Black Picture

MCC, HALO 5, COMMUNITY OH MY!!!!

I understand where you're coming from man, but seeing how you've been around for a while, I'm sure you know how Halo 4 also went down. It's hard to stay positive after putting up with bullshit over and over. I know I (and I'm sure others as well) have been positive after Reach, was willing to give 343 a chance, gave feedback when H4 had disappointing things and so little was changed over the course of a year that I was just done with the game and not willing to touch it again. Kept getting excuses like "not enough bandwidth / manpower / UI limitations", so I guess we had to wait until the next title.

Then MCC happened. Good games at the core, a LOT of potential, but just the worst possible execution. What do you expect people to think?

I can see where most of the people coming from with track record. Halo 4 was 343 first game to get their feet wet. For me I was happy to see halo making a return, but then I was like :S with all the randomness then died off from playing. Then Bravo and Quinn got hired and improved on the game but you had to have the right game types to play them. At that point it was kinda late however It made me start to play again and host LANs. I'm just trying to stay hopeful is all.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also I don't give two shits about what people like Ghandi have to say.

If you don't get the point of aesthetics in gaming watch this video.

This post annoyed me. Couldn't even bother reading it all.

Option #4: deliver what you said you would on time.

You don't set deadlines and make promises you can't keep, that simple.

Halo 5 faux-ADS; we all get that it doesn't have similar game mechanics as other ADS shooters. That still doesn't make it better/good. Videogames are a visual medium. Thus an"animation" and "visual" change actually does make a big difference. You still have an effect of the gun covering up large amount of your screen that wasn't before. It also IMO looks extremely out of place in a futuristic arena shooter. Do you now what the word aesthetic means? Because the aesthetic of faux-ADS doesn't fit in the halo world, it just serves to pull you out of the experience, not in. Anyone who says aesthetics don't matter to how the game plays are lying to themselves. Not to mention you have to wonder what is the end game for moving to this style. Do you honestly want to sit there and say that ADS as seen in other games won't show up in Halo in the future? I remind you sprint was a limited ability at one point...

Couldn't bother to read anymore because it felt like pointless rambling.

:/ yup I know what aesthetic means. I mean I don't know about you but I don't walk around scoped in looking at my peripheral bottom center of the screen. Also another thing is its going to increase skill gap for players to don't ever zoom in for a battle, (as long it there is no halo 3 br spread) halo 1 and halo 2 I hardly zoomed in, but once halo 3 came to be it made me pretty upset (fun game but br spread was a bummer deal) I had to start zooming in....

I bought the MCC and Xbox 1 despite being a desperately poor student because I thought I was buying the ultimate tribute to classic Halo.

Turns out I was lied to. The game is glitched as hell and half the features we have all come to expect from a Halo game are missing. No one here will give a shit but not having functional theater is a huge deal to me. I have spent more time making videos for Halo than I have playing it honestly. Once again I was duped into spending my money on a product sold on lies.

And you know what? I DON'T LIKE modern Halo. Like it or not while H5 might be a balanced decent competitive title (and this is real iffy) but it's ultimately going to be "modern" Halo. I knew H5 would be like this but I still bought an Xbox 1 on the promise that if H5 sucked I could still play H1/2 on dedicated servers at 60fps.

But it turns out I was sold a cheap, stopgap product only intended to last a year at maximum.

Time and time again this company has proven they are completely willing to lie to our faces to make a quick buck.

They don't deserve our loyalty anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 9

He responded to criticism in the H5 beta thread.

Has he replied to a post that doesn't presuppose 343 is taking halo in a healthy direction?

Has he answered any question that reaches to the core of decisions behind their designs?

I don't want to engage in bashing others especially devs, but please don't misrepresent.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Has he replied to a post that doesn't presuppose 343 is taking halo in a healthy direction?

Has he answered any question that reaches to the core of decisions behind their designs?

I don't want to engage in bashing others especially devs, but please don't misrepresent.

Yes and kind of yes on the second question. He said he would answer more closer to the beta.

Yes and kind of yes on the second question. He said he would answer more closer to the beta.

Please we are all anxious for you to cite any such replies.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This post embodies what pisses me off about the whole situation.

The people who grew up with Halo are students and young adults for the most part, and in most cases, when you're just getting started in life, you're not sitting on a huge pile of cash. MCC, based on 343's promises, was an amazing $60 deal and it almost did warrant getting an Xbox One because of the amount of content.

Like sure, OK, it is a bit of a stretch and getting expensive just for Halo, but Halo fans are so dedicated and passionate, despite being in a rough spot, people are willing to find a way to save up for a console just because Halo means this much. Loyalty like this is so precious and should be treated with infinite care, and 343 / MS just fucking spat on it. It was all lies, and 343 was aware, just did their best to hide it and make the game look presentable for pre-launch reviews and showcases.

MCC's lifespan is not even estimated at a year. H2A is a bad joke. Used for competitive; 3 maps with exhausted metagames, respawns are the worst yet in the whole franchise, its shooting skill gap makes Halo 4 look alright... and then there's all the other games which might as well be demos of their original version.

