HaloNut252

As much as I've ripped it up, in hindsight H3 is actually pretty good

Halo 3 is a great example of a very pure team game.  It limited you as an individual, and forced you to up your team skills.  Fortunately, I like team games a lot, so I still enjoyed it, though I see why people hated it.  It was a very simplified, straightforward version of Halo.

But when 1/3rd of your bullets don't register, nope.  Can't deal with that shit.

I'm looking forward to playing more H3 with reliable hit registration.

Another one of these threads again..... :walshy:

I will say though that Halo 3 is still my favorite of all of them even through the trashy hit registration. It was absolutely perfect in every way for me, especially the graphics :D

On the 360 I would say you would have to rely on having a good team in H3 more, because of already mentioned problems of bullet reg and the almighty HOST. But on the One, you can honestly play this game like H1/H2 and be more aggressive, as I feel from own experience that the 60FPS helps the aim dramatically, and the hit reg MUST have been tweaked or something, because people are leading and hitting magnum shots from across snowbound.

I think everyone should at least give the game one more chance. After playing through all 3 games again, I still feel that it is my favourite competitively and socially.

Just like the weapon timers in Halo 2 it has big, unavoidable issues which completely dampen the experience for me.

The art style is nice, it was ahead of its time in terms of features, and some of the fringe parts of the sandbox are cool, but the way the game plays is an omnipresent spectre of anti-fun to me. Even the campaign after coming directly from Halo 1 and 2 feels pretty terrible - as a player I feel slower and every weapon is just weaker and less fun to use.

It does absolutely nothing well (in terms of gameplay) that other Halo games don't do much better.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My favorite of all the Halo games. Everyone has their reasons for not liking it, but H3 really took my love of this franchise to another level

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does absolutely nothing well (in terms of gameplay) that other Halo games don't do much better.

I would disagree, Halo 3s nade physics definitely have a leg up on any of the games not named CE, H3 had so many angles of nades that you could throw because the walls and floors "Played Racquetball with them". You cant throw a nade off the floor and have it fly through the air and hit a guy in the face in the other games. I loved the way they work in H3

I would disagree, Halo 3s nade physics definitely have a leg up on any of the games not named CE, H3 had so many angles of nades that you could throw because the walls and floors "Played Racquetball with them". You cant throw a nade off the floor and have it fly through the air and hit a guy in the face in the other games. I loved the way they work in H3

I can agree with that, but I do prefer the way they work in CE (the longer throws and coming to rest before exploding especially). I also dislike the reduction of grenade capacity that H3 introduced (I know technically you can still carry 8 grenades, but there are never more than 2 of any kind on a map). Their use as a method to control space is much less effective when you can't carry many of them and can't throw them as far quite so easily.

I had a similar thought about H3 when Reach was launched but just realized that it was just my standards and expectations dropping generation after generation of sub par Halos one after the other. H3 isn't any better than I thought it was when I first played it its just that Reach/H4 were so horrible it made H3 look good and so on. 

CE>>2>>>>>>>3 

CE>>2>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Reach/4

Makes H3 look real nice once your standards are adjusted huh. Reach/H4 did a real good job of redefining what terrible meant in the context of Halo.

I had a similar view, although I can't say I "ripped" the game.  When H3 came out, I simply preferred H2.  While I was waiting for MCC to come out, I gave the game a second chance and fell in love with it.  Most problems with shot registration are due to connection.  Halo 3 plays amazing on LAN.

I think the best thing about Halo 3 was the community. It was golden. It'll always be my favourite game ever, despite the terrible connections, had so many good memories from playing it.

Completely inaccurate is very strong wording. This is a stupid argument we're having. I remember Chris Puckett talking about how they were the first to use face cams in Zola's documentary. Maybe he was referring to only the first among Western organizations, and that's good enough for me considering I have never watched a Starcraft event nor do I care to. 

This is a stupid argument we're having and I don't really care to continue it anymore. Sorry. 

Because Chris Puckett is not biased source...

Also, what a fucking childish viewpoint. Because I don't watch this game I am going to ignore that it ever existed.

Because Chris Puckett is not biased source...

Also, what a fucking childish viewpoint. Because I don't watch this game I am going to ignore that it ever existed.

I'm not ignoring it ever existed. It just has never attracted my attention, so I'm not going to watch it.. All I said was I wasn't going to let that convince me I was wrong because the couple seconds I watched as I clicked various parts of the video looked incredibly boring and I couldn't understand any of it. It didn't look revolutionary at all. You seem very heated over this. You might want to go take a nap or something. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

On dedicated servers or on LAN it is lightyears ahead of H2.

