EagleBurn

Your Game of the Year and Most Anticipated Game of 2015?

What was your Game of the Year? Here's a reminder of the big titles that have released in 2014

Dark Souls II

Titanfall

Metal Gear V: Ground Zeroes

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Forza Horizon 2

Civilization: Beyond Earth

Sunset Overdrive

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

The Last of Us: Remastered

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Far Cry 4

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Alien: Isolation

Driveclub

The Crew

Project Spark

The Evil Within

Destiny

Outlast

Infamous: Second Son

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Watch Dogs

Banished

Trials Fusion

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze

South Park: Stick of Truth

The new Walking Dead episodes

The new Wolf Among Us episodes

Game of Thrones episodes

Here's a reminder of the big titles confirmed for 2015

Evolve

Halo 5: Guardians

Star Wars: Battlefront

Rainbow Six: Siege

The Division

Project CARS

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Quantum Break

Batman: Arkham Knight

Bloodborne

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

The Order: 1886

Mine

GoTY: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Morder

Anticipated game: Rainbow Six: Siege

GoTY: South Park Stick of Truth

Most Anticipated: BATTLEFRONT 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting so many years for Battlefront 3!

GOTY: Did not buy a single new release in 2014. Not even MCC

Most anticipated: H5 atm. Hoping 'The Division' doesn't completely shit the bed.

God a lot of those games in 2014 are awful. Hard to say lol.

I am looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront but I'm going to assume it will be nothing like the original so I have my doubts.

• Upvote (+1) 1

GOTY: Destiny

Anticipated:

1. Star Wars Battlefront. Been waiting over 7 years for a new one to come out. I played so much of Battlefront 2 for years back in the day.
  2. Halo 5: Always have been, and will be a Halo fan. Regardless off the actual games outcome online.

Bonus, most disappointed game from 2014: Titanfall

2 Way Tie for GotY: Southpark and Wolfenstein

Most Anticipated: Arkham Knight; I would pay money for a next gen Arkham Collection right now

The only games I purchased in 2014 where Titanfall, Destiny and MCC and they all disappointed. However, I am hyped for Rainbow Six: Siege. 

GOTY - so much potential, but few were such huge let down.

And there really isn't anything ground breaking in that list..except maybe...

I had to choose one, Stick of truth,

Anticipated - Division 

GOTY: Dragon Age. it was everything the fans wanted in a sequel.

Most Anticipated: The Witcher 3

• Upvote (+1) 1

GOTY: Assassins Creed Unity, Watch Dogs, WoW: WoD.

Most anticipated: Battlefront III or Rise of the Tomb Raider

Looking back at games this year actually makes me sad. 

Definitely would go with Dark Souls 2 or Stick of Truth as my game of the year, 

Love seeing people excited for Rainbow Six. The one game I was ever at the forefront of when it came to the competitive scene back with RS3 and RS3:BA. Siege won't be like those games, but I have high hopes for it. 

Battlefront 3 obviously will be an amazing experience as long as the keep it true to the originals. 

Halo 5 will be given all the opportunities in the world to be my game of next year. 

My GOTY for this year is the MCC(When it works). Just ordered Sunset Overdrive for $35 on Amazon, so hopefully that is as fun as it looks.

I'm skeptical about Halo 5, but if the beta in a couple weeks proves to be good, then it will be my most anticipated game.

I am interested in the next Battlefront, but I hope that DICE keeps it true to the originals(More specifically, Battlefront 1 due to overall better mechanics and maps in my opinion), doesn't screw it up by making it Battlefield with a Stat Wars skin.

Rainbow 6 Siege looks pretty fun, and I will most likely be picking it up, but if either of the above games are anything like I hope them to be, Rainbow 6 won't be where I'll be spending most of my time.

I didn't buy a single 2015 game this year (bought older games such as FE: Awakening...). Don't have next gen. Did get PM 3.5 so you can count that if you want >_>

Most anticipated is def SW:BFIII

GOTY: Dragon Age. it was everything the fans wanted in a sequel.

Most Anticipated: The Witcher 3

This X100, haven't been sucked into a traditional-style RPG like this in a long time.

GoTY:  MCC is a fanastic ambition, but not all of it works as well as it should. So I would pick either Halo MCC or The Last of Us Remastered because I have barely played any of the other games released this year, except for Destiny and Trials Fusion on the Xbox One. The Last of Us Remastered because of just how incredible the original game is, and that its updated for a better console.

Worse GoTY: I havent played a game this year that I actually hated, but I have seen gameplay of stupid games. Titanfall probably takes that spot. The last game I truly hated after enjoying only a part of it was Modern Warfare 3.

Most Anticipated Games of the Year for 2015: Halo 5: Guardians if its innovative enough and has a great story, Battlefront 3 :maven: , Rise of the Tomb Raider, Quantum Break maybe.

GOTY: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

Most Anticipated: Star Wars Batlefront

I know Mass Effect 4 hasn't been confirmed to be coming out next year but I'm pretty hyped for that I must say. 2015 should be a much better year for gaming than this year was.

GoTY: Far Cry 4

Most Anticipated: It used to be the Division, but I'm going to have to go with either the The Witcher 3 or Battlefront III.

GoTY: Either Dragon Age or Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.  Most anticipated: None.  I always assume since the past decade or two that every single game will either sell out to appease casual gamers or betray it's original audience to make a few more bucks.  I have learned to just assume the worst case scenario and wait and see how a game goes.

Best way to save money and time IMO.  Just play older PC games and older console games using emulators.  Problem solved and no heart breaks. I dealt with too many of them starting with the Ultima series when Origin Systems sold out to EA.  That was all the way back in the early/mid 90s.

Edit: Also forgot to mention. I'm hype for Hotline Miami 2. Played the shit out of the first one. Excited to check out the new levels and music.

GoTY: Either Dragon Age or Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor.  Most anticipated: None.  I always assume since the past decade or two that every single game will either sell out to appease casual gamers or betray it's original audience to make a few more bucks.  I have learned to just assume the worst case scenario and wait and see how a game goes.

Best way to save money and time IMO.  Just play older PC games and older console games using emulators.  Problem solved and no heart breaks. I dealt with too many of them starting with the Ultima series when Origin Systems sold out to EA.  That was all the way back in the early/mid 90s.

I'm aware that selling out or not meeting expectations is a thing, but you can still look forward to a game or make sometime of judgement. 

Like as of right now the idea of a Battle Front 3 sounds exciting and i'm gonna roll with that. With the said i still have the idea in my head that it could suck and that i might not even buy it. Until i see that it sucks i'm gonna please myself with the idea that there could be a Star Wars game as popular as Battlefield, Halo, etc. And that it's still a possibility that it could be ruined by kill streaks, a ton of useless customization with loadouts. 

With games like Minecraft existing where you start up the game and just do whatever the game has to offer. I think that No Man's Sky will be amazing. I think there'a  good chance this game is going to be as amazing as it looks(unless they're hiding something).