Black Picture

MCC, HALO 5, COMMUNITY OH MY!!!!

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the context is, you can run a great company or a shitty one. Besides fixing reach, almost everything 343i has done has been not only a disappointment, but has expedited the death of Halo. So I don't care about context or some random forum kid's opinion because here's the deal, it's all completely mother fucking irrelevant when at the end of the day, Halo is being destroyed right this very second and the kids who came back and have left again do not give a fuck about a nuanced perspective of why halo sucks now, they just know that halo sucks.

Actually, 343 Industries' "fixing" Halo Reach was also a disappointment, because it took them many months to create a custom gametype that had the changes.

I went to look to see if it was anything against the rules. so i decided to do it again. And no its not, this isn't a thoughtless post.

So you didn't like the feedback to your first post, so you posted it again?

insanity-source.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Time for people to be held accountable. Let's stop all this nonsense, who fucked up, who gave this the green light and so on.

There are two possibilities: Either these issues happened due to incompetence and huge oversights or they happened solely because of this completely unrealistic deadline. If so, who forced that date? Microsoft? The heads of 343?

Watch Bonnie Ross for instance starting at 2.05. She KNEW of the challenges that come with including all multiplayer modes into the MCC...I wonderrrrr what role she played in all this.

So you didn't like the feedback to your first post, so you posted it again?

hum, I got 4 pages and a discussion. alot better then a couple post with gifs then a delete.

hum, I got 4 pages and a discussion. alot better then a couple post with gifs then a delete.

Those same users don't want to repeat themselves. Your OP is sitting at -14 atm and the discussion in this thread is minimal while most are disagreeing with you heavily, and your argument has fallacies all over it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm kinda pissed the first thread was deleted because I made a funny comment and now I forget what it was

• Upvote (+1) 3

Those same users don't want to repeat themselves. Your OP is sitting at -14 atm and the discussion in this thread is minimal while most are disagreeing with you heavily, and your argument has fallacies all over it.

Most are disagreeing with him because most find it insane to believe that he can enjoy HMMC? Is it not allowed to enjoy a game nowadays just because it's broken but some things may still work? That in no way means he's being a fanboy. If thats your mindset then I'm sorry but this community is no more disrespectful then THC. So much for thinking this is anymore of a friendly community.

Hell compared to this entire thread...Both Bungie and Waypoint look more civil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Most are disagreeing with him because most find it insane to believe that he can enjoy HMMC? 

He's getting negged because he is talking to us like we are 10 year olds.

And the majority of his post isint about enjoying, its about giving 343 benefit of the doubt and voicing our opinions with Constructive CriticismTM  

Is it not allowed to enjoy a game nowadays just because it's broken but some things may still work? That in no way means he's being a fanboy. If thats your mindset then I'm sorry but this community is no more disrespectful then THC. S

-Complains that OP cant give opinions

-Bashes other peoples opinions.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to summarize this thread: OP makes some stupid analogy to buying soda from a gas station, claiming somehow $60 isn't a lot, then speaks for himself saying that he would personally have payed $60 for the Halo 5 Beta--like that proves anything. Then he resorts to the "do you know how hard game developing is???11" argument and even goes as low as to say "but Halo 2 was broken on release!!1"

I overall agree people should be constructive with their criticism, but damn what a stupid post. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have reduced setting up custom games or LANS since there would be less players. (BlackPicture you are a fool, you cant do LANS) Yes you can I'll post helpful hits on how to make it work easier later. Back to topic about shooting ourselves in the foot, instead of just 100% bad mouthing this to all my friends, I would just give them a heads up that the game is buggy, but fixable in due time and to wait it out.

Post links please.

(THEY CHANGED HALO CE!!! I CANT SHOOT RIGHT ANYMORE!!!) Ok Mr. "I used to throw a pig skin over a mountain back in my day". It's because you are used to playing split screen in halo CE vs having your own screen in MCC.

Wrong its because of bad netcode.

Watch the real game play and then you can compare it to COD. Comparing a COD hip fire you are all over the place vs H5 it still shoots the same as the other Halo's excluding Halo reach. "zoomed in/ADS" COD ADS slow your movement speed dramatically which makes strafing a joke. In halo you move just the same speed while hip firing! Lastly all there is left to it is the visuals, I mean come on people! It's Xbox One! Let Halo get the Xbox One treatment! Why would we want a cheesy screen effect from Xbox classic? What do i mean? I'll show you.

