Herbie

Street Fighter Discussion

I have been playing perfectly fine games for awhile now. No lag, no server drops, constant matches... Ive only won like 3... but i'm learning by getting bodies lol.

edit* I just played someone who was level 268... And bodied them... LOL. How is someone that high of a level though? I'm like level 3.

On a bit of a winning streak now. Figured out standing and crouching M kick with Ryu, is like the most important button/s. Uppercut when they jump... Poke with standing M kick & Crouching Mkick  into fireball. That's all ive done for 5 matches, and won them all.

be careful not to be in range of punishes if you're finishing with Fireball. Fireball is pretty negative on block in this game so if you're in range, they can punish. I believe a Ken can use ex SRK to punish your fireball actually (not sure tho) 

Some people are incorporating b.hk as it's pretty good. Also st.mp is pretty solid as well 

Welcome to Street Fighter lol. This is just generally how most players start out. Take your losses as a lesson and review the matches to see what you're doing wrong. Post your matches here if you can and I'll try helping you out.

Head on to shoryuken.com forums and go to their newbie saikyo dojo and their character discussions to help you out

/r/streetfighter is also a good place to help newbies out. They also have a daily discussion thread

Only these I have found through the interwebs. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/465d20/bafaels_bread_and_butter_combos_for_13_characters/

I think some of the might be outdated? Can't seem to do the light combos. I unno if it's just me

I think some of the might be outdated? Can't seem to do the light combos. I unno if it's just me

I just saw the post but you may be right. I don't have the game otherwise I would let you know

Yeah, some good players are starting to punish the fireball quite easily. I did just play someone who punished it probably 5 times straight over 2 rounds. But in the final round, for the win i mite add, I low M-kick, waited half a second for his button/punish, then M-uppercut & got a counter hit, cancel into super :D. I got quite hyped, stood out of my chair even, LOL. I remembered hearing on a random SF stream one day, about counter hit setups or something, and idk, but i thought i'd try it mid game, and it worked out... if that's even what that was lol. I'm noob.

*Even though i'm getting bodied 8/10 games. I'm quite enjoying my self at the moment. You learn quite a bit (at least being brand new to SF like me) from just getting destroyed. People aren't afraid to show you why standing H-kick, leads into your death, pretty easily lol. I'm getting a good rotation of characters to fight though, and i'm already starting to see what buttons & what ranges get me killed vs each character... Except Karin. She's just straight blowing me up endlessly. Need to change it up against her or something.

Oh and, Ryu vs Ryu, is mad fun. I enjoy that a lot. Good battle of the pokes. Pretty interesting fight even though it's a lot of 1 m button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been playing perfectly fine games for awhile now. No lag, no server drops, constant matches... Ive only won like 3... but i'm learning by getting bodies lol.

edit* I just played someone who was level 268... And bodied them... LOL. How is someone that high of a level though? I'm like level 3.

On a bit of a winning streak now. Figured out standing and crouching M kick with Ryu, is like the most important button/s. Uppercut when they jump... Poke with standing M kick & Crouching Mkick  into fireball. That's all ive done for 5 matches, and won them all.

Yeah that's because last night they took the servers offline from 7-10 PST and updated their servers a bit. The lobbies were still a little buggy as of last night but the disconnects stopped.

They added a hotfix for the lobbies earlier this morning apparently, so hopefully those are working as well.

Yeah, some good players are starting to punish the fireball quite easily. I did just play someone who punished it probably 5 times straight over 2 rounds. But in the final round, for the win i mite add, I low M-kick, waited half a second for his button/punish, then M-uppercut & got a counter hit, cancel into super :D. I got quite hyped, stood out of my chair even, LOL. I remembered hearing on a random SF stream one day, about counter hit setups or something, and idk, but i thought i'd try it mid game, and it worked out... if that's even what that was lol. I'm noob.

*Even though i'm getting bodied 8/10 games. I'm quite enjoying my self at the moment. You learn quite a bit (at least being brand new to SF like me) from just getting destroyed. People aren't afraid to show you why standing H-kick, leads into your death, pretty easily lol. I'm getting a good rotation of characters to fight though, and i'm already starting to see what buttons & what ranges get me killed vs each character... Except Karin. She's just straight blowing me up endlessly. Need to change it up against her or something.

Oh and, Ryu vs Ryu, is mad fun. I enjoy that a lot. Good battle of the pokes. Pretty interesting fight even though it's a lot of 1 m button.

Counter hit setups are just that. If you have a read they're going to press a button and you have a counter hit specific combo and you get it, you did a CH combo that was led from a setup

What most people are practicing now is combos specifically for blocking DPs since having someone block a DP is a free Crush Counter punish.

I'm gonna need to get a new stick. I can't combo on player 2 side without my CA coming out

It can't be me because when i'm doing a dp without a combo it comes out every time, but once i try a combo it goes into CA instead

:/

Maybe not? lol

I'm having such a hard time getting use to crush counters. Really struggling getting any extra combos out of them

Man if some of ya'll are having trouble with this game, someone shit tier like me is going to struggle. I was bad enough in sf4.

Man if some of ya'll are having trouble with this game, someone shit tier like me is going to struggle. I was bad enough in sf4.

So far, execution is a lot easier than USF4, but I'm struggling trying to get use to the new stuff. Like normals doing gray damage, crush counters, barely any hard knockdowns, and chip damage not being able to KO.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Right now i just need to figure out what normals beat what and when i can i punish. i'm noticing Ryu's b.Hk is pretty good

I am gonna be playing SF V on Steam really soon (just waiting for my chair to arrive). Hit me up on Steam at Batchford.

Gonna hopefully be playing in the coming days. Game looks really fun and seems to run well now that the launch issues have been ironed out.

i don't have my own account atm. SO if oyu ever run in to Dshark on pc playing as Ryu. That's probably me. If you run into a Karin that's my friend who mashes lol 

So you can tell who's who by the competence of the player 

Playing Laura. She's not great, but I like her and am starting to figure some things out. 

Fchamp beat my ass with Dhalsim. Never felt so lost playing Street Fighter. Really makes me want to get better

Fchamp beat my ass with Dhalsim. Never felt so lost playing Street Fighter. Really makes me want to get better

that'll happen playing against sim. Especially a really good sim like Fchamp's 

I only recently started beating some really good sim players online on SF4 and even then i still feel a little lost 

that'll happen playing against sim. Especially a really good sim like Fchamp's 

I only recently started beating some really good sim players online on SF4 and even then i still feel a little lost 

Sim is just so confusing in SFV. Much better than I thought he was going to be

Playing Laura. She's not great, but I like her and am starting to figure some things out. 

ChrisG has a really solid Laura. Think people are underrating her a bit

I unno how i feel about the combo system. I'm so used to doing jabs into combos. It feels more limited? I need an updated combo list for the characters. 
But i'm doing an awful job finding a list with all them

Sim is just so confusing in SFV. Much better than I thought he was going to be

who Champ or sim? Thought sim would be better because of his v-kill 

I unno how i feel about the combo system. I'm so used to doing jabs into combos. It feels more limited? I need an updated combo list for the characters. 

But i'm doing an awful job finding a list with all them

who Champ or sim? Thought sim would be better because of his v-kill 

Sim. Champ has been really solid for a while