: Reach and 4 established this.

Midship's size should not be increase. It is ridiculous that one of the best maps in Halo have to accomondate this pointless gimmick.

Halo 4 was criticized by the mainstream for being too much like old Halo.

Almost every review of the Master Chief Collection mentioned how weird and old-fashioned it felt to not be able to sprint in the first three games.

You guys freak out at the smallest changes, but most people want 100x more drastic changes.

Sprint adds what a reloading mechanic does: a physical tradeoff based on a realistic model of how something works.  Halo could have been balanced to work without reloading, and removing that mechanic would have made the game simpler, and cut down on the amount of time the player is unable to shoot.  It allows you to reload without throwing out what's left in the mag, because it's balanced to allow players to easily reset to equal footing in terms of firable shots.

You accept it without question, not because it is the most efficient and simple form of design (it isn't), but because it is something you're used to, you're comfortable with, it feels grounded in the game world, and you are used to it being a factor in Halo's combat.

Games are not about reaching an objectively efficient form of conveying abstract types of gameplay.  Maybe that is the kind of game you're into, but Halo has never been that.  Halo has always been a simulation of a set of easily understandable actions designed to immerse players in the fantasy of being a futuristic soldier.  When a designer blogged about balancing plasma stun and invis mechanics in Halo 1, he repeatedly brought up how he took his inspiration from how he imagined Covenant technology would work, and how they would use it.

Everything about Halo is based on communicating a fantasy.  People who like Halo like it for some part of how it communicates that fantasy.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to solely enjoy gameplay mechanics without any of their context, because in that case you're just talking about code interacting with code.  A programmer can appreciate code, but they can't enjoy the result of it without comprehending any of the context of what it is.

Even a game about controlling a blue dot on a black background to dodge asteroids is only possible for a human to appreciate if they can understand and enjoy the concept on a basic level.

EVERY game mechanic is arbitrary, EVERY game mechanic doesn't need to exist.  But humans tend to enjoy ones that play into easily relatable fantasies, so most big budget games are specifically designed around adapting said fantasies into a balanced and interesting structure.

ALL THAT SAID, it is perfectly valid to fall in love with a certain set of mechanics, and to not be interested in more complex or simply different versions of them.  Thing is, time is fleeting, expectations change, and people want what is old to feel new again.  That's just the way things go, and spending all your time obsessing over it isn't going to change that.  Don't continue to occasionally hook up with your ex after you've fallen out of love with them, go find someone new.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

No making a shitty game will not attract more people. Reach and H4 established that. You can't look at Reach and H4 then come to the conclusion that it's sole reason for being a fail was due to sprint. It's a combination of things and the way they were implemented.

Sprint should not be the same issue as it was in H4 or in Reach with it's nerfs. People keep saying "you shouldn't be able to get away by just sprinting away". Well you stop sprinting when you're getting shot so why are still talking about it? Why i am i not hearing "well at least you do stop sprinting"?

So midship's size has been slightly increased. HOW TERRIBLE. The game is for sure gonna suck now because midship is a little different than what we are used to.

I've stopped following Halo for a bit now. Reach and H4 were my reasons for that. So i decided to just play FGs and forget about Halo for the time being. Anyways SF has features in the game that consider to be "cheap" or noob, but they still play the game and it's still very competitive regardless of these certain features. Which is why i'm saying adapt. SF doesn't sell as well as Halo yet SF has more people attending tournaments and more spectators. Take a lesson from the FGC, adapt.

If the game still manages to have a skill gap with sprint in the game, i don't have a problem with it.

It's kind of ironic. You're telling me to accept that your opinion won't change when you're the one who has to accept that sprint will be in the game regardless of your opinion. In the end you're the who's going to have to deal with it. 

c1c24cb50621f3ce3a95a549fcd65149.jpg

Yeah...getting more players that will leave the game after a few months.

Adapt? Halo 4 was such a success right?

You're saying that as if it's going to be the same story. This game looks wayyyyyyyy better than H4 lol.

You'd think because the competitive community is full of people who are aware of changes like base speed movement, that you'd know, just because you saw sprint in one game doesn't mean it's going to be the same in another game. Which in this case it isn't.

