Sign in to follow this  
Vertigo

H2A: Battle Bazinga (Beaver Creek Remake)

Hi all,

This is my first attempt in any of the Halo's to forge something. My object count got a little high and I still need to add spawns/objective points I'm at 492/650 but Beaver Creek is rather ambitious with all the surrounding rock and underground tunnels. It is up in my file share but constantly changing as I add spawns and tweak certain things. Checkout some screenshots below.

Gamertag: RIP Vertigo

Edit: To better show how the map renders the lighting I did it all the new screenshots from a player perspective.

Battle_Bazinga_Image_11_zps46c01699.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_1_zps40be8d7c.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_2_zps137d7a08.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_3_zpsa7d45422.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_4_zps3f577290.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_5_zpsda047824.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_6_zps2a9f293e.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_7_zps63fd79f9.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_8_zpse62bab3a.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_9_zps24526b79.jpg

Battle_Bazinga_Image_10_zps9e6c1622.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

You could save a lot of your piece usage by replacing most of the flooring with grass panels.

Other than that, decent.

I did that initially, but didn't like the hodge podge look because it was inevitable I used the flat blocks for directly in front of the base. I had removed the file from my File Share earlier yesterday, and worked for a while on the map. Forgot I had removed it from my File Share, thought I was IN my file share and deleted the map, DOH! Thankfully Flipsyde had a copy where I had finished half the map and had to redo the work. I was able to become more efficient, I saved about 30 pieces the second time around. It is available in my File Share, feel free to add me to grab it for it testing. I'm going to be making some improvements still and I have to still place all the spawns. I had planned on having that done by now but ya know deleted the map like a dummy so I'm behind.

This looks pretty solid, any chance of a gameplay? I loved this map 

Does the floor look this bright in-game? Looks a bit distracting 

It's not that bright in game, I used my cap card to take the screen shots and it seems to make things rather vivid.

I updated the original post with new images, still waiting to do the spawns but I modified the sniper ramp a bit, and shifted the whole blue base over. It was a major oversight where the doors weren't perfectly aligned from one another. When I built the second base I didn't start with the door and the upper area and work my way down. I did the underground tunnel and then worked my way up which caused the error.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would probably take a complete redesign but using the water from awash for the creek part would definately make this remake for me. I could help if you want as well. We could make it look a bit more natural.

It would probably take a complete redesign but using the water from awash for the creek part would definately make this remake for me. I could help if you want as well. We could make it look a bit more natural.

You can't use the water without sacrificing the underground portion of the bases which I feel is a bigger compromise than not having water. Hence why I pushed the map into the air. I appreciate the offer though.

• Upvote (+1) 1