HaloNut252

As much as I've ripped it up, in hindsight H3 is actually pretty good

It's not Halo 2, and it never will be. But the graphics engine and art design are on point, and the sound is equally polished. Great game, and I can't believe I'm successfully finding matches on my 360, I feel for the MCC community and anxiously await when it is fixed so I can trade my 360 in for a 1.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I always like to see some love for H3 on here. It had it's flaws, every Halo does, but it was my first Halo and I will always call it my favorite game. Good man. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The aim acceleration and shot registry killed for me. I cannot stand the feeling of aiming in that game. Just feels so sluggish and like the game is holding you back. Registry is also stupid, although that might be because I'm Canadian. It's decent on LAN because half those problems go away, but I do not have a fond perspective of that game.

The art design was beautiful though. The pinnacle of Halo in my opinion. Medals were also gorgeous.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm playing H3 MLG on the 360 right now. I'm playing from Tasmania and I still enjoy it regardless of hit reg. Just gotta muscle through it because that's what makes a good player.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It had a great social side, probably my favourite of the series.

Competitively it was butts though.

I totally disagree. H3 did so much for competitive Halo. Forge, Theater, and the time it was big (YouTube and such) set a high standard. MLG was able to revolutionize and change the way things like competitive gaming were broadcasted and presented. 

I'm playing H3 MLG on the 360 right now. I'm playing from Tasmania and I still enjoy it regardless of hit reg. Just gotta muscle through it because that's what makes a good player.

Hell yeah man. I respect that. 

If you disallowed pickups the game got more appropriately hectic and competitive, stuff like Flare and Radar Jammer only made sense in areas with restricted player movement.

Action Sack was the most fun in Halo 3 IMO, and it had the best Grifball.

Too many issues from a competitive standpoint. It was terrible.

But there was a lot of creativity from the social community, lots of interesting things done with a forge system that wasn't designed for what people were doing, and the file share system was one of the best new features to any console game.

H3, in a lot of ways, was ahead of its time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I totally disagree. H3 did so much for competitive Halo. Forge, Theater, and the time it was big (YouTube and such) set a high standard. MLG was able to revolutionize and change the way things like competitive gaming were broadcasted and presented. 

Hell yeah man. I respect that. 

MLG did not revolutionize and change the way things like competitive gaming were broadcasted and presented.

Like others said. Fun, but fuck the shot registration and aiming.

Feature wise it was fantastic, very revolutionary for a console game at the time as well, but the gameplay with it's BR spread, appalling hit detection, sluggish aiming and movement made it inferior to Halo 2 on a competitive gameplay standpoint in my opinion.

I agree, but it wasn't butts  ;)

MLG did not revolutionize and change the way things like competitive gaming were broadcasted and presented.

They absolutely did. 

No, they didn't. What did they do that revolutionized anything?

Watch Chris Puckett's part in Zola's documentary. 

Watch Chris Puckett's part in Zola's documentary. 

I skimmed it. Nothing was revolutionary. Here is Starcraft in 2007 in Korea:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Having barely ever played it before, I recently LAN'd H3 with some non-competitive friends over a few days. We played BR/AR starts with radar on, random weapon starts, Ninjanaught, and some random bullshit gametype where speed was max, gravity was 50%, and everyone had Camo. I'm not sure about the competitive side, but casually the game was some of the most fun I've had in Halo.

I skimmed it. Nothing was revolutionary. Here is Starcraft in 2007 in Korea:

Now that right there is revolutionary.

You can't actually expect me to accept that I'm wrong when I can't understand Korean and have no experience playing or watching Starcraft. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Now that right there is revolutionary.

You can't actually expect me to accept that I'm wrong when I can't understand Korean and have no experience playing or watching Starcraft. 

You don't have to understand what they are saying when you claimed MLG was revolutionary when it came to presentation. Korea was broadcasting Starcraft before MLG even existed. Korea at one point had two tv channels dedicated to broadcasting Starcraft and other games. Korea has always been one step ahead of the West when it comes to eSports presentation.

You don't have to understand what they are saying when you claimed MLG was revolutionary when it came to presentation. Korea was broadcasting Starcraft before MLG even existed. Korea at one point had two tv channels dedicated to broadcasting Starcraft and other games. Korea has always been one step ahead of the West when it comes to eSports presentation.

That doesn't mean that the West has contributed nothing to eSports presentation. One thing that comes to mind is the use of cameras on the players faces. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

That doesn't mean that the West has contributed nothing to eSports presentation. One thing that comes to mind is the use of cameras on the players faces. 

I never said that, just that it is completely inaccurate to say that MLG revolutionized how eSports were broadcasted. Once again, in Korea they have had cameras focused on players for a long time and they would often cut to players reactions as the game progessed. MLG was ahead of all the other western organizations though.

I never said that, just that it is completely inaccurate to say that MLG revolutionized how eSports were broadcasted. Once again, in Korea they have had cameras focused on players for a long time and they would often cut to players reactions as the game progessed. MLG was ahead of all the other western organizations though.

Completely inaccurate is very strong wording. This is a stupid argument we're having. I remember Chris Puckett talking about how they were the first to use face cams in Zola's documentary. Maybe he was referring to only the first among Western organizations, and that's good enough for me considering I have never watched a Starcraft event nor do I care to. 

This is a stupid argument we're having and I don't really care to continue it anymore. Sorry. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2