RyanW

Like the games it contains, the MCC has set a standard

Developers can see this and take notes. Like any other game.

Yes it was an ambitious project but it's obvious it didn't have enough dev time. That's why it's doing so poor right now.

Maybe they look at Halo 5 and say... "We might need more time just to be sure. Let's make some H2A DLC and Develop with more love Halo 5"

I wouldn't mind.

The entire point of the topic was to show how MCC set an example for future 'collection' packages. 60 bucks for all this content. Ryan literally starts the topic off by saying "Rough and buggy launch aside".

It isn't about MCC being broken as shit, we all realize that it is and repeating it at this point is pointless. He isn't trying to say that it set an example and it is fucking perfect in every aspect because we all know that isn't true but four games (five if you count H2A's mp as its own), a beta for Halo 5 and Nightfall - all under one unified UI. 

It is a great example of what a collection can do and what future ones should do, obviously they should work at launch though.

but rough launce aside, it's still missing tons of content from the previous games. I'd hope other companies wouldn't copy MCC.

but rough launce aside, it's still missing tons of content from the previous games. I'd hope other companies wouldn't copy MCC.

You're still missing the point.

60 dollars

Four games 

Beta access for next game

Live Action Digital Series

Unified UI

The execution of MCC was terrible but the entire concept of it is genius.

60 dollars

Four games 

Unified UI

It's definitely a great concept and for a great price, but all 343i proved was that its extremely hard to pull off and might not be worth the huge trouble. I wouldn't say they "set a standard" at all by doing this. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

60 dollars

Four games 

Unified UI

You're missing their point. 

I can say "let's remaster every Final Fantasy game in the main series and give FFVII the serious cinematic treatment, plus betas for the new FF MMO and all kinds of extra content" and I'd be a fucking mastermind except for the fact that it's completely impractical, which is apparently the case with the MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

People seriously thinking the entire concept is impractical because the only company to try this so far rushed the fuck out of it.

1398446401357.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

You're missing their point. 

I can say "let's remaster every Final Fantasy game in the main series and give FFVII the serious cinematic treatment, plus betas for the new FF MMO and all kinds of extra content" and I'd be a fucking mastermind except for the fact that it's completely impractical, which is apparently the case with the MCC. 

So one companies fuck up means it is entirely impossible for another company to make it work. We all know MCC had a stupidly unrealistic release date for something of this scale and the fact that 90% of the game was outsourced doesn't help.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So one companies fuck up means it is entirely impossible for another company to make it work. We all know MCC had a stupidly unrealistic release date for something of this scale and the fact that 90% of the game was outsourced doesn't help.

That doesn't make any difference. Every project has budget and time constraints, and the only merit that this collection can have is the numbers of copies and consoles it moves - and KEEPS. 

If it was that easy, everyone would do it. You can't just say, "spend more time on it", because that's a shitload of resources. 

Saying another company couldn't do it better is ridiculous to me. But - the MCC should be a warning to anyone that tries a collection like this again that it is a monumental undertaking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The MCC has shown that the impossible can be done.

It has also shown that it should not be rushed out just because a game is turning 10 years old.

Black Tusk Studios better make a GoW collection man...

60 dollars

Four games 

Unified UI

60 dollars on steam would get me 20+ games. also 20 dollars would get me the 3 good games in this collection. less if I torrented two of them. and the games wouldn't be lacking content. 

and I wouldn't describe the concept as genius. It's more like "too stupid not to do." The concept has been there long before 343 started working on it, and 343 didn't even come up with it. This isn't something like Bungie's halo2 Xboxlive UI. That right there was genius. and the concept of an unified ui is barely worth noting.

I agree, even though this launch is a failure and there are more then a handful of flaws and issues with the game till this day the fact that four games that were on two different consoles were put on one disc plus additional content is amazing. No game/franchise/or company has ever done something like this before. This is indeed something companies are going to have to top and I wouldn't be suprised to see more companies putting one franchise game on one game with a combined UI.

Also, there might be companies that wouldn't want to take on this feet that 343 did. If a company were to make a game like MCC and make it successful then that company would get on the map and it would get praise as well as $$$

Yeah brah, its shown that you can make 2004 matchmaking look good.

