RyanW

Like the games it contains, the MCC has set a standard

how quickly they forget

The online MP on All stars still doesn't work. Nintendo wtf it's been 20 years... Oh wait.

The online MP on All stars still doesn't work. Nintendo wtf it's been 20 years... Oh wait.

If 343 did mario all stars, you would select mario one, it would then load up a level from yoshis island, crash, and blow up your console

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lel,  Mario All Starts was the GOAT of collections...there was even one with Super Mario World on it.

Back on Topic... if anything...they proved that you should treat this kind of things more seriously and give it a full development cycle, else the fail train is coming for ya....super fast.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's more an example of what could have been, and what should have been.

Tangent Ahead.

The world of remasters isn't so graceful and there's maybe one or two OUTSTANDING re-releases in any console generation. An example of less than stellar remakes is BULLY: Scholarship Edition, yet another game that is a red headed child of Rockstar that will probably never get a sequel. It was re-released as Scholarship Edition, with a few more missions than the initial release -- and more bugs. The amount of bugs, crashes, and save file corruption was worse and required a patch or you cannot get 100% completion if you fail a particular objective. Hitman: HD Trilogy is another example. You had three games, Hitman 2 and Contracts on one DVD and Blood Money on a separate disc. Differences were pretty serious compared to the standalone releases. You didn't have access to cheats, which doesn't help if you watched gameplay in advanced to purchasing the bundle. I think Contracts had issues loading in the HD bundle. Halo 2 Vista killed Halo's future on PC, and only independent developers are putting more Halo games on PC.

Goes to show the next time we get a collection, just keep it simple and have multiple discs with the expanded content. Don't bother releasing it digitally.

Ungrateful 

Only in the videogame world is it acceptable to pay for a product that advertises x, y, & z but only contains x & y.

I read the entire post but I'm not sure I still understand. Yes if it was functional this would be the new standard but it's not which is why video games this ambitious do not look promising to me anymore. I mean its bad enough how many cut out, shallow, broken games we get at release already from big developers so how is this setting the new standard? It's continuing the trend of making customers pay for products that don't do what they advertise. If they did some GOW collection or in fact any franchise with all the games on one disc I would be hesitant to buy it now after this.

I'll agree though if this gets up and running this would be one of the best games of the last decade for me but the fact that its so broken in every single aspect proves to me that this was something well beyond their reach and just wasn't feasible.

This is all my opinion but the only standards 343 have set for me are buried beneath the ground.

Wait til the Witcher 3 is released and you get free DLC, developers directly sharing their experiences with the community throughout the life cycle, and get an overall 100% working game.

CD Projekt Red are developers who should be setting the new standard but sadly because their game isnt as big as Halo people will continue to accept mediocre titles at launch.

in terms of sheer scope and scale you are correct in saying it set a standard, however in terms of innovation MCC has much to be desired.

What 343 should have done was try to bring all the games together into one FINISHED product, however they went the easier route and just updated each game and slapped them together, and still managed to fuck it up.

The sad thing here is that this will only deter future developers from doing something like this, when instead it should have done the opposite.

Part of the reason the MCC has as many problems as it does is because of the unified Ui. I don't know anybody who would rather have stripped down versions of older Halos matchmaking just to be able to have the option to play any halo in one list. I'd rather launch every halo individually and get all the old playlists for each halo. 343 just screwed us out of more content and a a solid launch by unifying the MM.

If 343 did mario all stars, you would select mario one, it would then load up a level from yoshis island, crash, and blow up your console

haha! YES

in terms of sheer scope and scale you are correct in saying it set a standard, however in terms of innovation MCC has much to be desired.

What 343 should have done was try to bring all the games together into one FINISHED product, however they went the easier route and just updated each game and slapped them together, and still managed to fuck it up.

The sad thing here is that this will only deter future developers from doing something like this, when instead it should have done the opposite.

Er, a collection of old games isint trying to be innovative

It's more an example of what could have been, and what should have been.

Tangent Ahead.

The world of remasters isn't so graceful and there's maybe one or two OUTSTANDING re-releases in any console generation. An example of less than stellar remakes is BULLY: Scholarship Edition, yet another game that is a red headed child of Rockstar that will probably never get a sequel. It was re-released as Scholarship Edition, with a few more missions than the initial release -- and more bugs. The amount of bugs, crashes, and save file corruption was worse and required a patch or you cannot get 100% completion if you fail a particular objective. Hitman: HD Trilogy is another example. You had three games, Hitman 2 and Contracts on one DVD and Blood Money on a separate disc. Differences were pretty serious compared to the standalone releases. You didn't have access to cheats, which doesn't help if you watched gameplay in advanced to purchasing the bundle. I think Contracts had issues loading in the HD bundle. Halo 2 Vista killed Halo's future on PC, and only independent developers are putting more Halo games on PC.

Goes to show the next time we get a collection, just keep it simple and have multiple discs with the expanded content. Don't bother releasing it digitally.

I realize this is way off topic, but I'm curious about independent PC Halo games.

I'm burned out of halo MCC already... Partly because of their MM blunders but man each playlist they have has got old to me. Halo 2 anniversary maps are terrible, possibly the worst team slayer maps are the ones that always get picked, lockout, asenction, and not as bad but still a bad team slayer map Zanzibar. Warlock, and sanctuary seem to be far and few between, at least I never get to play them, they should have remade better maps I guess. Halo 2 classic, all though my favorite playlist, 75% of games are smg start and that's really painful. Halo 3 is just halo 3 online still terrible hit registration, yes improved but still terrible.