I'm going to say thing many times on this forum it seems. With sprint being nerfed, i don't think it's that big of an issue and what the community should be concentrating on is how to make what's already in the game better. Telling them to completely remove it isn't going to help.

• Downvote (-1) 2

So far there is no empirical evidence to support this assertion.

I said a few things. Not sure what you're commenting on.

Lol.

I did the same thing when i saw the Halo's viewer count compared to Capcom Cups. It's not meant to be take as a shot towards Halo or the community. It's reality. Halo needs more spectators and more competitors in order for Halo to thrive and survive.

I'm not saying to keep sprint in or that's a good thing to have it, but again 343i is putting in sprint regardless of your opinion on it. The difference between myself and those who are against sprint is that i'm just trying to at things on the positive side while everyone continues to focus on the glass being half empty instead of being half full. I'm also aware, it's ideal to have the glass full when you're thirsty, but when you're stuck in the desert and dehydrated, you take what you can get.

No making a shitty game will not attract more people. Reach and H4 established that. You can't look at Reach and H4 then come to the conclusion that it's sole reason for being a fail was due to sprint. It's a combination of things and the way they were implemented.

Sprint should not be the same issue as it was in H4 or in Reach with it's nerfs. People keep saying "you shouldn't be able to get away by just sprinting away". Well you stop sprinting when you're getting shot so why are still talking about it? Why i am i not hearing "well at least you do stop sprinting"?

So midship's size has been slightly increased. HOW TERRIBLE. The game is for sure gonna suck now because midship is a little different than what we are used to.

I've stopped following Halo for a bit now. Reach and H4 were my reasons for that. So i decided to just play FGs and forget about Halo for the time being. Anyways SF has features in the game that consider to be "cheap" or noob, but they still play the game and it's still very competitive regardless of these certain features. Which is why i'm saying adapt. SF doesn't sell as well as Halo yet SF has more people attending tournaments and more spectators. Take a lesson from the FGC, adapt.

If the game still manages to have a skill gap with sprint in the game, i don't have a problem with it.

It's kind of ironic. You're telling me to accept that your opinion won't change when you're the one who has to accept that sprint will be in the game regardless of your opinion. In the end you're the who's going to have to deal with it.

Fair enough

It doesn't matter if sprint is balanced. It doesn't have a place in Halo in the first place. You only stop sprinting if you aren't at top speed not to mention using the thruster to get away. Now you have two escape mechanics, slowing kill times and gameplay even more.

Midship isn't "slightly" bigger. Its huge, the map doesn't even play the same anymore. Sightlines are no where near the same as they use to be and combat now becomes focus in certain areas instead of being able to engage at any part of the map.

We care about sprint because of how it drastically changes gameplay, I don't think I need to expand upon this CursedLemon covered it pretty well. If we wanted sprint we would have played a different game. Sprint was something that no one asked for in the first place, now 343i is just keeping because people expect it, great logic.

I don't care if you accept our opinions, I want you to understand them and see why we don't want/like sprint. Telling us to "adapt" doesn't help us when we can use the same logic on you if they happen to remove sprint. Its a stupid argument.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach and 4 failed as Halo games because they introduced AA's, Loadouts, Perks, etc. I doubt anyone just hated those two games just because of Sprint.

That is because people are discussing the issues with Sprint from Halo 4 and Reach, not Halo 5.

You obviously have not seen how big the map, and that "slight" increase in size makes a bigger difference than you care to believe. Also, stop putting words into my mouth. It is not helping your argument.

I doubt it will have a skill-gap with Sprint because it has bigger issues than people just running away (at least there will be less of it).

No, actually, it is not. You came to my thread and told me to adapt to something that I have been doing for four years. In just because Sprint is in the game, does not mean that I am not allowed to express my opinion on it. At the end of the day, you, are the one that has to deal with it because adapting to Sprint is not going to have any goddamn effect on the debate. People will still criticism Sprint, and there is nothing you can do about it. So saying "adapt" is pointless and makes you come off as a prick.