(ok ok I kinda get it, but what about sprint.....) These are my feelings on sprint, I like it to get into battle faster, but I hate it when someone makes a poor decision on their map placement, then can hurry and leave, nothing pisses me off more. So if you watch the videos of sprinting in halo 5 all I can say is THANK YOU 343!!! You guys are in the right direction with making sprint work! Halo 1 and Halo 2 don't bother me, but when I play Halo 2 anniversary sometimes I feel naked without it, anyways hopefully you get my point. 

You are a noob. Sprint is not halo. Search for threads on this forum about sprint and read up.  This is why are are getting flamed.

It is much easier to trash talk the game then it is to really put yourself out there with your own opinions. I've asked a lot of people why they feel the way they do about H5 and I haven't really gotten a great reply. I mainly run into a copy and paste that someone else had written....

Sprint and clamber nuf said.

Here are some pro players' (not 343 pro players) feedback so far.

Pros cannot be trusted.  Things have gotten very political now that the gaming industry is hiring pros.
Pro's Opinions on H4:

During Halo reach era the problem with it was you have the casual players that played out of the box match making. then you had the pro players playing MLG custom game types which was great but, it cut the halo player base in half, meaning you had people only wanting to play out of the box reach game types (ewww) and pro players wanting to play extremely different game types (jump, movement, gravity, and so on) which there was no middle ground like halo 1 or 2. it was so different and i feel that also hurt the fan base, it wasn't the same fan based. Now with H5 i feel like they are going back to make it the same game experience for everyone with little changes from casual play to competition. so which means what ever game type you play. the br will shoot the same, jump height will be the same, grenade throws will be the same. THIS IS A HUGE benefit for the community. bottom line we need to improve on the community which this will be a huge help for us! Just remember without a community there is no competition for tournaments. 

Good mechanics are good mechanics. They benefit the game in every gametype, tournament style or BTB. The issue with past halos like h3 for example is so much had to be changed to get the mechanics better for tournament style play. Hopefully less needs to be done in h5. Although like I mentioned before, sprint is dealbreaker. 

This video nails my feelings on halo 5:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

sorry I've been swapped  the last couple of days so i haven't been able to reply. so ill try to reply on a few with my strict time budget

He's getting negged because he is talking to us like we are 10 year olds.

And the majority of his post isint about enjoying, its about giving 343 benefit of the doubt and voicing our opinions with Constructive CriticismTM  

-Complains that OP cant give opinions
-Bashes other peoples opinions.

sorry if i came across that way but, I'm not. i was just trying to answer how i feel about some questions i hear a lot about. I am trying to enjoy halo. sorry about the disconnect on the way how i posted. but i could care less about my points. I already know my profile is going to get a bad rep due to me not hoping on the band wagon on how everyone feels about halo. 

I'm going to summarize this thread: OP makes some stupid analogy to buying soda from a gas station, claiming somehow $60 isn't a lot, then speaks for himself saying that he would personally have payed $60 for the Halo 5 Beta--like that proves anything. Then he resorts to the "do you know how hard game developing is???11" argument and even goes as low as to say "but Halo 2 was broken on release!!1"

I overall agree people should be constructive with their criticism, but damn what a stupid post. 

:/ horrible summary. to answer what you posted. I hate the saying "its easy to make a game" when the person has no idea. and also i think people jump the gun way too fast is what i was trying to get at. and there is more to my post then just that. sorry if you didn't understand what i was trying to get across.

and @@T_ReV ive been meaning on making a post about helping out system link and ill reply more later. I'm out of time cheers!

sorry I've been swapped  the last couple of days so i haven't been able to reply. so ill try to reply on a few with my strict time budget

sorry if i came across that way but, I'm not. i was just trying to answer how i feel about some questions i hear a lot about. I am trying to enjoy halo. sorry about the disconnect on the way how i posted. but i could care less about my points. I already know my profile is going to get a bad rep due to me not hoping on the band wagon on how everyone feels about halo. 

:/ horrible summary. to answer what you posted. I hate the saying "its easy to make a game" when the person has no idea. and also i think people jump the gun way too fast is what i was trying to get at. and there is more to my post then just that. sorry if you didn't understand what i was trying to get across.

and @@T_ReV ive been meaning on making a post about helping out system link and ill reply more later. I'm out of time cheers!

So when you buy a TV and it doesn't work properly, do you say "Well I guess I will keep it, i don't know how to make a tv, but I bet i'ts hard" 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So when you buy a TV and it doesn't work properly, do you say "Well I guess I will keep it, i don't know how to make a tv, but I bet i'ts hard"

:/ not at all what I said. Also you can't update a broken TV.

• Downvote (-1) 2