EagleBurn

Your Game of the Year and Most Anticipated Game of 2015?

Edit: Also forgot to mention. I'm hype for Hotline Miami 2. Played the shit out of the first one. Excited to check out the new levels and music.

I'm aware that selling out or not meeting expectations is a thing, but you can still look forward to a game or make sometime of judgement. 

Like as of right now the idea of a Battle Front 3 sounds exciting and i'm gonna roll with that. With the said i still have the idea in my head that it could suck and that i might not even buy it. Until i see that it sucks i'm gonna please myself with the idea that there could be a Star Wars game as popular as Battlefield, Halo, etc. And that it's still a possibility that it could be ruined by kill streaks, a ton of useless customization with loadouts. 

With games like Minecraft existing where you start up the game and just do whatever the game has to offer. I think that No Man's Sky will be amazing. I think there'a  good chance this game is going to be as amazing as it looks(unless they're hiding something).

Good point, but I just dealt with too many franchise betrayals over the past few decades.  Most of my favorite games and franchises ended up shooting me in the foot multiple times and the gun wounds went deeper and deeper.  Being an old school competitive gamer that goes back all the way to Quake 1, original Warcraft, and arcade SF II and MK.  What we competitive gamers from way back then have gone through is almost impossible to describe.  All the work and effort we put in pretty much amounted to nothing.  Even the Halo 1 competitive players haven't experienced near as much hurt as competitive gamers that came before.

Good point, but I just dealt with too many franchise betrayals over the past few decades.  Most of my favorite games and franchises ended up shooting me in the foot multiple times and the gun wounds went deeper and deeper.  Being an old school competitive gamer that goes back all the way to Quake 1, original Warcraft, and arcade SF II and MK.  What we competitive gamers from way back then have gone through is almost impossible to describe.  All the work and effort we put in pretty much amounted to nothing.  Even the Halo 1 competitive players haven't experienced near as much hurt as competitive gamers that came before.

Yeah i know what you mean. Well games are trying to be more accessible now. I'm okay that certain games won't be as competitive as the past games, but as long as they hold some type of challenge that can't be learned in 5 minutes i'm okay with that. 

I'm ware Sf4 isn't what Sf2 was, but SF4 is still very challenging and there's a lot depth to it compared to other competitive games and other FGs.

I'm also okay that generic campaigns like BF and CoD exist, but i'm also happy that games like the Dark Souls series(an the other From Software games) exist. 

You usually have a general idea of whether or not the game is going to be good or not by following the game and watching game play. So my feelings of game definitely can change during it's developing. That's what happened with Destiny. Initially i was STOKED, But the more and more info they released about the game, the less i was excited for it. But this well a head of the release date so i wasn't even choked or nothing. Just sucks it wasn't the game i initially thought it was going to be. Luckily No Man's Sky is going have something Destiny was going to have and that's being able to explore space and many planets.

I've actually missed a bunch of the games that probably would have topped my GOTY list (specifically Dragon Age).

Top 5:

1. Infamous: Second Son- It was my first must buy game of this console generation

2. Child of Light- A fantastic RPG with mechanics similar to Grandia II, one of my favorite Dreamcast games.

3. Destiny- First multiplayer game of this generation that was a must buy for me.

4. MCC- Very ambitious and is getting to be more and more fun as it continues to get fixed. Not a perfect launch, but it was absolutely the game I was most hyped for this year.

5. Tales of Xillia 2- My favorite rpg series

Honorable mention: Smash

Overall, not a strong year for games imo

I'm really excited for H5

Best FPS: Wolfenstein TNO

Best RPG: Dragon Age / Child of Light - Both are great games at different scales, but I could not get enough of CoL. 

I'm really looking forward to the Witcher 3.

I'm anticipating the release of Eternal Crusade - hopefully a game that can turn around all of the recent/upcoming shitty Warhammer 40,000 games that have previously been released, (that is not including my favorite game of all time, Dawn of War).

Routine is a first person horror exploration game set on an abandoned Moon Base. Your job is to find enough information to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

Features:

•  A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets other players may not!

•  There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma Death system that will keep you on the edge!

•  Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system… you must run, hide and survive!