Fair enough

It doesn't matter if sprint is balanced. It doesn't have a place in Halo in the first place. You only stop sprinting if you aren't at top speed not to mention using the thruster to get away. Now you have two escape mechanics, slowing kill times and gameplay even more.

Midship isn't "slightly" bigger. Its huge, the map doesn't even play the same anymore. Sightlines are no where near the same as they use to be and combat now becomes focus in certain areas instead of being able to engage at any part of the map.

We care about sprint because of how it drastically changes gameplay, I don't think I need to expand upon this CursedLemon covered it pretty well. If we wanted sprint we would have played a different game. Sprint was something that no one asked for in the first place, now 343i is just keeping because people expect it, great logic.

I don't care if you accept our opinions, I want you to understand them and see why we don't want/like sprint. Telling us to "adapt" doesn't help us when we can use the same logic on you if they happen to remove sprint. Its a stupid argument.

Sorry you think it's a stupid argument, but it's the truth. You're gonna have to adapt or frig off. It's your only options. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, but in order to progress we need to accept reality. I've accepted that reality a while ago which is why i'm no longer one of those people who are complaining about sprint. I used to be one of those people. Now i have a different perspective on the series.

If we accept these changes we can work together on making a new, better Halo(at least better than H4) than what we've had previously. It might be different from Halo:CE, but that doesn't mean that it has to be a bad thing. If we talked about how we could improve on these changes instead trying to have them removed( becausethat's not going to happen), we could possibly have a decent game.

That's kind of dumb that it only works if you're just starting to sprint. You should be taken out of sprint at anytime when being shot at.

Well yeah, the map is gonna be different, there's different mechanics. But is the map complete shit now because of these changes? Are you focusing more on what's being changed or the game play itself?

Sorry you think it's a stupid argument, but it's the truth. You're gonna have to adapt or frig off. It's your only options. I'm not trying to be the bad guy, but in order to progress we need to accept reality. I've accepted that reality a while ago which is why i'm no longer one of those people who are complaining about sprint. I used to be one of those people. Now i have a different perspective on series.

If we accept these changes we can work together on making a new, better Halo(at least better than H4) than what we've had previously. It might be different from Halo:CE, but that doesn't mean that it has to be a bad thing. If we talked about how we could improve on these changes instead trying to have them removed( becausethat's not going to happen), we could possibly have a decent game.

That's kind of dumb that it only works if you're just starting to sprint. You should be taken out of sprint at anytime when being shot at.

Well yeah, the map is gonna be different, there's different mechanics. But is the map complete shit now because of these changes? Are you focusing more on what's being changed or the game play itself?

Oh how I wish I had your optimism.

In order to progress we need to accept these changes - these changes didnt work in H4 and wont work in H5

We can work together on making a new and better Halo - 343 has already made it clear they do not listen to us, aside from giving us a playlist we want or something cosmetic.  H5 literally adds more of the COD/Titanfall crap that no one here wanted.  343 listens?  Show me where that happens.  Im still waiting for those "competitive map packs" they promised for H4.

We could possibly have a decent game if we accept these changes/work together - We need to actually have a voice for that to happen, which we clearly do not have. Remember when everyone was like "They hired Bravo, he will save Halo - They hired former Halo Pro's, that means we are BACK!"  Yup... nope

The recipe they have chosen to go with, is only further away from Halo.  I wish they wouldve just changed the name and started a whole new franchise.  Instead they just continually discredit the history and credibility of "Halo"

Reach and 4 failed as Halo games because they introduced AA's, Loadouts, Perks, etc. I doubt anyone just hated those two games just because of Sprint.

That is because people are discussing the issues with Sprint from Halo 4 and Reach, not Halo 5.

You obviously have not seen how big the map, and that "slight" increase in size makes a bigger difference than you care to believe. Also, stop putting words into my mouth. It is not helping your argument.

I doubt it will have a skill-gap with Sprint because it has bigger issues than people just running away (at least there will be less of it).

No, actually, it is not. You came to my thread and told me to adapt to something that I have been doing for four years. In just because Sprint is in the game, does not mean that I am not allowed to express my opinion on it. At the end of the day, you, are the one that has to deal with it because adapting to Sprint is not going to have any goddamn effect on the debate. People will still criticism Sprint, and there is nothing you can do about it. So saying "adapt" is pointless and makes you come off as a prick.

