CyReN

DOOM Discussion

Is there an ETA release date? BETA date, maybe?

Haven't really ever played much Doom, but that footage reminded me a lot of Serious Sam.

they said to expect the release in spring of 2016

I'm expecting a surprise DOOM 4 tournament at quakecon because they literally made quake live limited to one tournament this year instead of the usual 2.  

From what we saw I prefer Quake a lot more because the movement is 1000 times better imo.

Strafejumping is the best system and feels so fluid I never want to switch back to other movement systems in AFPS.

Does anyone know if there's going to be co-op?

They mentioned a co-op survival mode, and considering how versatile the map tools look + mods, my bet is that there is going to be a good bunch of co-op content. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

From what we saw I prefer Quake a lot more because the movement is 1000 times better imo.

Strafejumping is the best system and feels so fluid I never want to switch back to other movement systems in AFPS.

Yea man, Quake movement at a high level takes more skill and execution than most modern day shooters IMO. Never felt anything as close to absolute freedom and unmatched adrenaline in a FPS than playing Q3 CMPA on duel servers back in the day. I really hope that with UT4 and a couple new Arena shooters revitalizing the genre that a Quake 5 will be in the works. I really love UT as a team game for TDM/CTF but Quake is the ultimate duel FPS and e-sports needs fast-paced DM games like Quake to counteract all the slow shit that is popular these days.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea man, Quake movement at a high level takes more skill and execution than most modern day shooters IMO. Never felt anything as close to absolute freedom and unmatched adrenaline in a FPS than playing Q3 CMPA on duel servers back in the day. I really hope that with UT4 and a couple new Arena shooters revitalizing the genre that a Quake 5 will be in the works. I really love UT as a team game for TDM/CTF but Quake is the ultimate duel FPS and e-sports needs fast-paced DM games like Quake to counteract all the slow shit that is popular these days.

Maybe id will revive Quake if they see success in Doom 4

Maybe id will revive Quake if they see success in Doom 4

Hopefully, but I wonder how long the development time of a new Quake will be considering DOOM 4 has been in development hell since at least 2008.

Hopefully, but I wonder how long the development time of a new Quake will be considering DOOM 4 has been in development hell since at least 2008.

Sooner better than later, so the pro scene has a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too after QL's recent mishaps and lack of support. I want ID to go all out on a new Quake for e-sports(because lets face it, thats where its going to get its longevity from and the main reason its still relevant today) like they never have before and revitalize the mod scene like Epic is doing with the UT4 mod marketplace and making their engine accessible to everyone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just hope that the guys who did the loadout update will never touch a new Quake game ever...

Yeah that's the only thing that worries me. the introduction of loadouts in QL makes me think that they will pull a 343 if they made a new game.

Sooner better than later, so the pro scene has a light at the end of the tunnel to look forward too after QL's recent mishaps and lack of support. I want ID to go all out on a new Quake for e-sports(because lets face it, thats where its going to get its longevity from and the main reason its still relevant today) like they never have before and revitalize the mod scene like Epic is doing with the UT4 mod marketplace and making their engine accessible to everyone.

The way id's development cycles has been going, it's "better later than never" for them now, up until Quake 3 they released a game a year(which is cray cray in itself). DOOM 3 took 4 years to make, then Rage was 7, and now DOOM 4 with 8. So, I doubt we'll see a new Quake any time soon. However, if they decide to just use idTech 6 for their next game(which is unlikely as id is id), the dev time could be a couple of years instead.

The way id's development cycles has been going, it's "better later than never" for them now, up until Quake 3 they released a game a year(which is cray cray in itself). DOOM 3 took 4 years to make, then Rage was 7, and now DOOM 4 with 8. So, I doubt we'll see a new Quake any time soon. However, if they decide to just use idTech 6 for their next game(which is unlikely as id is id), the dev time could be a couple of years instead.

Well sadly todays logic for games is: graphics > gameplay

People will never try a good Quake game if the graphics are not on modern standards even if the gameplay shits on every other shooter out there...

I actually think ql loadouts are fine and I was the one who blew up the whole loadout testing phase last year on esr. Ctf and duel are basically the same (no loadouts). Ffa and tdm pubs improved from a casual fun point of view in and the main competitions still use the old ql tdm settings. The main problem with ql is the business model. It's a subcription based game that limits non subcribers to a few maps they can play/vote on. danIt's missing features needed for a standard 2010 game.

They mentioned a co-op survival mode, and considering how versatile the map tools look + mods, my bet is that there is going to be a good bunch of co-op content.

Since Doom 3 came out for the Xbox and I saw that they had a co-op with system link I've always wanted to try it out(unless that was for MP? ). It's a fail that BFG didn't have online co-op.

So Polygon got the scoop on Doom's multiplayer...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/23/9027433/doom-4-multiplayer-preview-gameplay-loadouts-unlocks?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Includes customizable loadouts, equipment slots, a two weapon limit and a progression system. Yippee.

tumblr_ly6rvhx9AY1r7vxd0o1_400.gif

At least we still have UT4 to look forward to.

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/23/9027433/doom-4-multiplayer-preview-gameplay-loadouts-unlocks?utm_campaign=polygon&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Includes customizable loadouts, equipment slots, a two weapon limit and a progression system. Yippee.

Damn, iD really isn't the same as it used to be. I knew from the previews it was probably going to be bad(by Doom standards) but really?? So utterly dissapointed, they are so out of touch with their fan-base its ridiculous. At least we still got QuakeCon this weekend to remember the times when iD actually made good games....

• Upvote (+1) 1

6xwzwMW.jpg

Well, at least the single player looks fun...

It's pretty embarrassing that they don't know what a Revenant is.

People at Quakecon have been saying there's only a railgun as far as map pickups go.

• Upvote (+1) 1

6xwzwMW.jpg

Well, at least the single player looks fun...

Didn't really expect much out of the MP anyways. Looking forward to the SP more than the MP as it's always been it's beat aspect of the game.

You can thank CoD and video games going main stream for that