Herbie

Street Fighter Discussion

Never played a SF game before, thinking of buying it on PC (dont have ps4). Will I be okay to use a keyboard?

I really wouldn't recommend keyboard. I would at least use a controller
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I really wouldn't recommend keyboard. I would at least use a controller

Will a GC controller work? All I got really lol

Will a GC controller work? All I got really lol

You don't have an Xbox One controller or a ps4 controller?

Or a 360 controller?

You don't have an Xbox One controller or a ps4 controller?

Or a 360 controller?

Yeah tried hooking up xbox one controller and it didnt work guess ill try again

edit: working

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love some of the fighting game groups I'm involved in on Facebook and guys are freaking out "This fight was a fucking travesty. Daigo was obviously sandbagging! He should've never won!"

You don't say captain obvious! A multi-game EVO winner and arguably the best street fighter player to ever exist got beat by someone who plays Street Fighter occasionally... Yeah, I'm sure he was trying his hardest lol. It was just for hype and fun. People get butthurt about the dumbest stuff.

I wish the servers were working right now. This is honestly the last game I'm staying up to play at midnight from this day forward. Literally no game is ever finished/working anymore. Can't wait to play when its working though. I've been enjoying the game.

It was a friendly exhibition. Daigo had fun with it. Feel like he played one round seriously and that was the perfect

The whole exhbition was hilarious,I loved it. Rigged obviously but still really fun to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

Besides longish wait times to find matches, I've had zero problems. I dont really even notice wait times though as i usually watching twitch too.

what exactly is wrong with it that its being said its still in alpa? is it just pc? cause i play on ps4 atm. probably will get on pc once i understand the game. my first Street fighter lol

i am ass at this game

Welcome to Street Fighter lol. This is just generally how most players start out. Take your losses as a lesson and review the matches to see what you're doing wrong. Post your matches here if you can and I'll try helping you out.

Head on to shoryuken.com forums and go to their newbie saikyo dojo and their character discussions to help you out

/r/streetfighter is also a good place to help newbies out. They also have a daily discussion thread

anyone got links to combos?

Only these I have found through the interwebs. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/465d20/bafaels_bread_and_butter_combos_for_13_characters/

• Upvote (+1) 1

i am ass at this game

I was pretty bad fighting games when i first started. Got okay at Tekken, then switched to SF and was garbage. Was garbage for a long time. Best way to do it is learn your buttons. Learn why you are doing those moves and when to do them. How they work, etc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whats with all the bad reviews on steam for sf5? Broken/buggy/etc.

The problem with the game is that its pretty barebones when it comes to SP stuff. But honestly I never cared for it and it comes out in March so personalyl I don't mind it. The reason this game was so rushed though is because Capcom wanted this game to be out before EVO and have it ready before Pro Tour 

The game is broken when it comes to anything online with how crazy the servers are. the beta worked fine but the amount of players right now is just making it broken.

Welcome to Street Fighter lol. This is just generally how most players start out. Take your losses as a lesson and review the matches to see what you're doing wrong. Post your matches here if you can and I'll try helping you out.

Head on to shoryuken.com forums and go to their newbie saikyo dojo and their character discussions to help you out

/r/streetfighter is also a good place to help newbies out. They also have a daily discussion thread

Only these I have found through the interwebs. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/465d20/bafaels_bread_and_butter_combos_for_13_characters/

oh this is good shit. I'm getting hype. Gonna start with Ryu then start messing around characters like Karin and Birdie

oh this is good shit. I'm getting hype. Gonna start with Ryu then start messing around characters like Karin and Birdie

Yea I don't have the game yet but I'm already entered in my local tournament this Sunday and mad hyped. Talking to a bunch of people to figure everything out for Ryu and the other MUs with the week 1 knowledge we have and wing the tournament. Hopefully I can make top 32. Tournament is going to have 128 players so it's going to be a fun day. 

Im personally going to use Ryu, Rashid and Karin as my characters for this game. Gonna mess with the rest of the cast but those 3 will be my mains

• Upvote (+1) 1

The problem with the game is that its pretty barebones when it comes to SP stuff. But honestly I never cared for it and it comes out in March so personalyl I don't mind it. The reason this game was so rushed though is because Capcom wanted this game to be out before EVO and have it ready before Pro Tour 

The game is broken when it comes to anything online with how crazy the servers are. the beta worked fine but the amount of players right now is just making it broken.

They thought about the competitive scene first. SO the SP stuff for casuals doesn't come out til later. But it's all free future DLC anyways. No one is getting ripped off. Most games today would charge us that stuff.

Yea I don't have the game yet but I'm already entered in my local tournament this Sunday and mad hyped. Talking to a bunch of people to figure everything out for Ryu and the other MUs with the week 1 knowledge we have and wing the tournament. Hopefully I can make top 32. Tournament is going to have 128 players so it's going to be a fun day. 

Im personally going to use Ryu, Rashid and Karin as my characters for this game. Gonna mess with the rest of the cast but those 3 will be my mains

Good luck man. Just learning some combos now and yeah the combos are ALOT easier to do in this game than SF4

• Upvote (+1) 1

Besides longish wait times to find matches, I've had zero problems. I dont really even notice wait times though as i usually watching twitch too.

what exactly is wrong with it that its being said its still in alpa? is it just pc? cause i play on ps4 atm. probably will get on pc once i understand the game. my first Street fighter lol

Just constantly disconnecting from the server, hosting lobbies to play with people (cross platform in particular; practically impossible to play against my brother on PS4 while I'm on PC). If you're in the middle of a match in an offline mode and get disconnected from the server, it just kicks you out of the game you're in. I was playing Survival on Hell at level 72 and got disconnected and it didn't count. I was pissed lol.

I tried playing earlier today. Was wonder what was up. So i've just been in training practicing/learning combos

One thing i don't like:

Why can't i pick who i want to play when i find a match? Why is it automatically set to your favourite player?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been playing perfectly fine games for awhile now. No lag, no server drops, constant matches... Ive only won like 3... but i'm learning by getting bodies lol.

edit* I just played someone who was level 268... And bodied them... LOL. How is someone that high of a level though? I'm like level 3.

On a bit of a winning streak now. Figured out standing and crouching M kick with Ryu, is like the most important button/s. Uppercut when they jump... Poke with standing M kick & Crouching Mkick  into fireball. That's all ive done for 5 matches, and won them all.

I have been playing perfectly fine games for awhile now. No lag, no server drops, constant matches... Ive only won like 3... but i'm learning by getting bodies lol.

edit* I just played someone who was level 268... And bodied them... LOL. How is someone that high of a level though? I'm like level 3.

On a bit of a winning streak now. Figured out standing and crouching M kick with Ryu, is like the most important button/s. Uppercut when they jump... Poke with standing M kick & Crouching Mkick  into fireball. That's all ive done for 5 matches, and won them all.

I haven't had much trouble either. And yeah that's pretty much how i play Ryu in SF4 lol then eventually you can start adding more offense and better punishes. I've been practicing the punishes. Can do them alright in the lab, but in-game i'm trying too hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1