•  An 80′s vision of the future that presents itself in audio and visuals!

•  Randomized environmental hazards, AI locations and useful aids.

•  Find floppy disks to upgrade your Cosmonaut Assistance Tool that will directly affect how your weapon reacts.

http://www.lunar-software.com/category/games/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Routine is a first person horror exploration game set on an abandoned Moon Base. Your job is to find enough information to uncover the truth behind the strange disappearance of everyone stationed on the Lunar Research Station.

Features:

•  A non linear experience lets you explore any part of the fully open Moon base and find out secrets other players may not!

•  There are no health packs or multiple lives, in Routine there is a Perma Death system that will keep you on the edge!

•  Be immersed with Full body awareness, Deadzone aiming, no HUD, no health bars or points system… you must run, hide and survive!

•  An 80′s vision of the future that presents itself in audio and visuals!

•  Randomized environmental hazards, AI locations and useful aids.

•  Find floppy disks to upgrade your Cosmonaut Assistance Tool that will directly affect how your weapon reacts.

http://www.lunar-software.com/category/games/

I saw the light..got freaked out....oh it's a robot.

But holy shit the ending..Can't wait XD

If it's randomized, hope it isn't repetitive like day light

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looking forward to finding out about zombies in black ops 3. Other than that I will only be getting FIFA, maybe madden, and H-Hour for PS4

This X100, haven't been sucked into a traditional-style RPG like this in a long time.

I'm not sure if you got around to beating your dragon age play through, but stick around after the credits roll. They pull a Marvel ;)

I saw the light..got freaked out....oh it's a robot.

But holy shit the ending..Can't wait XD

If it's randomized, hope it isn't repetitive like day light

Really like the whole look of the game. The description sounds as good as the trailer. 

Sounds like they've been working on this game for a while now. Apparently they've been working on this game since at least '13. 

I really like the horror/sci-fi genre. Shit going wrong in space is not only terrifying, but it;s an environment most of us wonder about, but will probably never personally get to experience. 

RE HD remake and Routine are the 2 horror games i'm most excited to play this year (if Routine comes out this year). 

Zelda wii U >>>>>

Dat beautiful open world.

Next on my list is Rise of the Tomb Raider

STAR FOX! My god it's taken nearly 17 years but it's finally coming. yisss

GOTY? We'll it's probably Generic modern game #244

My GOTY: Hearthstone

Anticipated: Battlefront, if it does come out. I am for some reason also psyched for the new RollerCoaster Tycoon ahahaha

I'm excited for the PS4 to be honest. 2015 is going to be a big year for Sony.

Features:

PS+

Share Play

Can rent games - I hope they give us the option to download the game instead of having to stream it.

Playstation Now

Exlcusives/console exclusives:

- No Man's Sky(PS4/PC)

- Blood Borne(PS4)

- Rime(PS4)

- Hotline Miami 2(PS4/PC)

- Until Dawn(PS4)

- The Tomorrow Children(PS4)

- Deep Down(PS4)

- Teraway Unfolded(PS4)

- Uncharted 4(PS4)

- Planet Side 2(PS4/PC)

I'm sure there's even more games coming out this year for Ps4(i think H-Hour is coming out this year), but that's still a pretty solid list.

There's the Ratchet and Clank movie. Kinda excited for it, not gonna lie. A lot of nostalgia for the franchise. Beat the shit out fo the first 3 games lol So much replay value.

PS4 has Ultra SF4. Now i can make the full transition if i really wanted and wouldn't have a need for my 360. But i'm sure there's more people who play on the 360 and i'd also have to buy a stick for the ps4.

PS4's got me covered.

I'm hoping the delay is because they made a new engine.

That would be sick I have a lot of faith in Bethesda

Next gen fallout is gonna be amazing

GOTY- Shadow of Mordor

Most Anticipated: Battlefront 3/ Uncharted 4

Most anticipated overall? Fallout 4. That game will be the game of forever

My game of the year of 2014 was Call of Duty: Ghosts and second place Titanfall.  :salt:

Anticipation: COD, Halo, BF, Doom, Destiny Comet, Titanfall 2...basically I have no idea at this point.