Sign in to follow this  
DRAC0N1K

The Halo Community isn't what it used to be

love Halo to death, but this is not the Halo experience, this is just a quick cash scheme with the name Halo slapped on it. I'll stick to being loyal to people who don't scam the shit out of me.

quoted for truth

Mcc was a scam 110%, they sold us all an xb1 we didn't want

• Upvote (+1) 5

I loved Halo 3. I was using 7 years to reference the release of the last acceptable Halo game

Oh! Well then I apologise

I don't understand why anybody is giving 343 the benefit of the doubt, who's claim to fame is Project Gotham Racing.  343 was always viewed as an inferior developer, and they've definitely proved that perception through Halo 4 and the MCC. 

For 343 to try and define the new age FPS through Halo 5 without even being remotely competant in delivering a classic FPS experience is a train wreck just continuing to happen. 

After years of disappointing Halo titles made by misguided developers, why is anyone surprised that people are abandoning the bug-riddled MCC? Or that Halo's community has shrunk so much in recent years? Bungie set us on a dark path years ago, and 343i has only continued our march down this road. I'm as eager as the next person for H5 to be a great game, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game sucks, though I hope to god that the game is miraculously great. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You can't blame the community for shrinking when devs continue to make horrible games, Obviously the halo numbers are not what they should be, but you can't really blame the people who left us.. It's honestly more about respecting the guys who stayed. Don't hate the player, hate the game  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not even angry any more. That passed a long time ago. Now i'm just really, really disappointed.

I honestly thought that this could well bring me back into gaming, the prospect with playing again with old friends was too much to resist and I like many others bought into the hype.

This community has grown up with Halo and with that comes far more life responsibilities. I rarely get more than an hour to play late in the evenings now, and the prospect of wasting that time on an unstable mess just doesn't cut it. To me though, the absolute worst aspect of it all is that in the precious few moments of fully functioning classic halo, it's utterly wonderful.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I've already got rid of MCC and I'm most likely going to sell my Xbox One sometime soon, the only way I would give Halo a second chance is if Halo some how came to the PC or even someone make a knock off of Halo on the PC.  An as for HCS I see it as a waste of 343's time now because they literally have not executed one thing right except lying to us.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will start with stating that I'm drunk. I didn't read the entire thing thoroughly, I did scum through it, but I would have to agree with what all you said.

Wtf is this rambling nonsense.

Dude. It's 2014. People have grown up. They don't have $60, or $360 to blow on a failed product based on the possibility that it could be better (eventually). It is fan loyalty that brought people to buy the game in the first place. It is unreasonable to ask those same people to sit on a broken game based on faith alone when 343 has outright abused their trust as consumers.

I'm actually annoyed by how stupid this post is, OP. You clearly have never had to spend a dollar of your own money before in your life. When you do, you'll understand the heart of the issue.

Buddy, I'm 26 and yes I clearly have...only reason why I don't have an Xbox One is because I have you know...bills to pay? I wasn't spoiled bro, I worked for all my shit...

It's called giving games a chance...when this generation of gamers doesn't even know how to do that. 

But actually no...that wasn't was I was explaining....people do what they want with their money. Whether they sit on a broken game is up to them though however, people who are patient ENOUGH (like me) will see the game though to it being fixed. I did the exact same thing with Halo 4 and I still have THAT on my shelf. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What just makes me sad is that competitive Halo has the potential of taking off and becoming bigger than it ever was. Look at CLG, Cloud9, and EG sponsoring teams. Could be huge. But a lot of that potential seems shot right now with the MCC not working and Halo 5 potentially bring a mess

• Upvote (+1) 1