Sign in to follow this  
DRAC0N1K

The Halo Community isn't what it used to be

Posted this on Waypoint, but I'm posting it here because I want to hear both sides...and I feel it needs to be said.

I bought Halo for the Xbox One, but not just for it being the only game to play on the Xbox One, but because I'm a Halo fan, and a loyal one at that. I'm not an ass kisser or a dick rider or some senseless spoonfed Halo fan. I however love Halo, and will love Halo. I know that Halo has issues, that it's broken, however I'm not going to be impatient and go trade the game in because I'm disgusted. I'm disappointed, yes that it should have had some more testing before it came out. Halo has 4 Halo titles working simultainously on one disc, which frankly I've ever seen any developer have more then maybe two titles working on one disc (God of War Collection for PS3) I understand, Halo fans are disappointed. My Halo is sitting on my shelf because I don't have an Xbox One yet, but I do not see myself trading it in anytime soon. 

Moving forward....

The Halo Community is not what it used to be. I've see pre-owned Halo copies at my Gamestop because people got impatient with the game. But what kind of fan may I ask, trades a game in because they're impatient? I know that a lot of us may or may not have evry single Halo game that's been released. I have every Bungie/343 made Halo game on my shelf. Some of us got into Halo with Halo 2, or Halo 3, maybe even Reach or Halo 4. Some of us may have sold our copy of CE or Halo 2 because we got rid of our original Xbox, but that doesn't mean we stopped being fans of Halo. However I think people left Halo, and came back to see if 343 could bring out a working Halo title. However being that HMMC still has issues, it made people rage and not want to play a broken game. But I ask you, how many of you have HMMC on your shelf until the issues are fixed? See, the Halo community knows who the fans are. But theres a difference between a fan and someone who "just plays Halo" 

I'm giving 343 a chance, and why? I know they can fix HMMC, not only because they have to but because they know the fans aren't going to accept it in it's current state. But they know that they have patient fans who are the Halo Community and I think they know who aren't. Yeah HMMC is losing players by the minute, but then again, tell me that those players didn't waste $399 on a console for a single game, but waited until Halo launched to buy a console just for a single game and didn't keep it, but ended up trading it in for say...a PS4? Those people who wanted HMMC to be on PC bought the "inferior console" as they call it because they had to, not because Halo wasn't on the PC. However how many bought the Xbox One for Halo because they wanted an Xbox One and are to this day enjoying the console? See, that seperates fans from typical gamers because fans will buy the console for their favorite game, but keep it because they enjoy other games that the console has. How many of you still have your original Xbox or Xbox 360 not because of Halo, but because you enjoy the console? 

Halo may not have many of it's past time fans left, but it still has a community, a loyal community. I believe that's what seperates us from the rest. 
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Yeah it has a loyal community. Too bad it has a shitty developer who doesn't care about the community, releases broken games (knowingly), and ignores the community when they try to help them make a good game (see Halo 5). We've been giving them a chance for 7 years, and they screw it up every time. Enough is enough.

Pretty sure H3 was not a broken game, just you did not like it. 343 also started in 2010, so yeah, 4 years

Pretty sure H3 was not a broken game, just you did not like it. 343 also started in 2010, so yeah, 4 years

Bungie made H3. Its funny we used to all hate bungie... now after what 343 has done, i'd do anything to have Bungie back.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Bungie made H3. Its funny we used to all hate bungie... now after what 343 has done, i'd do anything to have Bungie back.

I know Bungie did, but the OP was talking about 343, not Bungie. And I would not want them back, they changed after H3 for the severe worse, look at Halo Reach and Destiny for example. Broken PvP in both, and to top it off Destiny has hidden DLC on the disk. I would much prefer 343, at least H5 has some potential, hopefully they deliver and prove to everyone that Halo 4 was a one off...

• Upvote (+1) 4

I know Bungie did, but the OP was talking about 343, not Bungie. And I would not want them back, they changed after H3 for the severe worse, look at Halo Reach and Destiny for example. Broken PvP in both, and to top it off Destiny has hidden DLC on the disk. I would much prefer 343, at least H5 has some potential, hopefully they deliver and prove to everyone that Halo 4 was a one off...

That's the messed up part, even if Bungie would fix more of the games issues they wouldn't do the Halo 5 Beta Feedback any favors.

I feel sorry for anyone stuck without internet and playing MCC, I ran the game without internet turned on and it was just atrocious.

I loved Halo 3. I was using 7 years to reference the release of the last acceptable Halo game

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry for + rep, meant to neg. You're stupid.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Anyone who gives up on halo now to me is stupid, MCC and guardians can both end up being solid games, compare that to a game like 4 that was dead on arrival and you start to look at things in a more positive light, I'm not saying I don't understand the frustration of the halo community right now, I'm saying people need to start putting things into perspective.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People need to "put things into perspective?"