You seem offended. I haven't said your ideas are dumb, i just think complaining about sprint being in the game isn't going to help. It's also not the first time there's been a thread about sprint.

Like i said, it's a combination of things that were the reasons for Reach and H4 being such a fail. That's something we can agree on. The point i'm making with that is that H5 and H4 aren't the same recipe. So i don't expect the same results. Although i absolutely am considering that the game can be shit like the last one. But just from watching the game play, it looks like a better time.

I've watched game play. Looked smaller than The Pit which was one of the bigger maps we used on the circuit. So it can't be THAT big.

What words have i put in your mouth?

I've just been told that you only stop sprinting when being shot if you're not at top speed yet. Which is disappointing. I'm far more content with sprint being in the game if you stop sprinting regardless of what speed you're at when being shot.

I don't have to deal with it. I'm not the one who's emotionally invested in this franchise anymore. I found a new and more/better(imo it's better) competitive game to play and that's Street Fighter. Halo is still my go-to when it comes to FPS games though. I'm not one who has to deal with Halo being a shit game again. It's definitely you who's going to have to do with it.

It doesn't look like it's going to be a terrible game and there's still MCC to play. It's not nearly as bad as Reach and H4 which were the worst times as a Halo fan who played the MLG play list almost everyday on H3 and when Reach got ZBNS. So from that perspective i'm actually kinda stoked for Halo right now lol. Seeing all these complaints on here actually has been a downer.

I'm sorry it seems like i'm coming off as prink, but that's my advice. There are other shooters out there that you can play that are still highly competitive. A new Quake game is going to be a thing. As a Halo fan i'm stoked for that. I think saying "adapt" now is more appropriate then it was a couple of years ago or a year ago because we actually have something like MCC, dev support and H5 doesn't look awful, just different.

Oh how I wish I had your optimism.

In order to progress we need to accept these changes - these changes didnt work in H4 and wont work in H5

We can work together on making a new and better Halo - 343 has already made it clear they do not listen to us, aside from giving us a playlist we want or something cosmetic.  H5 literally adds more of the COD/Titanfall crap that no one here wanted.  343 listens?  Show me where that happens.  Im still waiting for those "competitive map packs" they promised for H4.

We could possibly have a decent game if we accept these changes/work together - We need to actually have a voice for that to happen, which we clearly do not have. Remember when everyone was like "They hired Bravo, he will save Halo - They hired former Halo Pro's, that means we are BACK!"  Yup... nope

The recipe they have chosen to go with, is only further away from Halo.  I wish they wouldve just changed the name and started a whole new franchise.  Instead they just continually discredit the history and credibility of "Halo"

It helps when you don't have to rely on Halo anymore. Like i said SF is my go-to game now.

i just back into the scene so i should apologize for some of my ignorance. But i thought the devs were listening more now? Yeah it's changed, but i still think they are keeping a lot of good from the past Halos.

I agree, i think they should have just started this as a new franchise. I think people would be more optimistic about this game if that were the case. I've got my memories of past Halo's and eventually i've get an X1 and buy MCC so i can relive those memories so i don't mind a new Halo experience. It still has shields, 4 shot BR, the melee system, arena-esque maps. I'm really okay with all this. Just as long as the game isn't as crazy as having no bleed through when it came to melee or over powered sprint. Hopefully sprint gets nerfed even more. I really think you should stop sprinting when being shot regardless of what speed you're at.

Everyone keeps saying CoD/Titanfall because they're popular shooters. But i see Crysis 2 the most when i see H5 and i really liked Crysis 2. As someone who was pretty good at shooters at the time i actually felt empowering, better than the other players based off my experience with other shooters. The downside of the game was the map design and all the kill streaks. So maybe that's another reason i'm okay with H5 because it looks like a better Crysis 2.

Sorry you think it's a stupid argument, but it's the truth. You're gonna have to adapt or frig off. It's your only options. 