Plus negged for speaking your opinion, lol at the people who negged you

I'm not ignoring it ever existed. It just has never attracted my attention, so I'm not going to watch it.. All I said was I wasn't going to let that convince me I was wrong because the couple seconds I watched as I clicked various parts of the video looked incredibly boring and I couldn't understand any of it. It didn't look revolutionary at all. You seem very heated over this. You might want to go take a nap or something. 

I love when immature people are wrong because their only reponse is always that the other seems mad.

I love when immature people are wrong because their only reponse is always that the other seems mad.

Coming from the guy who has neg repped like every post I've had on this thread...

I'm going to stop responding to your posts, since I've already told you I was done with this conversation and I got a little heated when you called me "fucking childish". 

Coming from the guy who has neg repped like every post I've had on this thread...

I'm going to stop responding to your posts, since I've already told you I was done with this conversation and I got a little heated when you called me "fucking childish". 

I negged you once you said that you didn't even bother to watch the video I linked besides a couple of seconds (and I only negged you for comments you made after the point of the video I posted that you were responding to without actually watching). And completely ignoring any evidence that goes against what you said is pretty childish.

Completely inaccurate is very strong wording. This is a stupid argument we're having. I remember Chris Puckett talking about how they were the first to use face cams in Zola's documentary. Maybe he was referring to only the first among Western organizations, and that's good enough for me considering I have never watched a Starcraft event nor do I care to. 

This is a stupid argument we're having and I don't really care to continue it anymore. Sorry. 

Yeaaaaaa. It might be a stupid argument but if people don't point out clearly inaccurate information people walk around spreading misinformation, something all to common in today's internet world. You should take anything Puckett says as one mans biased/uninformed opinion. And to say "I never watched it therefore it doesn't matter/exist" is an absurd argument. Firecrotch is right, MLG didn't revolutionize anything. In the world of PC gaming and oversea's eSports all this stuff was being done before MLG was even an idea. Putting fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalala" won't change that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeaaaaaa. It might be a stupid argument but if people don't point out clearly inaccurate information people walk around spreading misinformation, something all to common in today's internet world. You should take anything Puckett says as one mans biased/uninformed opinion. And to say "I never watched it therefore it doesn't matter/exist" is an absurd argument. Firecrotch is right, MLG didn't revolutionize anything. In the world of PC gaming and oversea's eSports all this stuff was being done before MLG was even an idea. Putting fingers in your ears and going "lalalalalala" won't change that.

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said I don't care for it. The west has been very different from Asia for thousands of years, they do things differently than we do and likely always will. I'm putting fingers in my ears because I don't care to keep having the conversation. All he's done is neg rep me repeatedly and insult me, and be hypocritical for blaming me on not watching a twenty something minute video when he did the same for me earlier in the conversation.  This website largely consists of people from the West, including myself, and I don't follow tournaments for a game I know little about that are happening in a country I know little about. You can't blame me for that. Everybody's got opinions. 

I didn't say it didn't exist. I said I don't care for it. The west has been very different from Asia for thousands of years, they do things differently than we do and likely always will. I'm putting fingers in my ears because I don't care to keep having the conversation. All he's done is neg rep me repeatedly and insult me, and be hypocritical for blaming me on not watching a twenty something minute video when he did the same for me earlier in the conversation. This website largely consists of people from the West, including myself, and I don't follow tournaments for a game I know little about that are happening in a country I know little about. You can't blame me for that. Everybody's got opinions.

Here's the thing. I googled that video (which is 4xs as long as the one I posted) and watched most of the parts with Puckett like you said. Also, I have watched every mlg event since 2008 and have watched some of the events from 2006 and 2007. I know what their broadcasts are like.

Compared to Reach and Halo 4 yeah I'd say that Halo 3 is a good game. When compared to the first two Halo games though....

That doesn't mean that the West has contributed nothing to eSports presentation. One thing that comes to mind is the use of cameras on the players faces. 

But that's not what you said. You said "MLG revolutionized" it. You didn't say "the West contributed to eSports." There's a massive difference.

EDIT: Anyway, H3 is def awesome. Halo 3 was the game I put the most time into in the series since it came out when I was in high school. Pretty much the sole reason I got an Xbox 360. Still one of the best purchases I've ever made (or, rather, my mom made lol). I didn't realize the difference between H2 and H3 really in terms of hit registration and stuff like that, and I'm glad looking back on it that it didn't negatively affect my experience with the game.