I just hate being able not to trust 343 in the slightest anymore. It kills me to say this, because there's a few individuals who work there for which I have immense respect, but there are for sure a few bad apples who make the wrong calls over and over and causing collective damage.

Exactly.

On top of this no one at 343 will talk to the community in a heartfelt manner. Our beloved Bravo has been little more than a generic apology machine since the MCC launch (I'm sure he's doing his best but still) and Quinn has fit right in to the long storied tradition that goes back to the Bungie days: saying just enough about the new game to hype people without providing real info. And I have nothing against anyone at 343 personally but it really doesn't change the fact that developer-community interaction has been awful in this period when communication with us is probably more important than it ever has been before.

It just sucks. Everything was finally turning around for this series and it all changed overnight.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Please we are all anxious for you to cite any such replies.

you can just go through the Halo 5 beta thread. I'm sitting in class right now so I can't really skim through that thread.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

you can just go through the Halo 5 beta thread. I'm sitting in class right now so I can't really skim through that thread.

Well when you get some time...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Skimmed OP

Negged

Go back to waypoint with the other brown nosing 45 year olds

:/ then why even post if you are going to skim without understanding what I'm trying to get across.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

(ok ok I kinda get it, but what about sprint.....) These are my feelings on sprint, I like it to get into battle faster, but I hate it when someone makes a poor decision on their map placement, then can hurry and leave, nothing pisses me off more. So if you watch the videos of sprinting in halo 5 all I can say is THANK YOU 343!!! You guys are in the right direction with making sprint work! Halo 1 and Halo 2 don't bother me, but when I play Halo 2 anniversary sometimes I feel naked without it, anyways hopefully you get my point. 

That's by far not the worst thing about sprint, for the hundredth time.

That is one serious post. Love the passion and dedication required to do such a write up. Hats off.

Aaaand we're stuck with sprint forever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Good post man, I appreciate the positivity.

I look forward to H5 beta and fixing MCC/H1 playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't do more than you can handle, do your things thoroughly, take your time to do them right. Simple fundamentals yet they are ignored entirely.

More thoughts:

This should be the case: customer satisfaction > sales numbers. However, when 343 and hundrets of other platforms/forums like IGN, Beyond Entertainment keep hyping the shit out of of a product that has not yet been released we, i.e. the young customer gets suckered into buying a product of a company we (should) have learned not to trust.

Lets base our purchases off of a company's reputation and not get fooled THREE times, shall we? Let's WAIT first before idiotically buying sth right away. THEN they might learn their lesson (I said this after Halo 4 and for the first time ever didn't buy a newly released title on its release day and boy am I glad I didn't).

More thoughts:

Bonnie Ross from 343, I have seen her give terrible presentations and now seen this mess. She isn't up to the job, I'm putting it out there.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good post man, I appreciate the positivity.

I look forward to H5 beta and fixing MCC/H1 playlist.

Thanks! Me as well. It seems like the team slayer playlist has turned into the halo ce playlist Lol. But a true halo ce playlist would be great.

H2A is starting to get incredibly boring and seems to be the least skilled halo yet. As much as I don't like how Halo 5 looks, I would rather play it at this point.

There's marginally more skill to H2A than Halo 4. Not aiming skill though, it's the easiest Halo to shoot in ever. Halo 5 looks difficult to shoot in, which gives me a lot of hope of it being a better game just based on that.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Skimmed OP

Negged

Go back to waypoint with the other brown nosing 45 year olds

How do posts like this even get + repped on this site? If you don't agree with his opinions that's fine, you can comment on that and move on, but that just feels like abusing another poster. If your post does nothing but that I don't understand why you posted it.

I'll be honest and say that I personally didn't even read his whole post, only snippets: the time it must have taken, and the passion ALONE to write this deserves a modicum of respect though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's marginally more skill to H2A than Halo 4. Not aiming skill though, it's the easiest Halo to shoot in ever. Halo 5 looks difficult to shoot in, which gives me a lot of hope of it being a better game just based on that.

I'm sure the HCS will bring out the competitive aspect of the game as the season starts, we need to support the game that 343 is throwing money at so that we get more viewers/ bigger prize pools and support esports.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm sure the HCS will bring out the competitive aspect of the game as the season starts, we need to support the game that 343 is throwing money at so that we get more viewers/ bigger prize pools and support esports.

Oh absolutely, and I don't mind watching I at all. Just don't like playing it quite as much as I like watching it.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I agree with you OP and it's nice of you to speak your mind but you cannot change the minds of people who are old Halo fans. HMMC is 4 engines running at the same time on 4 different (I think) netcodes. Yes they should have done server side testing bbecause the strain from being run on 4 game engines simultaneously is putting a strain on HMMC thus why we have these bugs. I'm being patient (I don't own an Xbox One yet but I will soon) with 343 since I love halo, however that doesn't mean other people have the same mindset and there's no changing that. The fans that will stay with HMMC will stay and others won't. It's the way some communities grow to be.

• Upvote (+1) 1