Uh huh. Just like we adapted to Armor Lock. Just like we adapted to vanilla Bloom. Just like we adapted to custom loadouts. Just like we adapted to PoD. All of which are no longer in.

Sprint is no different. 

Uh huh. Just like we adapted to Armor Lock. Just like we adapted to vanilla Bloom. Just like we adapted to custom loadouts. Just like we adapted to PoD. All of which are no longer in.

Sprint is no different.

There's no point in arguing with the statement. There's room for discussion, but you don't have much of an option. You can either play and the game and enjoy it, play the game and not enjoy it or not enjoy the game and not play it.

I said this already, but i think saying "adapt" is more appropriate than it was when reach and H4 were a thing. Because we have MCC, we have a lot more dev support than we've ever had. It's not the same situation. You don't need H5 anyways to grow. Melee had over 100k viewers at EVO and that's for the Gamecube. If you want Halo to succeed you're just gonna have to adapt and support the shit out of it. Like i said at least the devs are supporting tournaments. Which is something we've been asking for, for a long time.

I'm being talked to like i didn't go through this shit either. I was there a long with MLG, THC and a little bit of Beyond when Halo was going to shit. I've been through i know what's up from that perspective. Times are changing though. It sucks, but it is what it is.

You seem offended. I haven't said your ideas are dumb, i just think complaining about sprint being in the game isn't going to help. It's also not the first time there's been a thread about sprint.

Like i said, it's a combination of things that were the reasons for Reach and H4 being such a fail. That's something we can agree on. The point i'm making with that is that H5 and H4 aren't the same recipe. So i don't expect the same results. Although i absolutely am considering that the game can be shit like the last one. But just from watching the game play, it looks like a better time.

I've watched game play. Looked smaller than The Pit which was one of the bigger maps we used on the circuit. So it can't be THAT big.

What words have i put in your mouth?

I've just been told that you only stop sprinting when being shot if you're not at top speed yet. Which is disappointing. I'm far more content with sprint being in the game if you stop sprinting regardless of what speed you're at when being shot.

I don't have to deal with it. I'm not the one who's emotionally invested in this franchise anymore. I found a new and more/better(imo it's better) competitive game to play and that's Street Fighter. Halo is still my go-to when it comes to FPS games though. I'm not one who has to deal with Halo being a shit game again. It's definitely you who's going to have to do with it.

It doesn't look like it's going to be a terrible game and there's still MCC to play. It's not nearly as bad as Reach and H4 which were the worst times as a Halo fan who played the MLG play list almost everyday on H3 and when Reach got ZBNS. So from that perspective i'm actually kinda stoked for Halo right now lol. Seeing all these complaints on here actually has been a downer.

I'm sorry it seems like i'm coming off as prink, but that's my advice. There are other shooters out there that you can play that are still highly competitive. A new Quake game is going to be a thing. As a Halo fan i'm stoked for that. I think saying "adapt" now is more appropriate then it was a couple of years ago or a year ago because we actually have something like MCC, dev support and H5 doesn't look awful, just different.

Not offended, just tired of reading the same things over and over again, from here and Waypoint. What you call "complaining" could actually be constructive criticism, that is the sole reason why Sprint keeps getting nerfed.

Complaining was also the reason why Ordnancne, AAs, Loadouts (well, loadouts could still be in Halo 5 in some form) were confirmed to not be in Halo 5. And I know we both can agree that the game looks better than Reach and 4 combined.

But still, even if it was slightly increased, it would still make a big difference. Sprint is not the only movement mechanic that has to be accommodated in the maps.

At least we can confirm that Desprint is in the game, which was desperately needed since Reach.

I have no doubt that it will put nails in Reach and 4's coffins. 343i proved that they could write a decent story (but they still need some help with level designs in the A.I.), and it looks like they are keeping their promises.

Since I do not have the MCC yet, I am not willing to play a broken game right now. And I heard a game called, "Reflex" that is supposed to resemble Quake. So far, I have liked what I have seen about that game. And I still think the word is pointless and invalid because we have been adapting to change ever since 2004 (with the exceptions of sites such as www.halo2sucks.com).

Not offended, just tired of reading the same things over and over again, from here and Waypoint. What you call "complaining" could actually be constructive criticism, that is the sole reason why Sprint keeps getting nerfed.