Do you want a Fedora or something with that Neckbeard

• Upvote (+1) 2

You guys this was done a long time ago on SNES for a game called Super Mario Allstars. The game had Mario 1-3 and Super Mario World on it. #nintendosweg

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think the op was narrow in scope and the discussions that followed spread the relevancy to a wider aspect of execution. That said one should not say we did not understand the op. I for one didn't see it as worth much discussion because of the failures mentioned.

The biggest glaring issue is what was combined into the package? As far as I can read it wasn't what was promised. I am not referring to bugs. But rather which flavor of hce people were lead to believe they would get.

And then there was the h2a EXACTLY as you remember h2.

Don't tell me I didn't understand the op.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 did nothing but show something innovative so another game dev can do it for their games except without the incompetence. 

Issue after issue with halo, wtf? Can't we just get one game right? 343i just released a killing spree worth of broken games. If Halo can't push the numbers or retain a good sized player base of competitive and causal players, or if we get another shitty game/release. We are fucked, we'll end up like The Halo Council.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm not saying this is rocket science, but it's rocket science.

Good for 343 trying. Their hearts were in the right place. But they bit off a bit more than they could chew. They're the first ones through the door and anyone who thought there wasn't going to be major issues come launch must have been delusional. Sooner or later, this is going to be fixed and the hardcore fans like us will be able to enjoy it. We could argue all day about the casuals leaving but I don't really give a shit about them at this point. I'm not a casual and I just wanna play the game(s). That's pretty much it.

What?

If I add up the features that halo1-4 have then compared them with 1-4 on the collection  (heck even including h2a mp), the one outside the collection has infinitely more to offer and I have already paid for them.

halo 1? mcc is missing the halo editing kit, has worse netcode than default xbc, worse netcode than hpc, and tons of bugs. porting a port. they really dropped the ball on this one

halo 2? pretty much the same so theres that. NVM campaign is slower and lacking vista's forge.

halo 3? audio is broken, theater is worse, file sharing is worse and the file share experience is worse.

halo 4? i don't even know.

And the launch experience is the worst ever. The UI doesn't even work. The way MCC will affect other HD remakes is by showing other developers what not to do. The only thing MCC does better than the originals is dedicated servers that are currently broken and not used for customs (where they are arguably more important). 4 separate ports would have been better than the mcc like they did with halo1 on the 360. Right now, I have to restart MCC after every game, so I don't see how loading up a game once to play 100+ matches is worse.

Yeah this post ended up pretty negative, but false positivity is worse in my eyes. Maybe they give us everything i mentioned previously in my post, but they have mentioned no plans of it.

also halo1+4 is less than 60$ at my local gamestore assuming you don't already own them. and the bulk of that price is from halo4.

Lol kinda agree on this and you get - repped for speaking the truth typical Team beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What?

If I add up the features that halo1-4 have then compared them with 1-4 on the collection  (heck even including h2a mp), the one outside the collection has infinitely more to offer and I have already paid for them.

halo 1? mcc is missing the halo editing kit, has worse netcode than default xbc, worse netcode than hpc, and tons of bugs. porting a port. they really dropped the ball on this one

halo 2? pretty much the same so theres that. NVM campaign is slower and lacking vista's forge.

halo 3? audio is broken, theater is worse, file sharing is worse and the file share experience is worse.

halo 4? i don't even know.

And the launch experience is the worst ever. The UI doesn't even work. The way MCC will affect other HD remakes is by showing other developers what not to do. The only thing MCC does better than the originals is dedicated servers that are currently broken and not used for customs (where they are arguably more important). 4 separate ports would have been better than the mcc like they did with halo1 on the 360. Right now, I have to restart MCC after every game, so I don't see how loading up a game once to play 100+ matches is worse.

Yeah this post ended up pretty negative, but false positivity is worse in my eyes. Maybe they give us everything i mentioned previously in my post, but they have mentioned no plans of it.

also halo1+4 is less than 60$ at my local gamestore assuming you don't already own them. and the bulk of that price is from halo4.

Ungrateful 

You guys this was done a long time ago on SNES for a game called Super Mario Allstars. The game had Mario 1-3 and Super Mario World on it. #nintendosweg

how quickly they forget

It had Mario 1-3 and the Lost Levels (Mario 2 in JAP) on it.

There was All Stars with Super Mario World and one without It.

• Upvote (+1) 1