Here's some perspective:

- Halo 3 was fun, but was not so great competitively

- Halo Reach was a mess

- Halo 4 wasn't even a Halo game

- And now, 343 promises us classic Halo "just as we remember it," and it's a complete mess and nothing works.

And you want people to just sit tight and be patient? Do you honestly blame them for washing their hands of 343 and walking away? Because I certainly don't.

MCC isn't just one mistake. It's a huge mistake after years of mistakes, and the community is fed up. Fool me once, etc. etc.

I agree, accept I think H3 was still a good game competitively

I still love Halo. I'm not returning MCC, and I bought an XB1 for the sole purpose of playing it. I don't really know what to think about the future of Halo. I don't really like the way things are going, but we'll see. OP was interesting to say the least. 

I agree. 

I still love Halo. I'm not returning MCC, and I bought an XB1 for the sole purpose of playing it. I don't really know what to think about the future of Halo. I don't really like the way things are going, but we'll see. OP was interesting to say the least. 

I am sticking with it too, but I don't blame people for leaving one bit.

I am sticking with it too, but I don't blame people for leaving one bit.

Yeah I can understand the frustration. There's no need to attack people for moving on just because you don't want to. Many more things in life matter than Halo. A lot of people who are giving up are people who used to have Halo be a big part of their lives, moved on, found out about MCC so they decided to come back, and don't need it anymore. 

The hell with 343i, and bungie. We have not have a solid halo game since halo 3 competitively died out. 

Also, screw all the people who say "lets wait and be patient for when the game comes out". We waited for Reach and were disappointed, we waited for halo 4 and WE DISAPPOINTED!!!

The Halo community CANNOT SIT AROUND WAITING FOR A BETTER GAME. When the Halo 5 Beta comes out DEMAND WHAT WE WANT AND TAKE OUT ALL THE BULLSHIT LIKE SPRINT!!!!

Also, fuck the fake ass "Pros" who cash out and say Halo 5 is good just to be invited to future Halo events.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 can potentially fix it. I'm actually very disappointed that Microsoft hasn't stepped in to help fix the problems, seeing as how Halo is their flagship franchise. They may just be the distribution and publishing side of the franchise, but the company has very competent programmers that could easily help them.

Yeah it has a loyal community. Too bad it has a shitty developer who doesn't care about the community, releases broken games (knowingly), and ignores the community when they try to help them make a good game (see Halo 5). We've been giving them a chance for 7 years, and they screw it up every time. Enough is enough.

Where do you get off saying that? They wouldn't be giving us a beta for Halo 5, nor would they have started the HCS if they didn't care about the community.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 can potentially fix it. I'm actually very disappointed that Microsoft hasn't stepped in to help fix the problems, seeing as how Halo is their flagship franchise. They may just be the distribution and publishing side of the franchise, but the company has very competent programmers that could easily help them.

Where do you get off saying that? They wouldn't be giving us a beta for Halo 5, nor would they have started the HCS if they didn't care about the community.

I'm going to let you in on a secret... the Halo 5 beta is not releasing to the public a year early out of the kindness of 343i's heart lol.

It's a business decision. Have you watched any of the Vidocs? They have no idea what it is to make a decent competitive Halo game. We are testing this crap so they have enough time to turn around and tweak/tune accordingly.

They are first and foremost only after the bottom line. After the abortion that was Halo 4 (insert Coach's graph), they know they can't strike out again. These little "gifts" are nothing more than business decisions. The funny thing is that we've been asking for them for 7+ years.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm going to let you in on a secret... the Halo 5 beta is not releasing to the public a year early out of the kindness of 343i's heart lol.

It's a business decision. Have you watched any of the Vidocs? They have no idea what it is to make a decent competitive Halo game. We are testing this crap so they have enough time to turn around and tweak/tune accordingly.

They are first and foremost only after the bottom line. After the abortion that was Halo 4 (insert Coach's graph), they know they can't strike out again. These little "gifts" are nothing more than business decisions. The funny thing is that we've been asking for them for 7+ years.

Then, in short: Halo's doomed and Microsoft should just abandon the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Blur cutscenes are the sole thing in this entire collection deserving of some cash and if I wanted to watch shit I'd go to a movie theater and spend 15 bucks not 60 for one hour's worth of an animated story I've heard before.

Or you could just watch it online and not pay anything. 

Not that I publicly or professionally endorse such an act of media theft.

*cough* *cough*

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know they can fix HMMC

Yeah HMMC is losing players by the minute

Those people who wanted HMMC

Now we know who posted that developer AMA on reddit last week.