Complaining was also the reason why Ordnancne, AAs, Loadouts (well, loadouts could still be in Halo 5 in some form) were confirmed to not be in Halo 5. And I know we both can agree that the game looks better than Reach and 4 combined.

But still, even if it was slightly increased, it would still make a big difference. Sprint is not the only movement mechanic that has to be accommodated in the maps.

At least we can confirm that Desprint is in the game, which was desperately needed since Reach.

I have no doubt that it will put nails in Reach and 4's coffins. 343i proved that they could write a decent story (but they still need some help with level designs in the A.I.), and it looks like they are keeping their promises.

Since I do not have the MCC yet, I am not willing to play a broken game right now. And I heard a game called, "Reflex" that is supposed to resemble Quake. So far, I have liked what I have seen about that game. And I still think the word is pointless and invalid because we have been adapting to change ever since 2004 (with the exceptions of sites such as www.halo2sucks.com).

I'm calling it complaining because it's not going to change anything. At least for this game. It's not very constructive to keep saying how idiotic it is for sprint to be in it. It's not going to help make this game any better. So why not try making this the best game it can be as it is and then worry about the next game after?

I'm not saying nothing is changed by sprint being in the game. I know there's going to be differences. I'm just saying the differences don't look that bad or a crazy difference.

"At least we can confirm desprint". That's what i mean about being more optimistic. Sprints not gonna leave the game, they've already put too much thought into how sprint is going to try and work. So yes it sucks sprints in the game, but for this game we've gotta accept that and figure out, can sprint work and how can we make it better? I think it's a possibility.

I don't have MCC either, nor do i have an X1(hoping to get one sometime in 2015). I've heard there's bugs and i'm not sure what they are, but i heard customs is a good time. I thought there was a Quake game coming out. I unno, haven't heard much since. Have you tried Murder Miners at all? I know it's not for everyone because of the block look, but it's a lot of fun. Population is a problem, but apparently they're making a MurderMinersX using the Unreal 4 engine. Could be good.

I'm calling it complaining because it's not going to change anything. At least for this game. It's not very constructive to keep saying how idiotic it is for sprint to be in it. It's not going to help make this game any better. So why not try making this the best game it can be as it is and then worry about the next game after?

I'm not saying nothing is changed by sprint being in the game. I know there's going to be differences. I'm just saying the differences don't look that bad or a crazy difference.

"At least we can confirm desprint". That's what i mean about being more optimistic. Sprints not gonna leave the game, they've already put too much thought into how sprint is going to try and work. So yes it sucks sprints in the game, but for this game we've gotta accept that and figure out, can sprint work and how can we make it better? I think it's a possibility.

I don't have MCC either, nor do i have an X1(hoping to get one sometime in 2015). I've heard there's bugs and i'm not sure what they are, but i heard customs is a good time. I thought there was a Quake game coming out. I unno, haven't heard much since. Have you tried Murder Miners at all? I know it's not for everyone because of the block look, but it's a lot of fun. Population is a problem, but apparently they're making a MurderMinersX using the Unreal 4 engine. Could be good.

At this point I totally agree. And I don't think that we are convincing anyone at 343, because their agenda appears to be to draw the CoD kids over to Halo. The ONLY thing that will change sprint is if they realize that their sales figures do not back up their actions with evidence of working as intended. If that happens, it is best to keep it fresh in their minds where they went wrong.

Because they are going wrong, and it will backfire.

Sure H5 may be a competitive shooter, but what does that mean for sales of H6? When the CoD kid that loves sprint realized H5 sprint is not sprint like they imagined, that ADS isn't ADS like they imagined, that they actually have to compete, what will they think?

I am getting to the point where I feel 343 is making a mistake trying to make a competitive shooter while trying to appeal to the casuals. They should be appealing only to the niche of players that really want to play Halo and nothing else and let the fan base fall in love with Halo all over again. Word of mouth and true arena style game play with all the intense tension and excitement will result in word of mouth and self advertising for 343.

The infrastructure for this self advertisement is there and growing. The only piece missing is a true arena game.